Game Day Rnd 16 - 🏈 Carlton v Richmond Game Day Discussion 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe TDK is being managed 1 week after a bye

I don't mind it. Not sure what he'd gain from Nankervis jumping into him all day.

We're flat, kicking poorly, getting reamed by the umps, and everything is bouncing the Tigers' way... and we're still up by 2 goals. Could be worse.

Weit having a bit of a shocker.

Newman our best. Elijah going well again.

Harry and Charlie not really impacting like you'd expect against very poor opponents.

Tigs just making it a scrap - which they always do against us.

You can see the impact of TDK. We don't have the same run / penetration.

Pitto wins clearances but often they only go blind / scrubbing kicks.

Great to see Cerra getting it a bit.

Cincotta got beaten first quarter but kept Vlaustin completely out of it that quarter.

This is how it's always been and we used to be the benificiary of this too. The team expected to lose gets gassed up to keep their supporters watching. It's the same as the fake hype when a games over but BT reckons the next goal is important etc. Just hype the underdog to keep the fans hopeful / interested. Winning team is gonna get their dues.

Not sure about that. In their flag years, it was all about Richmond during games.

Someone mentioned Tigers had the pace to cause us problems :think: Perhaps The Old Dark Navy's

That was a pretty good call. A few who need to lift and i do wonder how long Richmond will be able to keep up.

Mid field havent quite fired today and I am not sure about Pitto.

Both of their behinds have come from us knocking it through. They haven't missed a shot.

Having said that, we've wasted quite a few. Need to get on with it in the second half. It's been a do what we need to get the job done effort so far.
Might've been more, but there was definitely an OOF from I think Taranto? (as an aside, that's one of our free kicks...)

Our turnover game disappears without TDK. We go back to chipping and trying to force our way through.

Huh? We are on world record pace for points from turnover

The problem is in the contest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about that. In their flag years, it was all about Richmond during games.

We've had our share of pretty open barrackers when we were down the bottom.

Always amused me when Eddie was practically a closet Carlton supporter at our worst.

Richmond are doing well in the contest - no surprises they have their best mids back in. Theyare bombing it long as quickly as possible and trying to play the territory game - again a good test. They are also playing through their best players as much as possible and so far they have been able to keep it up. I think the tuggers are playing with more intensity at teh margin. and Carlton with a tad more class.

On Carlton's positives - game plan is holding up pressure levels down a bit. Ordinary kicking is ordinary football.

Will be interesting to see if Richmond can keep the ground ball contest game up for 4 quarters - especially if the umps get the radio message from the stands to tell them about free kicks going a tad too one way too often. Will also be interesting to see what Voss does about contest set ups- they are getting numbers at teh contest and winning with numbers too often - so how does he even things up? OR who do Carlton start winning clearances - Hewett needs to come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back