Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats everyones tips on league medal this year? my top 5 are

1. Dane Campbell
2. Ryan Chamberlain
3. Corey Munson
4. Paul scoullar
5. Trent Balding

Think there also could be a few roughies from the lesser teams in Newson, foster and hugo.

As Head said, Scoullar is miles in front of any player in this league - one of the best players I have seen in the RFL in my long time...... and thats saying something!

Great article about Tim Ruffles - lets hope he can make AFL football. A young man that would deserve that result after all his hard work.

I remember him playing for Narrandera at 16 years of age and dominating then - he certainly had some ability!

The pie eater Sam Keenan may come home hard hes stopped eating 3 before a game hes down too 1 and a donut
bah sam keenan the only keenan worthy of mention on this forum is keenan hannigan rising star of the rfl
biggest mistake coolamon made was gettin rid of brendan mckelvie he was the real deal not sam keenan

Mate, getting rid of Brendan McKelvie was one of the best decisions Coolamon made, no way was it the worst decision!! they were never moving forward as a club with him there. JB has been great out there and with Matt Hard in the forward line and Keenan and Edyvean moving in and out of there as well there is no need for McKelvie.

Mate, getting rid of Brendan McKelvie was one of the best decisions Coolamon made, no way was it the worst decision!! they were never moving forward as a club with him there. JB has been great out there and with Matt Hard in the forward line and Keenan and Edyvean moving in and out of there as well there is no need for McKelvie.
Yeah, agreed. And Geelong should get rid of Ablett.

Tim Ruffles a chance to make his afl debut for fremantle this weekend after being named in the squad

Baby-faced Fremantle teenager Tim Ruffles was last night within striking distance of an extraordinary AFL debut against competition trendsetters Geelong after being named in the Dockers 25-man squad for Sunday’s game at Subiaco Oval.

Ruffles, still only 18 and two months on from a severe bout of concussion which left him struggling to recognise his mother, thinking he was 16 and with no memory of being drafted, trained in soaking rain at Subiaco Oval last night with his father watching.

The Dockers have to cut their squad by three players this afternoon and were guarded on Ruffles, who staked a claim for selection by kicking five goals for Perth last week against East Perth.

Originally from the NSW town of Narrandera, Ruffles would become the eighth Fremantle player to make his AFL debut this season if selected.

He was sidelined for three weeks by the concussion from his collision with East Perth’s Curtis Martin in round five. Last weekend the pair collided again but this time Ruffles got up on his way to 16 possessions and a big influence on the game.

Perth coach Andrew Jarman later described him as a “gem”, even if he was still as “raw as hen’s teeth”.

And although the presence of his father does not guarantee him a spot in the team, it is customary for AFL clubs to make sure interstate parents are able to attend their children’s first games.

“Obviously he is in the mix coming off a good game last week, but at this stage he is one of a few on the bench,” football manager Chris Bond said.

I take my hat to the AFL, after looking at the review of the new structure for football in the riverina, i applaude you.

I can see a few teething problems but the stucture is very solid and should work for all clubs.

WELL DONE AFL

I take my hat to the AFL, after looking at the review of the new structure for football in the riverina, i applaude you.

I can see a few teething problems but the stucture is very solid and should work for all clubs.

WELL DONE AFL

tell us more

Tim Ruffles a chance to make his afl debut for fremantle this weekend after being named in the squad

Baby-faced Fremantle teenager Tim Ruffles was last night within striking distance of an extraordinary AFL debut against competition trendsetters Geelong after being named in the Dockers 25-man squad for Sunday’s game at Subiaco Oval.

Ruffles, still only 18 and two months on from a severe bout of concussion which left him struggling to recognise his mother, thinking he was 16 and with no memory of being drafted, trained in soaking rain at Subiaco Oval last night with his father watching.

The Dockers have to cut their squad by three players this afternoon and were guarded on Ruffles, who staked a claim for selection by kicking five goals for Perth last week against East Perth.

Originally from the NSW town of Narrandera, Ruffles would become the eighth Fremantle player to make his AFL debut this season if selected.

He was sidelined for three weeks by the concussion from his collision with East Perth’s Curtis Martin in round five. Last weekend the pair collided again but this time Ruffles got up on his way to 16 possessions and a big influence on the game.

Perth coach Andrew Jarman later described him as a “gem”, even if he was still as “raw as hen’s teeth”.

And although the presence of his father does not guarantee him a spot in the team, it is customary for AFL clubs to make sure interstate parents are able to attend their children’s first games.

“Obviously he is in the mix coming off a good game last week, but at this stage he is one of a few on the bench,” football manager Chris Bond said.

thats amazing stuff tim would still be around 65 kilos wringing wet.

well basically The Rock to the Hume League

City Division
Gullie
Coolamon
Eastern Hawks
Mango
Nth Wagga
Rivcoll
Turvey park
Tiger

Country Division
GGGM
Griffith
Leeton
Marrar
Narrandera
Jets
Temora

After 7 rounds the top 4 teams from each division play in the Riverina Cup
and
the bottom 3 teams in Country and bottom 4 teams in City play in the Farrer Cup

11 rounds will be played and then top 5 in the Riverina and top 4 in the Farrer play in their respective finals

now there is more to it but that is the basic concept and like i said well done to the AFL, cause in my opinion i think it will work

City Division
Gullie
Coolamon
Eastern Hawks
Mango
Nth Wagga
Rivcoll
Turvey park
Tiger

Country Division
GGGM
Griffith
Leeton
Marrar
Narrandera
Jets
Temora

and

11 rounds will be played and then top 5 in the Riverina and top 4 in the Farrer play in their respective finals

now there is more to it but that is the basic concept and like i said well done to the AFL, cause in my opinion i think it will work

So basically the Riverina Cup will be all the RFL clubs now just without north wagga and hawks.. and probably gullie in for griffith

It will be interesting to see the likes of Tigers and Ganmain play Rivcoll and Jets early on in the year. A few blowouts will come

Looks ok on paper with my queries being why Coolamon are not placed in the Country Division with old rivals in GGGM and neighbouring Marrar. That would have been a better fit in my opinion and certainly kept up the local derbies which would generate some great interest as usually occurs.

Also, what about Coleambally? Would it have been a good move to place them in the Country Division to fill the bye and move The Rock to the Hume League to take their place?

Think that the Hume League has got off free and would have thought they should be involved in the changes too with possibly some of the Northern based teams being included in the new structure.

City Division
Gullie
Coolamon
Eastern Hawks
Mango
Nth Wagga
Rivcoll
Turvey park
Tiger

Country Division
GGGM
Griffith
Leeton
Marrar
Narrandera
Jets
Temora

and

I dont like this set up, the farrer league is the competion with problems why the f#ck ruin the rfl which is perfect atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont like this set up, the farrer league is the competion with problems why the f#ck ruin the rfl which is perfect atm.
I agree with you and feel bad for the rfl clubs. Being from the hume league i am very happy with how it has turned out for us. That setup seems a bit strange imo, even if you do win the so called farrer cup, it doesn't make you the best, just better than the worst.

Footy doc if you think that is great then you should rename yourself the footy croc. That is the most pathetic football destroying load of crap I have heard, So what happens with the reserves and under 17s etc etc. It sounds like the Ra Ra concept a few years ago that failed dismally, God help football in the Riverina if our clubs sign of on that. Footy Croc, you wouldnt happened to be involved with EWK or Wagga Juniors by any chance

Could not have thought up a worse set up if I tried to.

Dont like the set up either. I agree that the RFL should be kept similar to what it is why change something that doesn't need changing? Is there a set up like this anywhere else because i have never heard of one if there is. I think the first half of the season is going ro be a waste of time in this set up its going to be the same teams ending up in the same competitions every year. Like I said the RFL is going well at the moment most clubs have been competitive bar maybe north wagga over the last 3 years and the competition has attracted some good players over the years but this will stop if it goes to the proposed competition. I think footy doc must be involved in this descision somewhere along the line:rolleyes:

It's a disgrace that something so historically prestigious could be put in such dire straits. This move would see the fall and fall of senior footy in the area. I hope to god this proposal isn't passed.

Good luck to all the clubs in trying to recruit quality footballers to our new "Disfunctional Football League",

What a terrible idea. I think it will be worse off for some Farrer League clubs like Marrar. They are a club that gets a lot of players from Wagga, most of them to play social footy. Now why would they go play for Marrar when They have to travel every week and get smashed by Ganmain, Leeton and Griffith. And how much of an empty feeling would it be to just miss out on playing in the Riverina Cup and then winning the Farrer Cup, it's like saying you ae the best of the losers. I can't wait to go see Rivcol Vs Wagga, what a cracker of a game that will be!!

Footydoc, you are a goose!!

Good luck to all the clubs in trying to recruit quality footballers to our new "Disfunctional Football League",

your helping already by posting on a public forum. w***er

your helping already by posting on a public forum. w***er

Yeah sorry it will all be my fault that clubs cant recruit into this americanised premier league.:rolleyes:

Anyway welcome to the campaignerry Division Bomber boy:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back