News RIP Sam Landsberger - Hit in a pedestrian accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

As many have said, a good one in the media landscape and a wonderful career beckoned. Tragic loss for his family, colleagues and fans of his work. A few years younger than I am, so hard to fathom. RIP Sam

This hit me in a few ways.

Firstly my condolences to his family and friends, the people at fox footy and the Herald Sun.

I watched midweek tackle and others have mentioned already, he was articulated and knew his football, the tactics but also the politics.

I happen to hear this news, on the way back from the CBD, and this afternoon I actually drove through the intersection where this tragedy happened. I also myself got t-boned not far down the road in a car accident down Church Street and I've been in even much worse car accidents, and I can tell you that we do not do enough as a society to prevent road trauma.

There are no words that can console the people that have to go through this. It just seems so senseless, for something that seems so preventable if we just took more care on the road. That's all I've got to say on the matter.

RIP Sam, I looked forward to Midweek Tackle, you'll be missed.

Gees this has knocked me for 6. Only watched him a week ago on mid week tackle thinking how enthusiastic & passionate he was articulating any story he covered.

His passing reminded me of when the industry lost a similarly aged Clinton Grybas 16 years ago & how sad it is that both men were destined for greatness in their respective journalistic domains. Just so bloody tragic.

RIP Sam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truck driver past the ‘on scene’ lollipop, but refused to privide a blood sample.

So ICE, GBH, Horse, Ekky or Fentanyl.

Putting 2+2 together and you’d have to say the truck driver was under the influence of something.
Refused blood test = immediate licence loss

Hopefully the perpetrator serves a just sentence. You bloody idiot!

If the truck driver thinks that will get him off the hook, he’s not the full quid

Putting 2+2 together and you’d have to say the truck driver was under the influence of something.
Refused blood test = immediate licence loss

Hopefully the perpetrator serves a just sentence. You bloody idiot!

Up to the police now to find evidence supporting any charges related to dangerous driving, culpable driving causing death etc which have prison sentences between 5-20 years

Jay Clarke & the boys have bravely held it together for their fallen mate tonight on MWT.

Here here lads.
Not an easy thing to do, I remember Bill Woods breaking down when presenting after Barry Sheene died. You really felt his pain from losing a mate.

Just so crazy how a life can be stripped away on this earth. That’s why we have to appreciate every single moment until we are gone. Sam was amazing at his job and had so many hot takes. I met Sam around 2 months ago at around the same place where his incident had occurred in Richmond.
Lost in words.

My condolences to his family and friends, and the people at fox footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

News RIP Sam Landsberger - Hit in a pedestrian accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back