Preview Rnd 11 Carlton v Brisbane - Sat May 31 4.40PM @ The Gabba - Team post #370

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow will be the first game I haven't watched live ( tv or at ground) since 2010 :eek:
I am therefore expecting Menz to kick 6, Lachie kick 6, Doc get 3 votes and Simmo take a screamer.

Tomorrow will be the first game I haven't watched live ( tv or at ground) since 2010 :eek:
I am therefore expecting Menz to kick 6, Lachie kick 6, Doc get 3 votes and Simmo take a screamer.

That better happen or I'm holding you personally responsible! :p
I'm nervous, but only because it's a game that we win easily on paper...and we all know how that tends to turn out for us :(

That better happen or I'm holding you personally responsible! :p
I'm nervous, but only because it's a game that we win easily on paper...and we all know how that tends to turn out for us :(
You'll be happy to know the last game I missed was when we smashed Richmond the second time in 2010.

Cat fight.
There are bad decisions and then there are game killers and that deliberate out of bounds was total BS. I couldn't agree more about decisions going both ways but there comes a time when the whistle needs to go away and late in the game no way that should of been a free. I watch every game every week and id really like to see the deliberate OUT OF BOUNDS not paid as much. They need to crack down on the HOLDING THE BALL and INCORRECT DISPOSAL.

Very surprised that Johnson is the emergency that has flown up.

I smell a late change!

always take an emergency.

essendon didn't take enough and had to play Goddard who got injured in the warm up because Howlett got sick the morning they played Freo in WA.

We do the same when we play in Vic - 1 emergency always doesn't play VFL.

Wikipedia is your friend. I've got better things to do.

Maybe you just don't know.............It's O.K.

Marrying up player to club is a role of the recruiter also.
Having lost 5 players last year alone, tells me that the right matches weren't taken.

Anyway, I know what Shane Rogers is doing but I don't know what Brisbanes recruiter is doing.
Having higher picks alone doesn't make you the better recruiter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell us about our list please AdsGoNads
For you to know Brisbanes to be better than ours you must have a very good understanding of our list.................so do tell.

There are so many Terry Wallaces about these days. It's scary.
So its an opinion then. rightio
Bootsma is not an opinion.

In 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, the next player Brisbane selected after our first has ended up a better player.

2009, the year I left out, we picked up Kane Lucas and there was over 10 picks until Brisbanes next selection where they picked a dud. Kane Lucas is not a big win.

Our recruiting has been horrible over the years. I'm happy to say that's it seems to have been better since Hughes lost the top job so hopefully this trend won't continue but theres not denying the fact with bully boy crap.

"Prove it! Prove it!" Seriously guys?:rolleyes: We know we suck at recruiting.

In 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, the next player Brisbane selected after our first has ended up a better player.

2009, the year I left out, we picked up Kane Lucas and there was over 10 picks until Brisbanes next selection where they picked a dud. Kane Lucas is not a big win.

Our recruiting has been horrible over the years. I'm happy to say that's it seems to have been better since Hughes lost the top job so hopefully this trend won't continue but theres not denying the fact with bully boy crap.

gandaal, Rogers didn't select Bootsma.

If we're talking about the past we may as well be talking about Ratten and not Malthouse as our coach.

You said: Brisbane have better recruiters.

As for our Port Adelaide mate, he's stating as fact that Brisbane have better kids than Carlton (and they may well have) but you'd want to back up such a statement.
Overall, I wouldn't call Brisbanes recruiting a resounding success on face value...........on face value only.

gandaal, Rogers didn't select Bootsma.

If we're talking about the past we may as well be talking about Ratten and not Malthouse as our coach.

You said: Brisbane have better recruiters.
True I did say have.

Carlton is Carlton though. In recent history our recruitment has been rubbish and Bootsma is recent. Time will tell if that has changed. Menzel alone won't prove that.

True I did say have.

Carlton is Carlton though. In recent history our recruitment has been rubbish and Bootsma is recent. Time will tell if that has changed. Menzel alone won't prove that.

Exactly. It's only the net result that matters even though there are at times accentuating circumstances.

Lots of things went wrong previously and it wouldn't surprise me had have Bootsma been taken by Fremantle, that he may well be playing in their back-line now.

Just want to say that I'm not defending the Port supporter. I seriously doubt Brisbane have a better core of young players.

I know mate. Some are just quick to jump onto what media spew forth.

Seems that the more young players one has the better their list is. Does it really work that way?
Have St.Kilda got the better kids because they have no choice but to play them?
Things change quickly in just the one year let alone two or three.

Bo3mc3xIgAAKOgt.jpg

Can someone explain Casboult to me? .................:eek:
826121-levi-casboult.jpg
...From this to....................that..

Reckon Blaine can't believe his luck.

Brisbane have better recruiters, that's a fact. Two of our best young players are Hendo and Doc.

They just can't keep there players because they're a **** club.

:rolleyes:

Tell us the one about Yarran being a bottom fifty player in the AFL...

You're one of those Mathieson type intellects who thinks Lucas, Watson, Yarran, Bootsma and Kreuzer weren't first round or top 25 picks in their drafts.

How sad for you.

:rolleyes:

Tell us the one about Yarran being a bottom fifty player in the AFL...
You're one of those Mathieson type intellects who thinks Lucas, Watson, Yarran, Bootsma and Kreuzer weren't first round or top 25 picks in their drafts.
How sad for you.

Whoa.............Those steel capped boots are on already this morning.

We get shown up quite a bit for having selected Bootsma but has anyone really bothered to have a good look at the 2011 draft?
There may well be better performed players after Bootsma but it really looks thin on talent.

If Rowe and Buckely do become regulars, I'd suggest that we did very well from that lot but most will remember Bootsma.
Bootsma has talent and plenty of it................there are other elements missing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back