Game Day Rnd 21 - Carlton v Brisbane Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is his second game this year. Don’t get why you single him out over anyone else. And yeah you might be right, but I prefer to support our players

As I have said it’s body of work for him over time.

I’d love him to have a blinder 2nd half.

Anywho he is contracted so has a chance to have a mega pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need Kemp, Philp, Carroll, Honey, Stocker to develop into AFL standard players. The top 12-15 are good enough but we will not consistently win games with our current bottom 6.

Never a truer statement has been made … Setterfield Dow Plowman Newnes Owies

This kind of thinking is why we have been so shite for so long.

Last year we played this pathetically, so we sacked the coach and ran an enquiry into the off-field state of affairs.

12 months on, where are the results of that enquiry? We're a bottom 4 team right now - the players are good enough, and have shown it at times, but the coaching, fitness, and off-field support still are not good enough, and somehow with 3 games to go we are completely cooked.

We should expect, and demand, success, given how long it has been, and how quickly other teams have turned things around in recent years.

Players good enough ? Really ?

When the on field results suggest otherwise ? How many decent/premiership contenders have we beaten thus year ?

I hate being negative/cynical but our 8-2 start to the season (from one of the softest starts to the season we have had in years) papered over several of the cracks in our list/best 22 we have had for years.

We are at least 6 (probably more) players short in our best 22 right now from being a top 4 contender

We need to be realistic

No one forced us to bring all of in Newnes, Owies and Martin in the state of fitness and form they're in.

Honey and Kemp were there, fit, and in good form. That shifts Fisher forward, and pushes Walsh outside to the wing, you'd hope.

Fogarty also there if needed.
Discussions for another time ...

Harris Andrews is the type of guy who is tough on field but wouldn’t say anything to you if cut infront of him in line at the servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back