Preview RND 2 - Carlton v Gold Coast - 1:45PM Saturday 31st March @ Etihad - Team - post #871

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be bitterly disappointed if we lose today
My expectations are much higher now after i know what we can do from the JLT games and the first round, this is a must win game for us
Jones has to play a full lock down roll on Lynch let marchy and weits play the 3rd man in role hope to see the attacking brand of footy again and score over the 100 pts and hsve a comfortable win

This is a tougher game than many are predicting, if we get smashed expect some blood and bile.

I really don't think Kreuzer should play. Even if he "just" makes it for this round we have a LONG season ahead its just not worth it.

Regardless I think we have enough firepower to win. Blues by 17.

Normally I would agree but if scans show no damage to Kruezers groin, im sure hes managed himself well and is right to go. Dont forget he came back on the ground against Rich, all be it a bit ginger.

Wasn't so long ago GC chose the 'safe' route and elected to hire Rodney eade. At that time, Bolton was also in the running. I told anyone who would listen the NLP practitioner was the coach to take a risk on. GCS didn't. And in limbo they have been ever since.

Bolton was an instant success for you guys. Your group hasn't looked back. I Love Bolton, great motivator and life coach.

GC now also has a decent coach. A young playing group like you fellas. They also seem finally on the up.

Today should be a great game by 2 teams with legit finals hopes.

Carn the blues!!!

Suns always start seasons well with opening games and the next few...
The truth is we sort of know what we can do however the Suns are an unknown quanity at this time....
They are a fit team,quick and can kick goals
Bolton will have to set up zones today and will want more tackles than last week and a much more kicking......we probably cannot afford to take suns on today via corridor maybe at times only and yes we will see a lot of switching off half back to upset their tempo and focus.....

If we can force turnovers in their defense via pressure we have a win..They might be quicker and have an Elite forward or two however tactically and experience wise will will defeat them

Jones that’s why OShea is in? My guess
Jones was my thoughts too, even if it’s back half only, with Casboult going forward after centre bounce, then a Richmond style with a midfielder/random from time to time around the ground.

If this is what happens, I’m quite excited to see how it works out. Obviously I would prefer Kruezer 100% fit, but this would be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SUNS have gotta be leg weary after that hard slog, waterlogged game last week in Cairns. Surely they cant recover from that effort to run out a fast, high pressure match vs the Blues that just keep on coming?

SUNS have gotta be leg weary after that hard slog, waterlogged game last week in Cairns. Surely they cant recover from that effort to run out a fast, high pressure match vs the Blues that just keep on coming?
North surprising had no issue. Hope the players don’t think this but logically you would have to be correct surely

North surprising had no issue. Hope the players don’t think this but logically you would have to be correct surely

I didn't watch the North/Saints game. Was a stinker apparently. Hannah Mouncey even had a dig at them on twitter. Said the girls were better or better skills or something. However, at least the Saints and North didn't have to put skirts on and pretend to be a shielah to try to play AFL...!

Anyway, I doubt North had the struggle v Saints as the Suns will have today vs the Blues.

I didn't watch the North/Saints game. Was a stinker apparently. Hannah Mouncey even had a dig at them on twitter. Said the girls were better or better skills or something. However, at least the Saints and North didn't have to put skirts on and pretend to be a shielah to try to play AFL...!

Anyway, I doubt North had the struggle v Saints as the Suns will have today vs the Blues.
Feel free to join us in the 21st century at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back