Autopsy Rnd 17 v Bulldogs Autopsy Thread *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

McInness impressed when moved up the ground.

Too often we stream out of defensive 50 with no tall target between the arcs. #26 could be that player.

We've missed a link-up HFF since Wiggo decided to focus on his wife's London Olympics preparation.

On the down side, Russell, Bower and Thornton were okay without being standouts in a game that is virtually deciding their careers. The umpires continue to frustrate and the commentary was woeful and bordered on embarrassing.

The season is still alive ......
?
Thornton should be the coach's buddy after doing so much ruck work (and kicking a couple of important goals) while I would hope others noticed how clean JRs attack on the ball was - I don't remember him fumbling once. This man was second in our B&F just a couple of years ago and deserves a string of games after finding consistent form in the NBs

Not a bad showing by the blues tonight. We were rewarded by playing our youth tonight and I hope we have learnt something from this and it leads to the debut of Mitchell. Casboult played a really pleasing first game, he's built like a forward and took some nice marks coming at the footy. Lake made the job hard for our young fellas but what a learning expierence for them. Frazer Dale is smart footballer. Tom Bell looks handy and will grow as a player with time. McInness showed plenty. Well done Brock McLean, has set an example and has taken his game to another level this season.

The player I want to give heaps of credit to is Heath Scotland. Has had another outstanding season and I hope he finishes it by winning the John Nicholls medal. He's truely deserved it and was outstanding again. Always makes something of it when he gets hands on it, is tough and corageous and has busted his arse with us when we were a rabble right up to know. Could be like Craig Bradley and just keep running and playing forever.

?
Thornton should be the coach's buddy after doing so much ruck work (and kicking a couple of important goals) while I would hope others noticed how clean JRs attack on the ball was - I don't remember him fumbling once. This man was second in our B&F just a couple of years ago and deserves a string of games after finding consistent form in the NBs

Like I said, considering they were possibly playing for their career, they were okay. I would struggle to fit any of them into the top 10 for our club tonight.

The kids carried the team tonight, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Like I said, considering they were possibly playing for their career, they were okay. I would struggle to fit any of them into the top 10 for our club tonight.

The kids carried the team tonight, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Not altogether kids
Scotty, Eddie and Brock got their share of votes (and Collins is not exactly a kid either) but HEY it was GREAT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All things considered a decent win (no rucks, no forwards, depleted midfield)..

Can't believe we missed Kruezer, Judd, Simpson, Robinson, Walker, Laidler, Hampson, Warnock, Henderson played 4 players with a combined experience of 2 games and somehow won.

So proud of the effort from the guys tonight. Under strengthed, three debutants, no worries!
Tom Bell- took the game on and looked like a season professional out there. When he didn't have the ball he was putting pressure on the opposition and wasn't afraid to put his body on the line. NAB rising star nomination performance!
Frazer Dale- Came on and gave it a red hot go. Loved the goal after the siren! What a kick!
Levi- Had the biggest task. To come into your first game of AFL football, after just 2 vfl games back from a long term injury, and have to be number 1 ruckman, rucking against a veteran like Will Minson. Levi is a part-time ruckman, but did an amazing job tonight. He also showed that he isn't afraid to bash and crash into packs, and when Kreuze comes back, I'd love to see him slot into the forward line with a bit of rucking. 2 tall forwards of the future in Levi and Luke for sure!

Jordan Russell- showed glimpses of his 2010 season tonight, he seemed to have lost a bit of confidence in his ability. Earlier on in his career he would have let mistakes get to him and he would seem to drift out of games, but tonight, when he made a few clangers, he just picked himself up, dusted himself off and got on with it, which was really pleasing to see. I've been a big fan of Jordan from the start and it was great to see him back out there for the Blues.

Bret Thorton- Having to be the 2nd ruck tonight, did a great job and provided us with a target as well.
Jeffy- Got a bit of his mojo back tonight, took the game on a bit more.
Yaz- Love his run, his pace is exceptional.
Andy Collins- one of, if not, the best game he's played for us. Loved his work tonight.
Andy McInnes, really enjoyed watching him when he was moved up forward.

A good thing about tonight is that I could say something positive about every player.
Last, but not least though Marc Murphy.
Stepped up again in the absence of Judd and coped really well with the number 1 tag, Liam Picken isn't easy to get around. His leadership skills tonight were exceptional. Loved when he kept the boys on the ground at half time and spoke to them. Gave us a glimpse into the future for sure, was an outstanding captain tonight. His final quarter was amazing when he took it up a notch, like Judd does, and finished with 7 or 8 disposals for the quarter.

Overall, really positive signs for the future!

It's actually quite possible.

He's one to watch. I was surprised his stats don't read higher actually, I thought he actually had a lot more impact than they would suggest. But he did take his marks and competed hard and lasted a surprising amount of time. Proud of him, will be a player.
When I saw him starting to cramp up at the end of the match... I knew he had run his guts out. BUT he hadn't finished running yet... he stretched out the cramps and then ran to the next contest... I said last week we needed to put him in the side and leave him there until the end of the year. After his first game... I am deadly serious about him. Leave him in there and plonk him in the goal square and get him running leads and lines and play merry hell with the opposition defenses. He will do the job for us and in a couple of weeks... bring in Mitchell to keep him company at CHF. These two will be our KPF's for a long time.

Tom Bell... geezuz did he announce his arrival at AFL level. Hits like a steam train and runs hard. Will be the perfect complement to Robbo. Smashed a few doggies in some serious bone crunching tackles and it reminded me a bit of Cachia last year.

Watson is looking better and better with every game he plays. This guy will be a massive part of our defence in the coming years. His indifferent VFL form had people saying that he wouldnt make it... boy has he made the step up in quality.

Collins was BOG tonight. Really played the game of his life for the club and reinforced why we wanted him. This extended run in the seniors is doing him the world of good. And it isnt going to make it easy for Lucas to step into the side.

McLean... just keeps getting better and better.

Smurph is just elite... and he is starting to develop a hard side to himself... when that wannabe hard man Picken (a thug like his dad) tried to test out his shoulder, he gave it back to him just as tough.

Dale looks like he will end up being a player... was composed with his shot after the siren for his first goal. Good on him :) I would like to see him get a few more quarters over the next few weeks before giving him a full game in 3-4 weeks time.

It wasnt the prettiest of matches to watch tonight, but it was better than the Queensland derby. And for a side that was rated as the least talented in years... we still came out of it with a win.

So proud of the effort from the guys tonight. Under strengthed, three debutants, no worries!
Tom Bell- took the game on and looked like a season professional out there. When he didn't have the ball he was putting pressure on the opposition and wasn't afraid to put his body on the line. NAB rising star nomination performance!
Frazer Dale- Came on and gave it a red hot go. Loved the goal after the siren! What a kick!
Levi- Had the biggest task. To come into your first game of AFL football, after just 2 vfl games back from a long term injury, and have to be number 1 ruckman, rucking against a veteran like Will Minson. Levi is a part-time ruckman, but did an amazing job tonight. He also showed that he isn't afraid to bash and crash into packs, and when Kreuze comes back, I'd love to see him slot into the forward line with a bit of rucking. 2 tall forwards of the future in Levi and Luke for sure!

Jordan Russell- showed glimpses of his 2010 season tonight, he seemed to have lost a bit of confidence in his ability. Earlier on in his career he would have let mistakes get to him and he would seem to drift out of games, but tonight, when he made a few clangers, he just picked himself up, dusted himself off and got on with it, which was really pleasing to see. I've been a big fan of Jordan from the start and it was great to see him back out there for the Blues.

Bret Thorton- Having to be the 2nd ruck tonight, did a great job and provided us with a target as well.
Jeffy- Got a bit of his mojo back tonight, took the game on a bit more.
Yaz- Love his run, his pace is exceptional.
Andy Collins- one of, if not, the best game he's played for us. Loved his work tonight.
Andy McInnes, really enjoyed watching him when he was moved up forward.

A good thing about tonight is that I could say something positive about every player.
Last, but not least though Marc Murphy.
Stepped up again in the absence of Judd and coped really well with the number 1 tag, Liam Picken isn't easy to get around. His leadership skills tonight were exceptional. Loved when he kept the boys on the ground at half time and spoke to them. Gave us a glimpse into the future for sure, was an outstanding captain tonight. His final quarter was amazing when he took it up a notch, like Judd does, and finished with 7 or 8 disposals for the quarter.

Overall, really positive signs for the future!

Excellent post BG4L :thumbsu:

a few poor disp amongst a lot of effort
was there a reason Army got subbed?
I think that the club just wanted him to have a rest for the last quarter and to give Dale a run to see what he was like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 17 v Bulldogs Autopsy Thread *Merged*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back