Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thursday 19th March 7.40pm (EST) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it gets shut down in r2 for several weeks or longer then i agree it will be seen as a risk that was not worth taking. we don't know whats happening. it may stop after r1 or it may continue and then a 1 month break and then restart.
I meant what I said. It is worth just playing 1 game if shit goes south so doc can get back out there.

Me being a sarcastic prick most of time, nobody takes me serious when I want to be

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

well we said we would get flogged plenty of times last year when teague took over when we had plenty of players missing and we still won some and we were ok in most other games. I think we will go alright.
Yep I think it’s a good side that will take it right up to the Tigers, it’s about team not individuals under Teague and those boys playing together can get the job done as we saw plenty of times last year, our midfield wins hands down imo and our backs will hold up, I think we have enough talent down forward to kick enough goals if we play it smart and to our strengths, we still have CAS, McG, JSOS and Martin who can all mark the ball, Jack will play our lead up to the wings forward role along with Martin as they did in Marsh 2 with CAS and McGov inside 50 to mark or bring it to ground for the smalls and mids to swoop and goal.

The AFL are a complete joke. If its good enough for other comps around the world to postpone, then its good enough for the AFL. Gil has gotten this completely wrong.
Want me to give you a match report as I assume with your stance that you won't watch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a very passionate supporter but I'm not biased and unrealistic. Don't get me wrong I would love us to win but I just don't see us scoring a high enough to beat them and Jones and weitering will do there job but will be let down by our small defenders and there small forward will kick all the goals

So which one is it, that we won't win or we will get flogged?

Can be the same outcome, or different

Personally I don't believe we will get flogged

Still think it will be a 2 goal game

Yep I think it’s a good side that will take it right up to the Tigers, it’s about team not individuals under Teague and those boys playing together can get the job done as we saw plenty of times last year, our midfield wins hands down imo and our backs will hold up, I think we have enough talent down forward to kick enough goals if we play it smart and to our strengths, we still have CAS, McG, JSOS and Martin who can all mark the ball, Jack will play our lead up to the wings forward role along with Martin as they did in Marsh 2 with CAS and McGov inside 50 to mark or bring it to ground for the smalls and mids to swoop and goal.

I think if jsos is our main target between the 50s we are in trouble controlling the ball enough to get ii into our forward line enough to win.

baseless? look at our forwardline, be lucky to kick more then 8-10 goals.
We are missing Harry who wasn’t exactly kicking bags of goals late last year and Kennedy who is replaced by Martin other than that it’s the same forward line that won 6 games late last year, so there is no need for the negativity about our forward structure.

I’m kinda scared to see the game, the crowd makes the game, to me it feels like we are the guinea pigs....
Might be cool to actually here the talk between the players but I’m not sold on playing without the crowd. Will be interesting to see how momentum swings (or doesn’t) without the roaring masses
The women’s football was fantastic last week I didn’t even notice the lack of a crowd, no concerns.

Want me to give you a match report as I assume with your stance that you won't watch?

My priorities lie elsewhere at this time. Football is running along way behind the health and well being of my family and friends.

But sure, be a smart arse if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back