Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thurs March 18th 7.25pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out you were wrong.
No AFL debut. Not even any emergency has not made his debut already.
The only debuts for Carlton are Saad and Fogarty.
Do not trust your mate again.
I won't trust you either.. ha ha.
The good news is Harry McKay is not out.
The bad news is the silly AFL brought in a new medical rule that might encourage a club like Carlton to take a risk playing McKay when they might not have if there no medical sub.
If he gets injured more and lose him for weeks, I will need a lot of Snickers...

Shame he/she can’t reply. :laughv1:

This is a solid & competitive side.
If we are good enough, and we are good enough, why can't we win?

I'm bloody excited!!!

There are so many things to watch out for.

Just off the top of my head:
  1. Game plan, fitness, dash and run
  2. Dow - will he step up after a full pre-season
  3. Doch - he's getting plenty of the ball, just need better kicking
  4. Williamson - show us your full potential
  5. Crippa - back to his bullocking ways?
  6. Saad - welcome some dash out of backlines
  7. Forgaty - welcome, let's see what you can do
  8. Harry - be that monster forward!
  9. Setters - windows1 nominated you - so you better perform :p
  10. Fisher - definitely my favourite Blues now - he's the definition of Excitement for me with his dash and evasiveness
Pretty safe and predictable side that should do well.
Very disapointed bout Gov not coming up

He will be so important to us going forward with new games style we gonna see .

Would also love to have seen a punt on parks but plenty time.
Go BLUE BOYS

Stamos not sure who you had instead of gibbons? LOB is in for Martin so appears gibbons was going to be picked regardless.

There will always be a number of whipping boys, Gibbons and Newnes will always be ours in some people's eyes no matter what happens.

Footy will sort it out

Another club will play Cuningham in the guts and get the most out of him. Too good to be playing 2s IMO.
Flash in the pan player, until he builds consistency into his game he'll never be safe in our best 22. He can do things most players can't and has all the right attributes, just doesn't get the footy enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw several pressers/media where Teague made mention of playing 4 quarters being essential to getting the job done.
Maybe we're favouring footballers, even slightly less skilled ones, who will give us that over players who have a nice highlights real but can go missing for large parts of games.

If that's our go this year, I'd love to be a fly on the wall at selection meetings when McGov is available again.

Cuningham missing isn't a great surprise after losing Williams and Martin. If he suited as an emergency, he'd be starting.

Flash in the pan player, until he builds consistency into his game he'll never be safe in our best 22. He can do things most players can't and has all the right attributes, just doesn't get the footy enough.

He’s a midfielder. We won’t get the best out of him as a forward. Thought this game was the perfect opportunity for him to show his qualities but obviously not.

Might be injured anyway.

Them ...

B: D. Astbury 12 D. Grimes 2 N. Balta 21
HB: L. Baker 7 N. Vlastuin 1 J. Short 15
C: D. Prestia 3 T. Cotchin – C 9 K. Lambert 23
HF: J. Aarts 16 S. Bolton 29 J. Castagna 11
F: T. Lynch 19 D. Martin 4 J. Riewoldt 8
Foll: T. Nankervis 25 K. McIntosh 33 J. Caddy 22
I/C: D. Rioli 17 N. Broad 35 J. Graham 34 S. Edwards 10

Emerg: M. Pickett 50 W. Martyn 36 J. Ross 5 M. Chol 41
Yikes

If any of SOJ, LoB, Dow, Fog, step up and perform well and beat their opposition number for 4 quarters it will be a big win for the Club. These are midfield rotations we need to be able to count on - and SOJ needs to perform as a third tall.

I'm approaching this game as a massive test for the players above, if they do well as a group we will b right in the game for 4 quarterts - if they dont - the replacements name themselves for next week anyway.

Looking forward to teh game for lots of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back