Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

Not at all. My opinion is that Collingwood were playing much better football in the year they lost 4 /drew 2 games than the year they lost 3 games. This is more evident if you are to just compare the way the team was playing in the 2nd halves of both seasons.

Players like Didak, Maxwell, Dawes, Brown, O'Brien, Jolly all played much better in 2010. No guarantee that these players will capture the 2010 form (especially Brown who is gone).

It is possible to play badly and still win - The Adelaide game last year as an example.

We were better overall last year, take my word for it (even with a few players injured). However, the final 8-10 games of 2010 were better. Perhaps that is what you mean?

Haha surely he wouldn't get angry about some comedian ripping him about being on the dole. Clearly he knows he has a job at the greatest football club in the world :) , and most people sitting around him would of known aswell.

Yeah I don't think he really minded that much was a pretty good sport about it, the comedian had no idea who he was, and that he probably earns about 3 times the amount of anyone else in the room.

He even asked the girl Bryce was with what she did, she said she works at a footy club, and both her and bryce went pretty red after he asked if she r00ts any of the players.

Ok firstly from our best 22 we lost Leon Davis (retired),Krakouer,macaffer.
Leroy Brown (retired) but let's not count these guys.

The eight or so players missing, from Hawthorn game were TARRANT,WELLINGHAM,DIDAK,JOHNSTON,BEAMS,MAXWELL,N BROWN,WOOD.

This week we get back Wellingham,Beams just came back last week,Wood,Johnson,and an under done Maxwell.

So we are still missing half our backline TARRANT AND BROWN
We will get a bit of midfield grunt back this week in Wellingham and Beams.
But our backline is still dicey,HarryO,Reid, and an under done Maxwell with heath shaw so still a lttle weak in that area.Once we have Tarrant and Brown back with the rest then we look rock solid.This area is where we will get exposed.

So lets see take out 8 good players from Carltons side and where are you then? You see!
Ok, you cannot include retired/traded/delisted players. This is Collingwood 2012.

Forgot Beams and he is a good player. However whilst Collingwood were dominant last year, Beams was dropped due to poor form, but I'll give you that

Wood is not in Collingwood's best 22. He might get a call here or there, but lets get it straight, even Pies fans don't know who is your second ruckman (Ceglar or Wood or Dawes playing the Brown role)

So from the original 7 (players that are easily replaceable), you lose Tarrant who is a big loss, but gained Beams who is probably your best players from the "original 7".

This week you will most likely gain Johnson, Wellingham and Maxwell (if under-done he won't play, not that a fit maxwell is any different to an under-done one)

So now your outs will be

Didak - pfft
Kraekour - we'll have Walker out
Brown - like I said, you dominated most of last year without him
Tarrant - Big loss, especially with Brown out

So really two important best 22 player will be out, exactly the same number as Carlton in Warnock and Walker

Yeah I don't think he really minded that much was a pretty good sport about it, the comedian had no idea who he was, and that he probably earns about 3 times the amount of anyone else in the room.

He even asked the girl Bryce was with what she did, she said she works at a footy club, and both her and bryce went pretty red after he asked if she r00ts any of the players.

Hahaha thats a classic. Bet you cracked up at that last bit!

Leroy Brown (retired)
but let's not count these guys.

The eight or so players missing, from Hawthorn game were TARRANT,WELLINGHAM,DIDAK,JOHNSTON,BEAMS,MAXWELL,N BROWN,WOOD.

This week we get back Wellingham,Beams just came back last week,Wood,Johnson,and an under done Maxwell.

But our backline is still dicey,HarryO,Reid, and an under done Maxwell with heath shaw so still a lttle weak in that area.Once we have Tarrant and Brown back with the rest then we look rock solid.This area is where we will get exposed.

So lets see take out 8 good players from Carltons side and where are you then? You see!
Ok we wont count Kernahan, Koutoufides, Williams, Bradley etc then because they have retired or been cut down by injury also and wont be available for us on Friday:rolleyes:

"Come on knackers" most of the 8 players you mention are either past it, are the Army's whipping boys or are not in the top half of your best starting 22 and like most other teams the last few spots can be easily replaced by a similar standard player.

Whatever changes we do make, there are two things we must do on Friday night:

1. Take our chances we have them. Kicking straight against Collingwood is a real key.

2. Really limit our turnovers. Collingwood kill you on the counter attack.

Do both of these well on Friday night, and we're up to our neck in this game. Do one or both badly, and the 4 points will be going to the Westpac Centre.

Couldn't agree more. It's a balance between playing smart and attacking footy. Starting to get really pumped about the game Friday can't come quick enough.

Haha! Bryce to kick 6!

so who was the comedian?

Gee, this 2nd ruck thing is a growing issue down at Pieland isn't. Seems that Buckley doesn't really rate Wood, and his role on their list is primarily as a backup for Jolly if/when his chronic knee issue flares up like it did last year. They are VERY reluctant to play both Jolly and Wood because both aren't exactly mobile or athletic. That's why Buckley's resorting to desperate means like playing Dawes in the ruck. Looks like a lose-lose situation for the Pies whatever they decide i.e. use Dawes and get smashed in the middle, or use Wood and make a slow side even slower against the fastest team in the AFL. This will be interesting.

:)

Gee, this 2nd ruck thing is a growing issue down at Pieland isn't. Seems that Buckley doesn't really rate Wood, and his role on their list is primarily as a backup for Jolly if/when his chronic knee issue flares up like it did last year. They are VERY reluctant to play both Jolly and Wood because both aren't exactly mobile or athletic. That's why Buckley's resorting to desperate means like playing Dawes in the ruck. Looks like a lose-lose situation for the Pies whatever they decide i.e. use Dawes and get smashed in the middle, or use Wood and make a slow side even slower against the fastest team in the AFL. This will be interesting.

I liked your post earlier in the week about Jolly and Wood being very similar players, Parrot. I completely agree. Whilst Jolly gets around he ground a lot better than Wood, they are still very much 'tap-ruckmen'. They both definitely have nowhere near the same amount of athleticism as Kreuzer or Hampson. Either way, we should smash them in the ruck this week as I find that no matter what option Buckley goes with (i.e. Dawes or Wood), we come out on top.

Warnock has handed out some almightily thrashings to Jolly over the years. For some reason Warnock has always troubled him massively, even when the rest of our team have put in some disappointing efforts. Hopefully Hampson and Kruezer can continue the tradition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leroy Brown (retired) but let's not count these guys.

Makin excuses already eh sunshine!!

Hmmm I can't work out how we are favourites. We are coming up against a proven top 4 team, and we didn't beat a top 4 team last year. We have beaten two average teams.

Hmmm I can't work out how we are favourites. We are coming up against a proven top 4 team, and we didn't beat a top 4 team last year. We have beaten two average teams.

Let the facts speak Krooooze.

Who is top 4 now?

If the pies wanted to be in the 8 they could have got themselves a higher percentage against the tigers.

Who is top 4 now?

If the pies wanted to be in the 8 they could have got themselves a higher percentage against the tigers.

Don't get me wrong, I really do believe we are a better side than last yr, and I think the Pies have come back to the pack a fair bit, but I just don't feel we are deserving of the favourites tag after easy wins over Rich and Bris. If we had beaten one of Geel or Haw leading into this game then it could be warranted, but it will be good to see how we stand up to the pressure.

Whilst I am excited about our list and the direction we are heading, I don't like all this hype. Wish we could fly under the radar a bit more. But that's what happens when you support this footy club, we expect success, and media naturally pump us up.

Who is top 4 now?

Or even beat the hawks Rd1

Don't get me wrong, I really do believe we are a better side than last yr, and I think the Pies have come back to the pack a fair bit, but I just don't feel we are deserving of the favourites tag after easy wins over Rich and Bris. If we had beaten one of Geel or Haw leading into this game then it could be warranted, but it will be good to see how we stand up to the pressure.

People that have got money on the line and people that are prepared to lose money if they make a mistake, factor the odds.
Favoutism doesn't give you the 4 points, but it does suggest that many are prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

Whilst I am excited about our list and the direction we are heading, I don't like all this hype. Wish we could fly under the radar a bit more. But that's what happens when you support this footy club, we expect success, and media naturally pump us up.

The expectation on Carlton has been pretty thick the last couple of years, so we will never be able to slip under any bodies guard anymore big "K"

Sat in front of Bryce at the comedy festival lastnight. The comedian asked what he did for a living, he said he was unemployed, so the comedian ripped on him about centerlink the whole show. Don't think he was enjoying it.

Hopefully takes the anger out on the pies.

Ha , bet he felt a right tosser when someone told him who he was ripping...

Ah, edward. Knows centrelink well i believe...
Any way I'm aiming high... Blues to fast, slick and to yarranish for this mob.

That would be Edward Blake. :)

Baggers by 1 glorious point. :thumbsu:

Nah ... 24

Run away with it ... Last 15 mins

Reckon the coaching staff will get creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back