Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 17th March 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #851

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on the rest of the 22 selected...Tigers will attack us and inflict,last year we went with them for 3 quarters and they knocked the wind out of the team for the next few rounds,they are strong and same thing could happen...Heavy clash would be likely,like idea of guys such as Ed,Newnes who can weather a storm and come out blasting wind final quarter ....maybe this round not ideal to blood or test projects...could be quite intense !!:thumbsu:
You still going on about how we should play Newnes ahead of O’Brien?

Who gives a f*** if there’s an older/more experienced/bigger option, they’ll pick what they think is the best team. At the moment, going off the preseason selections, it looks like Ed, Plow and Newnes are all a fair bit down the pecking order, Newnes especially as he got demoted in the 2nd game.

I don’t get the sentiment. The same logic would imply that if Eddie was still on the list we should play him ahead of Durdin.

Wow he really made it to rd 1, what a comeback, what a guy.

Team talk though...assuming he plays defence:
Weitering, Omac, Gov, Doc, Saad & Williams would appear to be locks. If we go with 7, based on pre-season it's definitely Newman.

Not expecting too much from Doc though, despite him racking up 38 disposals in his practice match.
Not to be a downer, but I remember when he was playing last year we were lamenting that he was dropping marks and leaking goals...just hoping he gets through the game ok and some confidence back!

💙 Doc 💙

carlton fc celebration GIF by Carlton Football Club

Doc in, have to trust the new regime that he's 100% right to go, and offers more than the depth options behind him. Probably a straight swap for Boyd from the praccy game team.

Newman, Weitering, OMac
Williams, Gov, Saad
Setters, Cerra, LoB
Pittonet, Cripps, Hewett
Durdin, Curnow, Kennedy
Owies, McKay, JSOS
I/C: TDK, Fisher, Doc, Martin
EMG: Plowman, Kemp (sub), Boyd, Young

Something like that?

This is exactly what I think they’ll go with.

Doc to a wing for Setters and Kemp/Boyd as that 7th defender potentially the only alteration.

As strong a side as I can remember going into round 1. A shame Walsh will miss but something to look forward too.

Champion in every sense. What other motivation do you need? The man has been knocked Over seriously 4 times and each time he has been inspirationally valiant and professional in his recovery.

To then come back so quickly... Just inspirational.

What must his teammates feel running out next to him? It must lift the players even more, not that it seemed they needed it.

How bloody fitting would beating the Tigers be?

This is exactly what I think they’ll go with.

Doc to a wing for Setters and Kemp/Boyd as that 7th defender potentially the only alteration.

As strong a side as I can remember going into round 1. A shame Walsh will miss but something to look forward too.
I previously had Martin playing, however thinking about it, if he is competing with Kemp for that half foward role, then Kemp wins that battle from what we've seen pre-season.

Kemp played first game, rested 2nd and played really well

Martin rested first and played 2nd and didn't do much.

Hence, I feel it will be Kemp in and Martin Sub

Weitering, Omac, Gov, Doc, Saad & Williams would appear to be locks. If we go with 7, based on pre-season it's definitely Newman.

Not expecting too much from Doc though, despite him racking up 38 disposals in his practice match.
Not to be a downer, but I remember when he was playing last year we were lamenting that he was dropping marks and leaking goals...just hoping he gets through the game ok and some confidence back!

Yeah, I hope he's just solid all round and does his usual thing with minimal errors. Huge effort to make the squad for round 1. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I previously had Martin playing, however thinking about it, if he is competing with Kemp for that half foward role, then Kemp wins that battle from what we've seen pre-season.

We certainly have plenty of options. It may come down to match ups or the weather.

No excuses this time around.

Doc!!!

He’ll play wing. Has the fitness and smarts to hurt them. Doesn’t need the pressure and accountability of a defender. Let him run free baby!!

Saad and Williams are locks as our HBF’rs. Boyd/Plowman/Newman as our lockdown small defender.

Setters to come out.

Kemp medi-sub (perfect utility).

3. More. Sleeps..

Different players, but I agree
Martin can go back and earn his right to play through performance in the reserves, for the first time in his career. Needs that reality check, hopefully it sparks him

The guy had cancer.... And it showed up again in scans .as we all know//// I can understand him not feeling great given what was happening with his body.... I think doc's allowed to drop a few marks and fumble bit ...given what he's been through.... He gets to start again and put his football career right back on track.. credit to the man that he is even out there..... What is sensational mindset.... Every player and every supporter should be inspired and hopefully it rubs off on the team and we persist, demonstrate that sort of resilience, never give up and win

Martin can go back and earn his right to play through performance in the reserves, for the first time in his career. Needs that reality check, hopefully it sparks him
I think we need the pace and match winning ability of Martin and he just need the ball to bounce right way and you'll find the confidence necessary 2 Kickstart his season/// I thought he lost his opponent many times last week and the ball just didn't bounce the right side of the Pack but he had made beautiful position front & Square.> Jack Martin kicked four goals in one quarter against Richmond and A repeat performance maybe right round the corner

“for the first time in his career” except he had some time in the twos at the Suns, multiple times…

Champion in every sense. What other motivation do you need? The man has been knocked Over seriously 4 times and each time he has been inspirationally valiant and professional in his recovery.

To then come back so quickly... Just inspirational.

What must his teammates feel running out next to him? It must lift the players even more, not that it seemed they needed it.

How bloody fitting would beating the Tigers be?
This. You read my mind word for word 👍

I think we need the pace and match winning ability of Martin and he just need the ball to bounce right way and you'll find the confidence necessary 2 Kickstart his season/// I thought he lost his opponent many times last week and the ball just didn't bounce the right side of the Pack but he had made beautiful position front & Square.> Jack Martin kicked four goals in one quarter against Richmond and A repeat performance maybe right round the corner
How much more currency does he get for that game 2 years ago?? Need to see some more uncompromising approach from this player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back