Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond - 7:25PM Thursday 22nd March @ MCG - Team - post #1352

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that was my bad, i meant to say including from Round 16 till the last JLT game

No you didn't.
Also i said nothing about the blues being a poor side, so not sure why you think i was big noting the tigers, i was, like i said offering a counter view.
And I'm offering a counter to your counter view. In your first post that I quoted you said: "...when our oppo did that we always had a 6-7 goal quarter that got us a win.

I expect similar Thursday night."

My counter view is that while you are rightly the favourite, in-form team and reigning prems, you are also a known factor, as not much will have changed from last year. We are obviously fighting an uphill battle to scrag out a win in this one, but we have more of an unknown factor with new players and a new game plan. Anything can happen on the night.

I just want to see improvement from us as a team across the board.

Like someone said it will take all the planets to align for us to win.

Let them be arrogant they are the champions they deserve to be.

We can't say anything because over the decades we have been absolute crap.

Like they say winners are grinners and the rest can go get ****ed.

There is always huffing and puffing before each Round 1 game but lets face reality.

They are the Premiers (still feels weird and sick saying it) and they are currently the best team in the league

They can afford to be arrogant. They can start thinking dynasty. This is what you get for winning the flag.

I know the day Carlton win the flag, I will put arrogant Tiger fans to shame.

They should win and win comfortably. It will take every planet in the universe to line up for us to beat them.

If we see improvement in play. Evidence of players evolving their game and give us something to cheer about, then I'll be happy.

Agree with you it's plain and simple, hopefully we'll see the signs of much better things to come which you very aptly point out. Go Baggers

doesn't matter if he plays a pre-season game or not....remember Samo ? he didn't play any pre-season games last year and played round 1

How much of the preseason has Lang missed in comparison to Samo last year?

The point is not that he could play, it is whether he should play given the interrupted preparation.

It's round 1, I don't see why we would even contemplate taking a half done player into our opening game, unless it is a Judd, Cripps, Murphy type player. They will blow up somewhere during the game. Unless you have a super talented list, then you play someone who can give you 4 quarters.
If Kerridge is fighting fit, I would throw him in, yeah, he may not be super clean by foot or hand but he can run, tackle and win a ball. I just feel he would provide more than someone with a injury cloud hanging over their head.

There is always huffing and puffing before each Round 1 game but lets face reality.

They are the Premiers (still feels weird and sick saying it) and they are currently the best team in the league

They can afford to be arrogant. They can start thinking dynasty. This is what you get for winning the flag.

They should win and win comfortably. It will take every planet in the universe to line up for us to beat them.

If we see improvement in play. Evidence of players evolving their game and give us something to cheer about, then I'll be happy.
Just cause your premiers doesn’t mean your the best in the league.Doggies were the best team in September but not necessarily the best in the league.Granted they should win but we’ll be in it for a long way.

How much of the preseason has Lang missed in comparison to Samo last year?

The point is not that he could play, it is whether he should play given the interrupted preparation.
The duration thus far has largely been identical, except Lang has been back running a lot longer (though his was an ankle concern versus SPS' quad strain).

The only difference is that SPS played an intraclub to prove his fitness, while Lang missed the corresponding fixture last week. That being said, he's a senior player in AFL terms, and may provide more off the bench than other selection options.

I think it's a risk worth taking if the leg is sound.

Fair point and what makes it all interesting is that Carlton is (again) a new line-up with new inclusions - and It took every planet in the universe to line up for them to beat GWS and Adelaide for flag.

the game will test the improvement in the kids following another pre-season as well as measure the value of adding Kennedy/Dow to the midfield versus losing Gibbs. Cripps and Ed will back in ( missing in round 2 game). I think their clear midfield advantage last year - should be reduced significantly this year if nothing else.

can't see a blow out loss happening at all.

Don’t be discouraged our radical mob, I enjoy friendly opposition supporters. Also a lot of intellects that fall in love with their own creations so conversation is hard. But there’s some funny cats around here, lovely people and a few chap that are fantastic at banter so stick around, grab a membership and carry on

This is not a Banter thread.

Did you miss this post by any chance FYB!

Pick one post ive done that please. I freely admit i have bumped heads with some ferals on here, all teams have them but i have never posted someting here then ran to my board to gloat.

I freely admit i may of read the odd comment on here and mentioned that like last years match when we apparently where going to get smashed but most do that, proof of that is even in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems a bit hypocritical considering ferals is synonymous with Richmond on our board.

Not hypocritical at all FYB.

All Team Boards have rules as does the entire site.

Ours are here :-

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/carlton-board-rules-posting-quality-policy.313052/

As for 'ferals' being synonymous with Richmond on our Board, Carltank, Carlol, tankers, salary cap cheats and so on is synonymous on other Team Boards with their respective posters.

We have a Banter thread to keep all the trolling/banter out of our threads.

Our Board our rules!

Just cause your premiers doesn’t mean your the best in the league.Doggies were the best team in September but not necessarily the best in the league.Granted they should win but we’ll be in it for a long way.
Listening to David King ect this morning and other times it's the same stuff exactly that was said about the dogs. Same list so much improvement in the list ect can't see them dropping off. Granted the Tigers look good but they are just as likely as the dogs were to drop off imo.

I hope so Ben .. looking for a gutsy game with occasional injections of flair.

My fear is ONE quarter will do it ... ie we will drop the ball and they will turn on a 6-8 term and that will be that.

That seems a bit hypocritical considering ferals is synonymous with Richmond on our board.

Nope. Our board. Equal rights don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back