News RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Awful just awful. Just feels like yesterday I was at the MCG watching him running around against the Blues.

RIP Shane.

Please check on your friends and family in this trying time.

Google ‘suicide clusters’. There’s clear evidence that reporting on suicide can trigger those on the edge to take the next step. The media tend to respect that in their reporting.

They should probably stop mentioning Beyond Blue then. Unless someone is really thick and can't put two and two together, mentioning Beyond Blue implies suicide. So why not just say what it is and start the conversation? In my mind not mentioning suicide just adds to the stigma of not talking about it, does more harm than good. I have no doubt it could trigger people as you say, there are lots of triggers, but again not talking about it would be worse I think.

Rest in peace Tucky.

Commenting on factors that are currently greatly increasing the number of suicides is off topic and disrespectful?
Thread is not about suicide.
It is a thread of condolences and tributes for a young man that has tragically died.

By yeah, let's keep lockdown going!

take this political crap elsewhere, yes it is disrepectful and if you cannot see this well I give up.

Was always a player I liked to watch, tough, but fair footballer. Always gave his all

heartbreaking to hear. RIP shane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible news. Always respected how he resurrected his career to become what I consider a very important player for Richmond in his time there. Always thought he was very underrated. It's a shame he let the comparisons to his father affect him. RIP.

Please use the existing stickied thread Depression & Anxiety to discuss matters on mental health and suicide. Refrain from derailing this thread and please just leave it to it's intended discussion topic

Posts that were discussing suicide rates linked to Covid depression have been moved to a new thread. Please continue the discussion on those topics HERE

Last edited:
Also with these Covid restriction funerals are limited to 10 people and terrible things to be having right now and i just said goodbye to a family member on Friday and the funeral was terrible. Cannot console each other and the chairs are all 2m apart at most and it was very unsettling even though it was a sudden but expected death which we as a family were prepared for but it did not make it easier with no offerings of emotional support in hard times.

So sad at 38yo and my heart absolutely sinks for all his family and friends in this hard time. :(

Same, although we were able to sit as family units so my young kids were with us it was very strange. People talk of memorials later on but I can't go through it again.

I hope the Tuck family get through it as well as they can, I hope Shane Tuck is OK as he has had some issues in the past.

God, what an awful ripple effect through that family.

- His brother lost his AFL career through drug addiction
- His uncle by marriage (Ablett Sr) was a drug addict who had a groupie half his age die in his hotel room from an OD
- His cousin died of an OD two years ago
- Another cousin (GAJ) just announced that his baby son has a degenerative condition

Awful, awful, awful.

He was a good player, someone who if he was in a good side would be the tough hard nut that fans always remember their team that went on to win a flag. Like ben johnson or tovey from collingwood

I have no social media, I don’t watch tv and I don’t listen to the radio but for some reason I felt like I had to say something! I was fortunate enough to know and play with Shane in 2005,2006! I am still haunted by my time at the club and have battled severe depression, anxiety etc etc for many years now, I haven’t spoken to or seen shane for over 13 years but when I found out last night I cried for 3 hours! He was one of a handful of blokes who was actually nice to me at the club! Life is a daily struggle, battle and this is a horrible illness has pretty much ruined my whole life but I now fall forwards not backwards and will not break! I feel so much of his pain and his poor family, I normally keep to myself these days but I’m comfortable talking about it if there is a 1% chance I can help someone out in some way! If you re arrange the word Depression you get “I PRESSED ON”
e9a173f05e0f8b9606685220810a76f2.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

News RIP Shane Tuck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back