VFL Rnd 13 - Carlton v Southport Sharks Sat June 26 12.05pm @ Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he is not close to getting a game in the firsts. :(
Just managed minutes. Probably injected into the second half when the pace had come off a bit. Would obviously need a few more weeks of building up match fitness before he'd be considered for promotion not that there are any spots currently available.

Just managed minutes. Probably injected into the second half when the pace had come off a bit. Would obviously need a few more weeks of building up match fitness before he'd be considered for promotion not that there are any spots currently available.
Well that sounds a lot like not close to getting a game in the firsts. ;)

I agree there doesnt seem to be any spots currently available.

No. Partly because he was on for a half and partly because he still doesn’t impose himself enough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Held out for a half, 10 disposals 2nd half, got involved in a goal or 2. That's a pretty good starting point. No need to rush him into the 1s yet of course. Just build him slowly like Motlop.

I can see players like Cunners, Marchbank, Pittonet, Motlop & Martin only being required after sustained good performances or repeat games (Martin) in the VFL or if injuries occur to players in their respective roles at AFL level.

It’s a strong position to be in atm.

Martin is the easiest decision on those mentioned, he doesn’t necessarily need to be beating the door down but does need continuity of match sim or be able to string together consecutive games at the lower level.

Great 1st half but they faded in the last. It's always gonna be hard when you're playing against a team of men who's sole purpose is to win the game - up against a team with a handful of senior players with some that you're managing, and a bunch of kids and development players.

Thought Billy was excellent in the 1st half before going off - his body still needs time to mature, but really steady across the half back. I also didn't mind Moir's game - he's slowly building, and not afraid to get his hands dirty although he's not getting enough ball right now. So dangerous around goal though.

Still wasn't that impressed with Mot's game - needs to work his arse off for the full 120 minutes, where some of his efforts especially in the 2nd half weren't up to scratch imo. I'd love to see him pushing really really hard to stake his claim back at senior level...could be a genuine weapon in the front half if he can recapture that late 2023 form.

I liked Cooper's first game in the navy....works really hard inside and out, reminds me a bit of George the way he goes about it. His running patterns need a bit of fixing up where sometimes he gets himself into no man's land - but nothing that the coaching staff can't easily fix....which kind of helps when your senior and reserves/development coaches are two of the best midfielders from the past 20 odd years, and your captain is a brownlow medallist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moir has so much talent u can see it. Just hope it can click for him
I am becoming increasingly confident of Moir, Lemmey and Wilson taking the necessary steps.

Thinking there is a massive development component to our seconds preparation. Monahan will push for games late next year, even Mirkov is making a late push to stay on the list with more impact around the ground.

Moir is being asked to work up the ground. As a multi pronged effort to improve his tank, his confidence, his game awareness, the need to contribute to a full ground defence. The kid is just more talented than most and can hold a spot with his highlight reel around the big sticks. We are making him a complete player, then he will have the understanding and want to contribute defensively to complement his attacking skills. It is a discovery year.

Moir is being asked to work up the ground. As a multi pronged effort to improve his tank, his confidence, his game awareness, the need to contribute to a full ground defence. The kid is just more talented than most and can hold a spot with his highlight reel around the big sticks. We are making him a complete player, then he will have the understanding and want to contribute defensively to complement his attacking skills. It is a discovery year.

Well said. I really like the way we're developing him!

Monahan will push for games late next year.
I'd love to know what makes you so confident. He's getting about 5 disposals a game at VFL level. And looked a mile away from the 2 recent games on channel 7.

I don't think they're helping him by playing him in starvation corner either. I'd love to see him given an extended run behind the ball so he can learn the game and build his confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back