Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers guys, agree nswwelshman that nswafl do seem to come up with some bulls..t decisions, that most of the time make no sence!
Why wouldnt they want you guys to travel 2 or 3 hours to take on a similar standard? hopefully they listen to you guys in the future.

As for the BDAFL we do have some decent players but then the standard really drops off ie 4 out of 10 clubs dominated the rep team.
Eastlakes hopefully for those who want to know the best and goal kickers are up somewhere as our sporting pulse shit itself!!

Since the coast and newcastle became BDAFL we have found it hard to find rep games that are competitive,as Sydney too strong but we destroyed the south coast/north coast etc

Anyway best of luck for yr teams, and comp this year.

Does anyone have any idea what the changes are going to be with the restructure of football in the riverina that are meant to be annouced next week.. whats the whispers going around?

Does anyone have any idea what the changes are going to be with the restructure of football in the riverina that are meant to be annouced next week.. whats the whispers going around?

I've been hearing from everyone that RFL and Farrer will combine to form one 16 team competition. Can't wait to see Ganmaing Vs Rivcoll. I'd rather see them try to improve the Farrer League instead of dropping the standard of the RFL.

I've been hearing from everyone that RFL and Farrer will combine to form one 16 team competition. Can't wait to see Ganmaing Vs Rivcoll. I'd rather see them try to improve the Farrer League instead of dropping the standard of the RFL.

I really hope this wont happen, its not good for the league nor the old farrer league clubs who will get belted week in week out and wont survive. if they were to do this id merge jets and temora, coolamon and marrar and rivcoll and north wagga. I dont like the idea of merging clubs and I think they just need to drop east wagga and north wagga back and have the relugation system each year of top 2 farrer go into rfl and bottom 2 rfl come out.

I really hope this wont happen, its not good for the league nor the old farrer league clubs who will get belted week in week out and wont survive. if they were to do this id merge jets and temora, coolamon and marrar and rivcoll and north wagga. I dont like the idea of merging clubs and I think they just need to drop east wagga and north wagga back and have the relugation system each year of top 2 farrer go into rfl and bottom 2 rfl come out.

Close to the mark, but if anything is to be done, it would pay to keep it simple I say. Its obvious farrar need two teams or it will dispand next year and now that there is Under 17s in that league (hopefully its not a flash in the pan) East wagga and Norths Wagga may warm to the idea of dropping down. But promotion and relegation wont work because teams like the Rock, APM etc wont want to go up if they win a grandfinal, simple as that.

Once a firm structure is in place the playing talent will even out across the Riverina. TRYC and CAK would have retained a lot of departed players if they were in the eastern conference of a Riverina wide league.

The juniors and U17s especially are better off within an eastern conference-western conference league structure, because they won't have to travel so much during the regular season.

You just combine all the top finishing conference teams at finals time.

Amalgamations are inevitable whatever the competition structure. The obvious ones to me are Northern Jets-Temora, and Nth Wagga-Marrar-Rivcoll.

I think Coleambally would possibly want to come into a western conference.

Once a firm structure is in place the playing talent will even out across the Riverina. TRYC and CAK would have retained a lot of departed players if they were in the eastern conference of a Riverina wide league.

The juniors and U17s especially are better off within an eastern conference-western conference league structure, because they won't have to travel so much during the regular season.

You just combine all the top finishing conference teams at finals time.

Amalgamations are inevitable whatever the competition structure. The obvious ones to me are Northern Jets-Temora, and Nth Wagga-Marrar-Rivcoll.

I think Coleambally would possibly want to come into a western conference.

That sounds like something the Federal Labour party would put in place "NFI", I hope your wrong, that scares me talking like that western & eastern conferences:confused:

any1 here heard how the two boys from the gullie are goin up in sydney play for western suburbs(ABSOLUM & CLOUT)..seen 1 game on the main event channel Absolum was good but clout still acts like a tool..

That sounds like something the Federal Labour party would put in place "NFI", I hope your wrong, that scares me talking like that western & eastern conferences:confused:
I've no idea what they have in store for footy in the area, but if you have look aty the **** up that has happened in Victoria ie. the KDFL the Picola and then the decimation of some district leagues eg the Benalla and district it has hurt footy at the grass roots level. District leagues provide a place for the social footballer who wants a kick with his mates and an excuse for a beer. I hope the Farrer continues for that reason.

Will be interesting to see how things turn out with the proposed restructure. Lets hope its not another Montgomery Report - now that was a waste of time from a guy that was supposedly so well regarded!

My thoughts are that both comps will be retained but with some structural changes including movement of existing and clubs from other leagues into probably the Farrer League. Now that the Under 17 structure is in place in the Farrer League I think the competition has a more viable future.

Perhaps there will be additions from the Hume FL too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said the F word a few times at the footy yesterday, after hearing from a little birdy that Grongey might be on the money, I think the battle lines are about to be drawn:mad::confused:

It seems really simple to me. Keep the RFL as it is and put two teams from the Hume League into the Farrer. Ofcourse they would have to entice the Hume League teams some how but it could be done. The Hume League have too many teams, Farrer have not enough and RFL has the perfect amount. Don't fix something that isn't broken!!

It seems really simple to me. Keep the RFL as it is and put two teams from the Hume League into the Farrer. Ofcourse they would have to entice the Hume League teams some how but it could be done. The Hume League have too many teams, Farrer have not enough and RFL has the perfect amount. Don't fix something that isn't broken!!

I am from the hfl and i couldnt be happier with the amount of teams we have. It makes the league more interesting as you are always playing someone new and you dont know what to expect. Our league has never run smoother and i struggle to see why any of our clubs would want to leave to go to the farrar league, in which 2 out of the 6 clubs want to leave??? We have a great junior structure with all teams, football and netball, playing on the same day which creates a great family feel and i know i dont want my team to go to the farrar league.
Of course you want to keep the RFL as it is, that is because your involved in it and happy with how its going and i have no problem with that. But so are we. So the only problem is the farrar league, and unfortunately i think our league will get stuffed around in order to try and fix it. But to think the farrar league used to be a very strong league in the area, the problem should have been fixed before now. The quick fix would be to try and throw 4 of our teams into the FFL but that simply wont work because i can tell you right now, no hume team will like that. The farrar league should operate in the same way the Hume does:
  • 4 football grades (Seniors, Reserves, 17s, 14s) as well as auskick
  • 9 netball grades(A, B, C, C Reserve, Intermediates, Juniors, Mods, Little Mods)
  • All games played on a saturday
If these changes are made the league would be a lot more appealing to HFL teams and could have a successful future, emphasis on the could.

Whats everyones tips on league medal this year? my top 5 are

1. Dane Campbell
2. Ryan Chamberlain
3. Corey Munson
4. Paul scoullar
5. Trent Balding

Think there also could be a few roughies from the lesser teams in Newson, foster and hugo.

I'd say Chamberlain has it wrapped up already. Is N. McDonald a chance again?

Surely Newson can't even get close, he couldn't even get a kick in the "lower standard Farrer League" a couple of years ago.

I'd say Chamberlain has it wrapped up already. Is N. McDonald a chance again?

Surely Newson can't even get close, he couldn't even get a kick in the "lower standard Farrer League" a couple of years ago.

Your right i forgot about Mcdonald hes always going to be a big chance can certantly play, Mick duncan is another one i left out he could easy win too
As for nuse been good times iv seen him play but i was more going off times iv seen his name in best. AS i said the last 3 names were only roughies.

Whats everyones tips on league medal this year? my top 5 are

1. Dane Campbell
2. Ryan Chamberlain
3. Corey Munson
4. Paul scoullar
5. Trent Balding

Think there also could be a few roughies from the lesser teams in Newson, foster and hugo.

Michael Wheatley all the way that man is my hero and I'm thinking his return to Turvey Park will mark another golden era for the club.
Easily most underrated player in the rfl

Here is an article on former narrandera player tim ruffles on his recent game with the perth demons in the wafl from the west australian

Fremantle-listed livewire Tim Ruffles would have experienced a sense of deja vu as he flew for a mark early in the third term against East Perth at EFTel Oval on Saturday.

The 18-year-old Perth forward was matched up on young Royal defender Curtis Martin – the same player that left him severely concussed and in hospital after a sickening collision in round five.

Ruffles woke from that clash thinking he was still 16 and with no memory of the match or that he was living in WA.

With history threatening to repeat itself on Saturday, Ruffles leapt for another mark and clashed heavily with Martin and a second East Perth opponent before the pack crashed to the ground.

This time Ruffles stood up from the contest, going on to kick two goals for the term and five for the game as the Demons romped home to win 15.19 (109) to 8.13 (61).

The recruit from North Ballarat said his one thought had been to get some revenge on the Royals, particularly after missing three weeks of football as a result of the concussion.

“When it’s there, you just go for it,” he said. “That’s another thing that I really look to get into my game. When the ball’s there, just hit it hard. That’s what it’s all about.”

Ruffles’ 16 possessions and seven marks was not all polish with one set shot on goal going out on the full, but there were plenty of highlights to excite Fremantle fans.

Perth coach Andrew Jarman was blunt in his appraisal of Ruffles’ performance.

“He’s a gem of a kid, raw as hen’s teeth but he provides a spark up forward,” Jarman said. “He’s as rough as guts in terms of when he’s got the ball.

“I love his unpredictability and I think it’s really important that we have someone like him.

“He’s 12 months away from playing AFL football, if not hopefully earlier. You put him and (Hayden) Ballantyne up forward, they’re going to be a very dangerous combination for Fremantle.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back