Preview Rnd 11 Carlton v Brisbane - Sat May 31 4.40PM @ The Gabba - Team post #370

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa.............Those steel capped boots are on already this morning.

We get shown up quite a bit for having selected Bootsma but has anyone really bothered to have a good look at the 2011 draft?
There may well be better performed players after Bootsma but it really looks thin on talent.

If Rowe and Buckely do become regulars, I'd suggest that we did very well from that lot but most will remember Bootsma.
Bootsma has talent and plenty of it................there are other elements missing though.
Even Temay is being belted.

Tim Membrey will be the next poster child for the hard boiled critics who like to pot recruiters.

Even Temay is being belted.

Tim Membrey will be the next poster child for the hard boiled critics who like to pot recruiters.

Recruitment........Development.......Opportunity. It has to work on all three levels.

Concern I have for Temay is that he's playing away from what he knows right now.
We know it can be a graveyard for players that don't take to their new given roles.

always take an emergency.

essendon didn't take enough and had to play Goddard who got injured in the warm up because Howlett got sick the morning they played Freo in WA.

We do the same when we play in Vic - 1 emergency always doesn't play VFL.

I realise they always take an emergency - my point is why Johnson and not Graham or Cachia?

Just have a feeling he is there to play a particular role!

really nervous about todays game sooooo excited though. UNITED TODAY LADS!

Why are so many nervous about today. Brisbane have been crap this year and over the past 6 weeks we have been building. Many underdone players now have the match fitness and we are not missing too many now. I honestly think we will win easily today and that is not disrespecting the opposition. Purely just stating facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are so many nervous about today. Brisbane have been crap this year and over the past 6 weeks we have been building. Many underdone players now have the match fitness and we are not missing too many now. I honestly think we will win easily today and that is not disrespecting the opposition. Purely just stating facts.
Could've said the same before Melbourne game.

Could've said the same before Melbourne game.

But at the time of the Melbourne game we were not in form and most of the underdone players were still underdone given the time of the season. Have faith.

I realise they always take an emergency - my point is why Johnson and not Graham or Cachia?

Just have a feeling he is there to play a particular role!
They may have taken Johnson for the experience of travelling with the seniors for an interstate game. A good opportunity for the kid to get used to the routine/preparation leading up to an interstate game so that if he does get selected at a later stage, there is one less thing for him to get nervous about.

But at the time of the Melbourne game we were not in form and most of the underdone players were still underdone given the time of the season. Have faith.
There will be a number of sore players playing for us today.

I just can't trust the team to turn up.

They may have taken Johnson for the experience of travelling with the seniors for an interstate game. A good opportunity for the kid to get used to the routine/preparation leading up to an interstate game so that if he does get selected at a later stage, there is one less thing for him to get nervous about.
And there's no VFL so there's no harm taking him. He's not missing anything.

I am nervous every game - because we are capable of losing to anyone ( eg Melbourne) anytime and anywhere. Nothing has changed for Carlton - Malthouse hasn't really delivered anything better than Ratten - until the side convincingly beats a Hawthorn/Sydney/Geelong/Fremantle then it is all the same same same..and every week is a lottery..

We are all used to it ;)

I am nervous every game - because we are capable of losing to anyone ( eg Melbourne) anytime and anywhere. Nothing has changed for Carlton - Malthouse hasn't really delivered anything better than Ratten - until the side convincingly beats a Hawthorn/Sydney/Geelong/Fremantle then it is all the same same same..and every week is a lottery..

We are all used to it ;)

Come one JaB, take it one week at a time. A comfortable 10 goal win today and then your wish will come true over the next 2 Friday nights! With TL15, the glass is always half full!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back