RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

When his thread got bumped earlier I opened it expecting the lot of you celebrating him having a baby boy or something. This was the last thing I was expecting.

Tough as nails and was great mark for his size. Career come to abrupt halt when the AFL introduced the no sliding in below the knee's otherwise I think he would have played more games for us.

RIP.

I still can't process it. I read it the moment it was posted on FB by the club and I simply can't believe it. Like many here he was my favourite player when he played. I'll never forget the game against Port at AO when he bunged his shoulder and Dimma incorrectly sent him back out. He never complained. He was only playing with one arm and was still crashing into everyone. Might not have been the flashiest or most skilful player but I hope the club show every new recruit when they come to the club footage of Tuck and say that's the spirit of how we play.

I still can't process it. I read it the moment it was posted on FB by the club and I simply can't believe it. Like many here he was my favourite player when he played. I'll never forget the game against Port at AO when he bunged his shoulder and Dimma incorrectly sent him back out. He never complained. He was only playing with one arm and was still crashing into everyone. Might not have been the flashiest or most skilful player but I hope the club show every new recruit when they come to the club footage of Tuck and say that's the spirit of how we play.
Cheers for the reminder , I bet dimma would be thinking about that courage that typified tucky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to hear this. Tucky's efforts during a period when we were less than successful (generally) were a bright light. Always gave his all. Looked shattered whenever he was subbed off and was often a victim of early season non-selections (due to the misnomer that the game was too quick for him).

Plenty of highlights when I sit down to think about it but 2 that jumped into my head this evening are him playing a really good game against Brisbane at the GABBA in... maybe 2004. We didn't win but he was unreal. Then one passage of play in 2005 against Port in Richo's 200th, where he battled against 2 or 3 Port players, won the ball back and then hit up Brown. We were getting trounced at the time, he fought against the odds, won and it turned the tide as we went on to win easily. That was Tucky, fighting against the odds.

All reports were that he was great to have around the club. Will be missed. Tough times for the family and I hope Travis has support around him as well.

A shinning light during the dark years of the club. Never met him, but loved watching him play. From the posts before seemed like one the most humble and down to earth blokes out there. Just tragic. Thoughts and prayers with family and those who knew him closely. Has already been mentioned by fellow posters but please guys if you need a dross inbox me or someone on here. Never be afraid to speak up if you are feeling shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back