Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 14th March 7.30PM @ MCG - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ....

Only 1 change!

IN: Durdin

OUT: Doc :'(

EMG: Moir, Binns, Pittonet

Team.jpg

Last edited:
First time I'm going to miss being at the ground for round 1 since I can remember
Interstate work trip. Have to take a client out for dinner that night.

Two options. Change to somewhere that will be showing the footy. Or turn my phone off and watch on replay on kayo when I get back to the hotel. Decisions decisions

Dinner at the MCG…

It’s a moot point for this week anyway (because they will both play). But while I love Cottrell (a heart and soul player), I would need a lot of convincing to pick him in front of Hollands.
Absolutely. Cotterell has the tank but not the ability to be as dangerous going forward as EH. Cotterell will need to fight his way back in with Kennedy Hewett Cuningham and probably Carroll.

Hold on… I thought I was talking about Cottrell vs OH! My three kids have all been unwell over the last week. I am going to blame it on too many carer’s leave days!!!
keep doing your great job! toughest gig in the world :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Watched the GC vs Rich game and the huge problem Rich has is there defence, Broad, valustin, grimes, short, rioli and gibcus. Continually out marked/positioned.
Yze refused to put Balta back to chop gibcus out. Lunacy. Lynch coming back would make this possible but not enough to prevent H or C dominating.
Nank returning will not hurt us as TDK will jump all over him.
Quite confident in our defence blanketing Koschitzke and Lynch, while Boyd Williams and Saad will be too much for their smalls.
Can’t wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d debate it
Both had 14 possessions and covered 15km
Cottrell had 0 tackles
Hollands had EIGHT tackles
Both had 3 inside 50s
Cottrell 2 Clangers. Hollands 3

Player ratings
Hollands -63
Cottrell - 49

This doesn’t count the number of times Hollands got back to block holes and help the defence.

Close but I give it to Hollands. I rate defence and tackling highly but that’s just me
look at their opponents effectiveness too. Holland's was awesome

Ollie won't hold his spot if he plays like that again. Cotters would then play wing. Not having a go at Ollie but competition for spots will be fierce.

Setterfield lasted almost a whole season playing senior footy on the wing with no effect - reckon Ollie will bounce back pretty quickly.

Pre season form was good and had a quiet opening round. He’ll be right.

Long term - when he’s 23-24yo reckon he’ll be considered the best winger in the game.

Ollie won't hold his spot if he plays like that again. Cotters would then play wing. Not having a go at Ollie but competition for spots will be fierce.
Thought Ollie was fumbly. But his defensive efforts were amongst the best in the team. His offensive game will get going, but when it wasn't, he was as strong as ive ever seen him defensively

Cotts and Ollie will have to continue to show their value to the team as will everyone else. Which is absolutely terrific for the good of the club.

As for who plays against the tiggies? Is mots a few weeks away still? Turf toe can take along time to settle and is notoriously hard to play with.

I think we won’t see any new faces for this one other than maybe little durds as the sub with Carroll taking a place in the 22.

After the bye I hope to see Marchy, Martin, Walsh, Weiters and Mots all making their way back to the team.

Geez that’s going to create some selection headaches!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

OUT: Docherty (inj)
IN: Carroll, Binns (sub)

Carroll earned a full game.

Owies on notice. Motts straight swap when fit. Probably not this week.

I don't see Pitto getting back in.

This should be it (hopefully, barring no further injuries to be released)
Keep the team settled until those on the injury list come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back