Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy was in the top 5 players both on and off the feild.... Crows play last practice match in Coly on Sunday.

U seem 2 no a bit about Leeton 2BIG2STRONG, they tell me Hall is in Tasmania?? Can u enlighten us what is happening there? is he just visiting home or??

can anyone fill in the gaps, how did the challenge on Saturday end up and some of the best players as well as some information on the Temora carnival.

U seem 2 no a bit about Leeton 2BIG2STRONG, they tell me Hall is in Tasmania?? Can u enlighten us what is happening there? is he just visiting home or??

have heard from a very reliable source in leeton that hall is back in tasmainia although not quite sure what his agenda is over there..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marrar went down to mango by 2 goals friday night. fairly free running game. think mango look better than a few ppl expect, seem to drop of fairly sharply after the top tier of 6-8 players. Some kids look pretty promising that seem in the 16-18 range.

hows griffith coming along? are they struggling?

The Swans will improve on last years performance where they were quite inconsistent. Have recruited well with Noonan, Nancarrow and a couple of others on board but have lost Craig Conlan who has moved to Melbourne which will be a huge loss.

Have a young list and will finish mid table in 2009 if my prediction is correct.

Tips for Round 1;

GGGM easily over MCUE. The Goannas despite all the doomsdayers saying they will struggle will go ok this year as they have some very talented young players. They will improve steadily as the season progresses.

Wagga Tigers will welcome Ricky O'Loughlin to the RFL with a win in Round 1. Tigers will once again be there abouts but I expect the Hawks to improve on last year, especially with the new coach and the return of Ben Perkins from Broken Hill.

Coolamon to defeat Narrandera at Kindra Park. Coolamon will certainly be there abouts in 2009 with the recruitment of some good players, namely Ryan Chamberlain. Not much news from the Eagles this year with no recruits apart from Brett Powell and Mitch Glasgow. Narrandera will be competitive this year but will be middle of the road again as depth will be a problem.

Leeton Whitton over Turvey Park in the match of the round. Leeton will consolidate on 2008 with a good start to 2009. Will be interested to see how Paul Scoullar goes in his first game for the Crows - he can play. Turvey have recruited well and watch out for Corey Munson - he is a gun and will certainly have an impact in 2009. The loss of Matt Hooker (if true) will hurt the Dogs though.

Griffith to make the long trip to McPherson Oval and beat North Wagga. Both sides will be looking to improve on 2008 but my spies tell me the Swans look ok. The Saints hopefully will improve in 2009 but it will be a long and winding road to get a win, let alone a couple.

I saw somewhere that Kindra Park wasn't in the best state at the moment thanks to the drought...any truth in the rumour the game could be switched to Narrandera Sportsground?

So am I hearing it right that Corey Pavitt is back at the Tigers

Gary Argus back at Griffith (why hasn't he retired yet lol).

Finally its all starting again, it will be another interesting year, Ganmain, Wagga, and Turvey appear to have consolidated or perhaps built on last year, the Hoppers the Crows will be in the mix again, with the rest unknown and some have already been written off by even our League President ????. And we all know what happened last year, Our Grand finalists were written off by all the experts on Big Footy last year :confused:.

If pre season form and results are anything to go on none of the five I have mentioned are stand outs either.

From the Crows nest, a big influx of height has come into the fold but we have lost our four main onballers from last year, and two key talls as well, so I'm hoping for a few youngsters to step up, fingers crossed.

Leeton by a whisker maybe wishful rather than confident
Ganmain by a smaller margin than people expect, Mango will be very competitive
Wagga easily
Coolamon but not without a scare
Griffith despite the fact that Norths will improve marginally

I heard the other day that Turvey Park don't have enough numbers for a reserve grade team.
Spewing because I was looking forward to playing on Saturday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back