RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Bondy died but so did, seemingly, the English language. Unless, of course, they meant that there was a lot of people glad he died.

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 8.44.02 pm.png

Ornette Coleman, brilliant jazz musician (listen to "The Shape of Jazz to Come", it's still groundbreaking) has died aged 85.

I love his quote "It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something".

RIP.

Last edited:
Ron Clarke has passed away.

RIP

1434500797212.jpg

:(

Singer and entertainer Cilla Black has passed away at the age of 72. Cilla was best known for her early singing career in the 1960s with hits such as 'Anyone Who Had A Heart", "You're My World" and "It's For You". She was famously signed by Brian Epstein (manager of The Beatles) at John Lennon's insistence. She was also the cloak room girl at The Cavern Club in Liverpool, where she met and befriended the young group shortly before they became a worldwide sensation.

R.I.P, Cilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver Sacks, aged 82 has passed away. Neurologist and author.

I've found each of his books fascinating, as would anyone with a passing interest in how the brain/mind works.
Yes, a brilliant mind has passed, but he has left behind an enormous legacy.

Vale.

Vale Jonah Lomu.

Amazing that someone so strong could be reduced to someone so weak.

Terrible way to go.

What a powerful human being. He was the player of the tournament in the rugby world cup in South Africa 1995. I remember watching the All Black and England match and he was tearing it apart, literally running through players.

He could run the 100mtrs in 10.4 sec, exceptional for a man of that size. RIP Jonah Lomu.

Sad to hear Lemmy from Motorhead passed away about a week ago. He had just turned 70 and he wasn't in the best of health. This came a few weeks after fellow band member Phil Taylor (drummer) had died, now leaving Fast Eddie Clarke as the sole remaining member of the classic lineup from 79/80.

RIP Lemmy ! Killed By Death, you were indeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP: Obituaries, memorials and things like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back