Rioli shoulder injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know the outcome of the injury - but what caused the shoulder injury??

Fox footy said and did everything to camouflage the behind the ball incident late in 1st qtr.

Did not or could not show any footage.

Cyril was a punching bag all the time he was on the field.

Glad he was subbed - hope he is OK.

Nothing major by the looks of things. He was arm-in-arm(no sling) singing the song. And also clapping Hodge off as he was chaired from the ground.

Anyone who's ever hurt a shoulder, knows that you don't exactly want to be doing either of those things if you've busted a wing.
Perhaps it was just a stinger that they wanted to be precautionary with.

Won't be surprised if he sits out next week.

That's sounds good then Echols... From what I heard on radio the Hawks players were having a grudge againts the port player who knocked him in the first term..
Good to see our boys stand up for each other..

That's sounds good then Echols... From what I heard on radio the Hawks players were having a grudge againts the port player who knocked him in the first term..
Good to see our boys stand up for each other..

The knock in the first term wasn't the knock that caused his Shoulder Injury. It was a hip & shoulder just before half time after he disposed of the ball. Nothing in it really.

Don't know the outcome of the injury - but what caused the shoulder injury??

Fox footy said and did everything to camouflage the behind the ball incident late in 1st qtr.

Did not or could not show any footage.

Cyril was a punching bag all the time he was on the field.

Glad he was subbed - hope he is OK.
Interesting to hear before the game that Port where going to target Rioli with some sough stuff
Very reminiscent of Budha in 89 on Platten
Cant remeber who said it or how it was phrased,I will check my tape later.
They did show the second incident, it was a pretty innocuous bump off the ball.I think by Redden
Seemed to get him in the ribs and maybe he fell on his shoulder ???
I dont think they showed the first incident though.

I think he was hurt when he was giving a handball off and chaplain thumped him with an elbow at the back of his shoulder. Iced up at half time, but if he was arm in arm at the end all is good I assume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw the Hawks/Collingwood a few weeks back and Rioli was taken out at least 3 times by a massive hip and shoulder. You only see bits and pieces on Tv but I suspect this is quite a regular occurrence. We need to protect him.

Is regularly targeted for off-the-ball intimidation, I guess there's not much point going after Hodge/Sewell/Mitchell/Lewis in that way.

I think it was Hartlett that felled Rioli with a gut punch, didn't seem like a big deal but Rioli was down for a long time.

Although I noticed a couple of Port attacks (on Rioli, Guerra and Burgoyne) there wasn't anything like the sniping we've seen the last few encounters.

I saw the Hawks/Collingwood a few weeks back and Rioli was taken out at least 3 times by a massive hip and shoulder. You only see bits and pieces on Tv but I suspect this is quite a regular occurrence. We need to protect him.

Colbert said he was told by port players to target Rioli and whack into him at all times. Rioli and port have history. I'm just glad we whipped them by 70 odd at the end of the day. Shhiit club going backwards and I hope they continue to get pumped

Don't listen to a word Pinocchio Evans says. Rioli will b extremely sore this week and I reckon it will b a 3-4 week injury. Think worst case scenario and you don't get disappointed.

Crutches for Gibson would be a precaution and to help the recovery process, taking the unnecessary weight off of the ankle, while also starting the process of rehab.
It may be a bit black and blue in the next few days, but I'd suggest that it's nothing major considering he was looked at by our docs and then played out the majority of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rioli shoulder injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back