Game Day Rnd 12 - Carlton v St Kilda Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
White and Walker in forward line is giving us nothing. We cant block them into their half...means structures arent able to be put in place and they are playing manic footie - do they tire? Do we lift?

Gibbs Everitrt are they actually playing? Where is our midfield and how do they get numbers to every contest and space with no markers?

Worst half in many weeks - lets see what we can do in second half - but White and Walker with a resting Gorringe in forward line...no way is that a defensive possibility up front - exposes whole set up and game plan.

Seems like a selection mistake picking White to play forward...i guess we were trying to stretch them at the back with some of their key backs out injured.

Positive is gibbs and cripps have been awful. A big half from those two could get us over the line. Also don't recall an opponent of curnow having so much space

A bitter reality check folks, trying not to be too negative, but surely we should stop any talk of finals if the formline continues for the rest of the game.

Umpires have also been bad, haven't paid holding the ball (against either team) all game

i cant take your comments seriously with that picture of shorten looking at me. politics and sport should never mix. just depresses me

We seem to be kicking backwards more than usual this week. Simmo was steaming through the centre then turned around and kicked it back to Weiters.

Take the game on! Still confident we can turn it around with some decent aggressive work.
I think that particular case was warranted, but I agree in general. We seemed too ready to kick backwards for no tangible gain.

White and Walker in forward line is giving us nothing. We cant block them into their half...means structures arent able to be put in place and they are playing manic footie - do they tire? Do we lift?

Gibbs Everitrt are they actually playing? Where is our midfield and how do they get numbers to every contest and space with no markers?

Worst half in many weeks - lets see what we can do in second half - but White and Walker with a resting Gorringe in forward line...no way is that a defensive possibility up front - exposes whole set up and game plan.
We have obvious weaknesses on each line. With inconsistrency of some players not much we can do about this in short term. I'm looking forward to another year of strong recruiting by SOS and co. This time next year could well be a good one for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to be kicking backwards more than usual this week. Simmo was steaming through the centre then turned around and kicked it back to Weiters.

Take the game on! Still confident we can turn it around with some decent aggressive work.
Yes. We're not running as hard today so not creating space like we have been.

Credit to Saints for closing down the space that we are making.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seems like a selection mistake picking White to play forward...i guess we were trying to stretch them at the back with some of their key backs out injured.

Got me totally bemused our forward line set up - it is totally dysfunctional in every way....allows for easy run out of defensive fifty and also loose players for them -who is on Stephen FFS!! or Montagna?

talk about a reality check - we are being out coached BIG TIME.

Positive is gibbs and cripps have been awful. A big half from those two could get us over the line. Also don't recall an opponent of curnow having so much space
Or maybe they went small intentionally to exploit gibbs and cripps lack of pace.

Too many players are coasting and not accountable. This mob has no heart and will crumble if everyone lifts. Hopefully they follow Lambs example and start tackling with intent.

Does anyone else think the players have been drinking their own bathwater/buying into their own media hype ? Disturbing signs in the first 10 minutes, it seemed like they expected St Kilda to be pushovers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back