Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only solution to the league problem is to make Joel Elliot president of the league + let that man's wisdom + style carry riverina football through difficult times

I think the Mango boys can put their new league idea to bed because the Farrer boys and a couple of clubs in the RFL have killed any chance of changing NSWAFL mind now. Much to my disgust it looks like we are stuck with the "experiment". My only hope now is that the AFL pump plenty of money into the region because it will need plenty of propping up, and I don't just mean in the administration of the league.

What they need to do now is to follow through with a massive extended campaign to win the battle with other codes in getting kids playing the game. Its obvious that Wagga is their focus with it being a population growth area, but if they are serious about maintaining the country clubs then bigger towns such as Temora, Griffith, Narrandera and Leeton and their surrounding smaller community clubs need a major assistance to fight the battle.

well basically The Rock to the Hume League

City Division
Gullie
Coolamon
Eastern Hawks
Mango
Nth Wagga
Rivcoll
Turvey park
Tiger

Country Division
GGGM
Griffith
Leeton
Marrar
Narrandera
Jets
Temora

After 7 rounds the top 4 teams from each division play in the Riverina Cup
and
the bottom 3 teams in Country and bottom 4 teams in City play in the Farrer Cup

11 rounds will be played and then top 5 in the Riverina and top 4 in the Farrer play in their respective finals

now there is more to it but that is the basic concept and like i said well done to the AFL, cause in my opinion i think it will work
On the basis we're going to get this like it or not, I'd suggest some changes -

- Firstly, how did Marrar end up in country division, but Coolamon (further from Wagga) in the city division? Shouldn't they be swapped? Otherwise the groupings seem reasonable.
- Secondly, only 7 rounds before being expelled to the lesser Farrer cup - that's not enough. Play two rounds in city and country groupings.
- Thirdly, the finals should be all-Riverina, i.e the best of the city and country groups in one finals series.
- Fourthly, still have the lesser Farrer cup competition - but on an all-Riverina basis.
- Fifth, don't forget the need to provide a full set of rounds for the lower finishing clubs on a year to year basis.
- Sixth, it's a pity to lose TRYC. Surely the Hume League is bulging at the seams by now. But the Hume seem happy enough with it, so fair enough.

On the basis we're going to get this like it or not, I'd suggest some changes -

- Firstly, how did Marrar end up in country division, but Coolamon (further from Wagga) in the city division? Shouldn't they be swapped? Otherwise the groupings seem reasonable.
- Secondly, only 7 rounds before being expelled to the lesser Farrer cup - that's not enough. Play two rounds in city and country groupings.
- Thirdly, the finals should be all-Riverina, i.e the best of the city and country groups in one finals series.
- Fourthly, still have the lesser Farrer cup competition - but on an all-Riverina basis.
- Fifth, don't forget the need to provide a full set of rounds for the lower finishing clubs on a year to year basis.
- Sixth, it's a pity to lose TRYC. Surely the Hume League is bulging at the seams by now. But the Hume seem happy enough with it, so fair enough.
Coolamon is in city group because of their juniors beig in Wagga and district. The "country "group clubs all play their juniors in south west (except) Marrar of course. Dont agree with The Rock being let go as Hume dont want them and RFL/Farrer cant affor to lose another team

So I wonder, will Coolamon 'take one for the team' and move to the country division, so that TRYC can be invited into the city division. That would make 8 teams in each division, very convenient.

So sad that Riverina football has lost the Ardlethan vs APM home and away derbies. Because of this new divisional structure, are we now also to lose the grand occasions when it's GGGM vs Coolamon home & away?

Come on Hoppers, you know it makes sense.

So I wonder, will Coolamon 'take one for the team' and move to the country division, so that TRYC can be invited into the city division. That would make 8 teams in each division, very convenient.

So sad that Riverina football has lost the Ardlethan vs APM home and away derbies. Because of this new divisional structure, are we now also to lose the grand occasions when it's GGGM vs Coolamon home & away?

Come on Hoppers, you know it makes sense.
The inclusion of their juniors into the South West would be a great boost to that comp.

Head r u shore Crawf isn't your love child, he carried on nearly as much as u on the weekend. wrestling and shaping up to any near him. no wonder he names u as one of his idol's.

what game are we talking??? after leeton cos it went both ways hard and fair but fun
shore* spelt sure!!
and definatly havent named head anywhere near as one of my idols hes no cousin shane or max rooke

Good to have you back backmanbrother. your foleys and sketch9's have been missing now they are in the big smoke.

Good to see the top 5 very close, should make for a very good finals series, with no one really a clear favourite at this stage, unlike previous years (GGGM).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snippets;

- Well done to Tim Ruffles from Narrandera on his first game with Fremantle this weekend against Adelaide - great stuff!

- Watch out for the return of the famous Whitton Tigers guernsey this weekend with the Leeton Whitton Crows wearing this jumper in the local derby against Griffith. Also a big reunion celebrating the last Whitton premiership against those former league heavyweights in Junee Kapooka!

- What are peoples thoughts about the proposal for the bottom two sides in the RFL to play in the Farrer League in 2010 - what a joke!!

- Narrandera FC have advertised their Senior Coaching Position for 2010 - is Jamie Grintell moving on? Has done a great job and could not meet a better man! Will certainly be big shoes to fill if this is the case.

Snippets;

- Well done to Tim Ruffles from Narrandera on his first game with Fremantle this weekend against Adelaide - great stuff!

- Watch out for the return of the famous Whitton Tigers guernsey this weekend with the Leeton Whitton Crows wearing this jumper in the local derby against Griffith. Also a big reunion celebrating the last Whitton premiership against those former league heavyweights in Junee Kapooka!

- What are peoples thoughts about the proposal for the bottom two sides in the RFL to play in the Farrer League in 2010 - what a joke!!

- Narrandera FC have advertised their Senior Coaching Position for 2010 - is Jamie Grintell moving on? Has done a great job and could not meet a better man! Will certainly be big shoes to fill if this is the case.

The idea of the 2 bottom sides going to farrer sounds a whole lot better than the proposed country and city division proposal, now that is a joke!!
If east wagga and north wagga are happy to move then i see no problem with it because its alot better than the other proposal brought forward. Im glad common sense is prevailing instead of ruining the rfl completly.
Although i have my reservations about the relegation system, it may work or it may not. If it proves not to work id like to just see hawks and saints stay in farrer anyway.
In the ideal world id like to see rfl untouched and left as is but unlikely this will happen.

Two teams up two teams down, not likely. I think this is compromise to get Norths EWK & the Collingullie in favor. If it ever was to be a relegation set up I definately don't believe in two up two down and I dont believe it should be every year. To be fair, incoming teams into the RFL would have to apply and tick all the right boxes e.g. want to play in RFL , be able to prove financial viability, domination in the Farrar over a period of time eg 2-3 years whether it be premiership or runnersup, have strong Reserves, viable 17s and viable junior, and netball structure. Then for the door to open, a RFL "CLUB"(not just 1st grade) would have to be deemed struggling by the governing body, eg struggling to stay competitive, not forfilling their committements through the club, financial problems, or a desire to drop back etc etc.

And the most important thing for it to work will be every clubs responsibility to field three grades in Farrer ?????. That is a big ????

To sum it up I only like it marginally ahead of the AFL's proposal, eg because Leeton would not of played in 6 RFL grand finals last year if the idea had been implement two year ago.

I may be wrong, I may be crazy, but I can't see the "overhaul" doing anyone any good – except rugby league.

The great game will come out of this debacle well and truly in front and reaffirm its place as the premier winter sport in the Riverina.

Old Les really is a massive w***er, isn't he

Old Les really is a massive w***er, isn't he

I can’t believe east wagga footy club are prepared to go back to the Farrer. I know none of the players are interested and are upset. Do we really need to adversely effect a really good country competition for the sake of two whinging minor league clubs? The Farrer league is for blokes who don’t want to train three nights a week or aren’t good enough to play RFL.

Weather Collingullie and The Rock like it or not its those type of blokes that play footy at their clubs and if they move to the RFL those type of blokes are only going to want to play in a minor league anyway, not that I've got anything against that. The answer is just to repair the Farrer league and leave the happy and successful RFL alone! No one wants it changed.

North Wagga and Lockhart should go into the Farrer to make a happy little comp. problem solved. It’s not that hard.

East Wagga must be fuming at this last one?? Surely just because they are having a bad couple of years doesn't mean they should have to play in the minor league. They will lose many players that will want to play in the RFL.

East Wagga must be fuming at this last one?? Surely just because they are having a bad couple of years doesn't mean they should have to play in the minor league. They will lose many players that will want to play in the RFL.

East wagga certantly sent a msg by smashing narranderra yesterday. Watched the game and i think east wagga are only short 3 or 4 good players to be competive with the top sides week in week out in the rfl.

The Eagles were missing a few key posi players.

We where in the same boat, had a few out including the two Adams boys who give us a lot of strength down back and both in our top 5/6 players week in week out.
(and no this is not dchawk, i hacked his account! ;))

The Eagles were missing a few key posi players.

East wagga had there fair share out aswell. I noticed no adams boys, no grieve and none of the aboringinal boys.
Sorry head but no excuses you blokes were completely out played so credit where credit is due to the EWK boys, and im no hawks fan myself.

We where in the same boat, had a few out including the two Adams boys who give us a lot of strength down back and both in our top 5/6 players week in week out.
(and no this is not dchawk, i hacked his account! ;))

Yeah and i just saw Michael Jackson at Glenfield Maccas eating a double quarter pounder...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back