Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope EWK get back in the RFL and Leeton get relegated.They propably should have been kicked out of the comp.10 or so years ago when they were getting beaten by 40 goals every week,with the most ferral supporters in history and ,without question the worst football ground and facilities ive ever seen.Its only lucky timing for them that they were competative at a time when the leagues were changing.

Thats sounds more like the real Pattie we all know not one of his split personalilities

It appears to me if it wasnt for hawks there wouldnt be a thread, how come they are always the talk of the town, surely people have some news about the other clubs.

I'm Hearing Brendan Mckelvie back to wagga to play, apparently wanting to play with his brother somewhere. If im correct im pretty sure his brother plas at rivcoll but cant exactly see him playing there less of course the $$$ really does speak.

Have heard that 2 but also heard that tubba has told the coach he's stayin next year, if i was his brother id be heading out to the cats.

Seems like the farrer is in for a big year next year if some of the player movements are true. have heard chambo and jb from cooli to the rock, as well as hugo. Also heard the northern jets farmers instead of planting wheat this year grow a huge crop of gunja and are cashed up big time!signed wheatley as coach, chasing munson and others. :eek::eek:

Have heard that 2 but also heard that tubba has told the coach he's stayin next year, if i was his brother id be heading out to the cats.

Seems like the farrer is in for a big year next year if some of the player movements are true. have heard chambo and jb from cooli to the rock, as well as hugo. Also heard the northern jets farmers instead of planting wheat this year grow a huge crop of gunja and are cashed up big time!signed wheatley as coach, chasing munson and others. :eek::eek:

Who's the coach out there? last i heard the cats were still lokking for a coach?!!

Story doing the rounds over here that the Red legs have changed their name to the red faces after a certain pres had a phone convo with the "EX" coach, forgot to hang up then walked back into the meeting and bagged the shit out of the "EX" coach. Ex coach then turned up at meeting and invited pres out the front.:eek:. If true, very funny, if not.......Good rumor.:D

Story doing the rounds over here that the Red legs have changed their name to the red faces after a certain pres had a phone convo with the "EX" coach, forgot to hang up then walked back into the meeting and bagged the shit out of the "EX" coach. Ex coach then turned up at meeting and invited pres out the front.:eek:. If true, very funny, if not.......Good rumor.:D

This may sound dumb, but who are the red legs? griffith?

Sorry Putt, forgot my age. Leeton.

Hi Head.. I see that you've said that Damon Burden is coaching next year.. How do you think he will go, a really good player will be a step up for him?? Also do the eagles have any signings to speak of?? What about leeton and griffith any news out that way??

Hi Head.. I see that you've said that Damon Burden is coaching next year.. How do you think he will go, a really good player will be a step up for him?? Also do the eagles have any signings to speak of?? What about leeton and griffith any news out that way??
Giday gg11. The big fella is working very hard and will be a very good leader. Got his body right after a year off and is as keen as. Kane Malone has signed back with the club from Barellan. Still a few to seal the deal with but when they do it'll be on big w***ers.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giday gg11. The big fella is working very hard and will be a very good leader. Got his body right after a year off and is as keen as. Kane Malone has signed back with the club from Barellan. Still a few to seal the deal with but when they do it'll be on big w***ers.;)

Big Kane Malone is back!

:footy:Hawks signed Jackson as Coach for 2 Years. Out & about with Hawks Committee on Friday night.

Heard Daniel Quee to coach North Wagga in 2010. Anyone confirm this? having a kankle operation shortly for badly injured and unstable foot then into coaching gig at 22yrs old. Tough gig out there I would have thought, as I believe they are losing a few. Anyone else with info on this?

Heard Daniel Quee to coach North Wagga in 2010. Anyone confirm this? having a kankle operation shortly for badly injured and unstable foot then into coaching gig at 22yrs old. Tough gig out there I would have thought, as I believe they are losing a few. Anyone else with info on this?

Yeah Quee definitely to coach North Wagga

Fixter signs with Coolamon
BRETT KOHLHAGEN
4/11/2009

ALBURY has lost its sixth player from last year’s all-conquering premiership team with tough midfielder Ben Fixter signing with Coolamon.
Fixter, who is living in the Riverina township after finishing employment on the Border last month, follows the departure of Jay Koehler, Luke Heyme, Jayden Kotzur, Trent Castles and Ed Clark.

He will be coached by former Corowa-Rutherglen player Scott Easdown.

Easdown put pen to paper with Coolamon at the weekend after opting for the Hoppers over fellow Riverina league club Mangoplah-Cookardinia United.

North Albury’s Chris Willis has been appointed assistant coach of MCUE.

Easdown, who played the final five matches of last season with Thurgoona after returning to the region from Dubai, has family ties at Coolamon and takes over from Sam Keenan who recently signed with Yarrawonga.

Meanwhile, Wangaratta Rovers have landed their first recruit of the off-season with former Hawk Justin Hoggan returning to the club after a stint with Ormond.

Hoggan has spent the past two seasons in the Victorian Amateur Football Association’s B section after a year at Northcote Park.

He is expected to play key position with Rovers struggling for height down the spine.

The Hawks have lost Anthony McGuire who looks set to play for Ovens and King club Milawa next season.

Fixter signs with Coolamon
BRETT KOHLHAGEN
4/11/2009

ALBURY has lost its sixth player from last year’s all-conquering premiership team with tough midfielder Ben Fixter signing with Coolamon.
Fixter, who is living in the Riverina township after finishing employment on the Border last month, follows the departure of Jay Koehler, Luke Heyme, Jayden Kotzur, Trent Castles and Ed Clark.

He will be coached by former Corowa-Rutherglen player Scott Easdown.

Easdown put pen to paper with Coolamon at the weekend after opting for the Hoppers over fellow Riverina league club Mangoplah-Cookardinia United.

North Albury’s Chris Willis has been appointed assistant coach of MCUE.

Easdown, who played the final five matches of last season with Thurgoona after returning to the region from Dubai, has family ties at Coolamon and takes over from Sam Keenan who recently signed with Yarrawonga.

Meanwhile, Wangaratta Rovers have landed their first recruit of the off-season with former Hawk Justin Hoggan returning to the club after a stint with Ormond.

Hoggan has spent the past two seasons in the Victorian Amateur Football Association’s B section after a year at Northcote Park.

He is expected to play key position with Rovers struggling for height down the spine.

The Hawks have lost Anthony McGuire who looks set to play for Ovens and King club Milawa next season.

What a midfield Coolamon are going to have next year with the addition of two O & M premiership players in Easdown & Fixter.

Ganmain destroyed Coolamon's midfield (destroyed them everywhere) in the Grand Final, so it will be a much anticipated matchup first up. Coolamon likely to gain the upper hand in the first outing, as Ganmain will save or find all their players for the important part of the season.

Can anyone from Coolamon give details on the impact this will have in keeping their players next year? Will the 2 Mckelvies return?

:footy:Hawks signed Jackson as Coach for 2 Years. Out & about with Hawks Committee on Friday night.

I'll agree with you as well Head.

Hawks boys, will this get Joel Grieve back to playing good football? He's got the talent. He could dominate the Farrer League if fit.

What is Quee's physical condition like? An injury that will restrict his pre-season won't be ideal for the Saints.

Would have thought this signing is a bit premature at 22, especially for a club that is basically new & still developing. NWS, or another Saints rep., do the saints have anyone to help him out on the bench with some experience? Perhaps a Malthouse-Buckley arrangement model, with an experienced senior coach mentoring quee for a few years, would be more ideal.

It's signings like these that separate clubs like North Wagga from the dominant RFL clubs. (I'd be surprised if Tigers sign Matt Suckling as coach straightaway for 2010 if he got delisted this year. Kudos to Matt for being promoted to the Hawthorn senior list also.)

Good luck to Quee though, he'll need it.

Does anyone one know of the movements of Jeremy Rowe next year? Tigers & Mango still without a coach? Coincidence? Rumour?.. or a genuine chance?

Has anyone heard any news from Tigerland? Are they talking to anyone for the coaching position? Will any players go with Jackson? What is the story behing Macdonald leaving and where is he going? All I've heard is he has told the club he wont be there next year.

Has anyone heard any news from Tigerland? Are they talking to anyone for the coaching position? Will any players go with Jackson? What is the story behing Macdonald leaving and where is he going? All I've heard is he has told the club he wont be there next year.

Word is Mcdonald is going to retire. But wouldnt surprise me to see him running around again next year.

Coolamon already looking the goods for next year then with Eastdown, Fixter, maddox, chamberlain, hard, Archibald etc running around in there midfield they are going to take some stopping. If they could get tubba back and keep Jb i dont see anyone even getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back