Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

he hit the post about 3 times that day. was the start of some terrible form for him until he hit his straps against the Bummers in the elim final.

Bottom line is we need this win more than the Pies do, We need to show we can stand up the Pies have already shown that they can. I am hoping for a Carlton win and no injury's.

Ok guys,they talk about the rivalry between Geelong and Hawthorn, but Carlton vs Collingwood is the blaockbuster of the highest proportions.

Imagine a Collingwood vs Carlton grand Final.That would be a epic game !

This week's game will show to all that Collingwood and Carlton are the two other teams that will make up the Top 4 this year,and from there anything can happen.To be put simply which ever team is fit and raring to go come finals time will win the premiership.So in effect it's the team that plays the best finals series will ultimately become the premiers.

Premierships are not won ,in April or May.

Yes it's a marathon so at this point in time,the blues are better placed than Collingwood.The Blues will have a full squad to pick from coming into Friday night's game and Collingwood won't,we have a few players,underdone at this point.Let's say Calton are humming along at say 90% capacity.and Collingwood is only at 60%.
After an average Nab Cup the blues have blitzed their opposition of the past two weeks and have started the season fit and firing on all cylinders.

For a change the Blues have a full squad to pick from which i believe will give them a slight advantage.

We have still quite a few players missing from our best 22,and if the Bluies were going to beat the pies it will be this week.

Only just though,it will be a thrilling game,however if Carlton do a Hawthorn and Collingwood pinches the game then,the psycological advantage to collingwood may,effect the Blues moving forward in 2012.

To put it simply Carlton must win this week,to show they are real challenger .Collingwood will get better as the year progresses.

Ok guys,they talk about the rivalry between Geelong and Hawthorn, but Carlton vs Collingwood is the blaockbuster of the highest proportions.

This week's game will show to all that Collingwood and Carlton are the two other teams that will make up the Top 4 this year,and from there anything can happen.To be put simply which ever team is fit and raring to go come finals time will win the premiership.So in effect it's the team that plays the best finals series will ultimately become the premiers.

Yes it's a marathon so at this point in time,the blues are better placed than Collingwood.The Blues will have a full squad to pick from coming into Friday night's game and Collingwood won't,we have a few players,underdone at this point.Let's say Calton are humming along at say 90% capacity.and Collingwood is only at 60%.
After an average Nab Cup the blues have blitzed their opposition of the past two weeks and have started the season fit and firing on all cylinders.

For a change the Blues have a full squad to pick from which i believe will give them a slight advantage.

We have still quite a few players missing from our best 22,and if the Bluies were going to beat the pies it will be this week.

Only just though,it will be a thrilling game,however if Carlton do a Hawthorn and Collingwood pinches the game then,the psycological advantage to collingwood may,effect the Blues moving forward in 2012.

To put it simply Carlton must win this week,to show they are real challenger .Collingwood will get better as the year progresses.

Walker, yep, the guy who kicked 56 goals last year, he is still injured.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Collingwood still have all their guns out there. Everybody named AA from Collingwood last year will be playing Fri night (exc. Davis, obviously). The truth is that you lost a lot with retirements last year, and are struggling to replace them, personnel wise, and with team structure. Effectively, you're at 60% capacity from last year's team, but from your current capacity, I would argue you're closer to 80%.

Basically what you're trying to do is give us all the excuses in the world so you have something to fall back on when you lose. It's alright, a lot of others do the same thing. But don't come here and tell us we are no chance of doing anything this year just because we are playing good footy at the moment.

Correct, premierships aren't won in April, but you still need to win enough games to finish top 4, and going on the standard of the competition this year (Great top end, Shite bottom end), that is going to be at least 16 games I would say. Should Collingwood lose this week, they would have already lost 2/3 games played, and 2/6 allowable 'losable' games. The pressure is equally on Collingwood to ensure they are able to place themselves in a position to be top 4.

That's a really long winded way of saying you are full of excuses if you lose. Cheers for that :thumbsu:

....e Blues have a full squad to pick from .....

lol. Apart from Walker, Duigan, Warnock and Jamo. Not even close to full strength. Huge pressure on the Pies this week, after all the off-season talk up by Eddie, the GF disaster, and Buckley's poor coaching performance. I'm sensing a little nervousness among Pies supporters. I mean, if you can't beat an injury depleted Carlton side, you'll have no chance when we roll out all the talent at the end of the season. Our focus really is on the Cats and Hawks who are a fair bit better than your mob. This should be a fun little game, but we know the main event is latter on against those other better quality teams.

:)

Yes it's a marathon so at this point in time,the blues are better placed than Collingwood.The Blues will have a full squad to pick from coming into Friday night's game and Collingwood won't,we have a few players,underdone at this point. Let's say Calton are humming along at say 90% capacity.and Collingwood is only at 60%.

Let's just say that you're having a wild guess.
Ratten has already commented on Carlton having geared our regime to peak come the business end of the year.
As with any other team, we'll need injuries to be kept to a minimum to achieve this, but that was the plan before a ball was bounced this year.

he hit the post about 3 times that day. was the start of some terrible form for him until he hit his straps against the Bummers in the elim final.

iirc, he hit the post from the goal square in that game!

was our most lively forward that afternoon but just couldn't kick it between the two big sticks.

Best of luck this week, whoever wins it will be a thrilling game.

If Carlton win then they derserve their win.

I like the way Collingwood is going under the radar.

Yes i want all the focus on Carlton,Geelong and Hawthorn just perfect.

Guys come on ,Collingwood had 8 senior players missing,aginst Hawthorn and we had all these dedutants,if we had of kicked straight we would not have lost to Hawthorn with a depleted side.

When Collingwood have their best 22 on the park,we will be very difficult to beat,but in the meantime good luck this week.

I am not one eyed i can see that other teams are getting better.But remember that it all counts at the business end of the year.
Collingwood have a heap of improvement left in them,we have to settle our side,we are still experimenting at the moment,that's all i will say.

Either way let's see what happens it will be a good fast paced game.

.The Blues will have a full squad to pick from coming into Friday night's game and Collingwood won't,we have a few players,underdone at this point.Let's say Calton are humming along at say 90% capacity.and Collingwood is only at 60%.

What if thats as good as it gets. I was blown away when watching Collingwood live in 2010 how good they were as a team but last year they seemed to be going through the motions with a too few carrying the load. Maybe the best Collingwood will come up with this year will be 60% of the 2010 effort.

Flying over from Perth for this game and can't wait.

The only change I would make would be Jamo in for Russell, just think it will be difficult for Duigan to pick up the pace straight away in a big game like this so happy for him to have another week in the twos and force his way back in next week.

We need to get off to a good start and not have to work our way back in to the game like we did against hawthorn last yeay.

Blues by 8

Huge, huge game. Can't wait.

We really, really need to win this one. More important that we get the 4 points so we prove that we are legitimate contenders this season. We've gradually been bringing down the margin over the last few seasons so this one could be really close.

In 2010 and 2011 we could basically match them for 2-3 quarters and would switch off for one that would cost us the game. Need a 4 quarter effort from everyone. They are certainly going to be up for it so i'm not expecting a Richmond performance from them this week.

Jamo in for Russell and we're good to go I reckon.

Blues by 14.

Best of luck this week, whoever wins it will be a thrilling game.

If Carlton win then they derserve their win.

I like the way Collingwood is going under the radar.

Yes i want all the focus on Carlton,Geelong and Hawthorn just perfect.

Guys come on ,Collingwood had 8 senior players missing,aginst Hawthorn and we had all these dedutants,if we had of kicked straight we would not have lost to Hawthorn with a depleted side.

When Collingwood have their best 22 on the park,we will be very difficult to beat,but in the meantime good luck this week.

I am not one eyed i can see that other teams are getting better.But remember that it all counts at the business end of the year.
Collingwood have a heap of improvement left in them,we have to settle our side,we are still experimenting at the moment,that's all i will say.

Either way let's see what happens it will be a good fast paced game.
Who are these 8 senior players?

Maxwell - real borderline player - Duigan is better. Both could be back this week
Wellingham - Good player
Brown - Missing him most of last year anyways
Didak - Deserves to be dropped mid way through last year. Was a liability in the GF
Johnson - Good player
Kraekour - Good player - Walker is better, both will miss

Not sure who the other two players are that are so important

For Carlton, we've been without Warnock and Jamison also (who would be more important than any of the players Collingwood are missing) and also Ellard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if thats as good as it gets. I was blown away when watching Collingwood live in 2010 how good they were as a team but last year they seemed to be going through the motions with a too few carrying the load. .

We were 20 wins and 2 losses last year in the H & A season. We were clearly better than 2010 throughout the season.

I guess memories fade quickly. :confused:

Whatever changes we do make, there are two things we must do on Friday night:

1. Take our chances we have them. Kicking straight against Collingwood is a real key.

2. Really limit our turnovers. Collingwood kill you on the counter attack.

Do both of these well on Friday night, and we're up to our neck in this game. Do one or both badly, and the 4 points will be going to the Westpac Centre.

Sat in front of Bryce at the comedy festival lastnight. The comedian asked what he did for a living, he said he was unemployed, so the comedian ripped on him about centerlink the whole show. Don't think he was enjoying it.

Hopefully takes the anger out on the pies.

We were 20 wins and 2 losses last year in the H & A season. We were clearly better than 2010 throughout the season.

I guess memories fade quickly. :confused:

Not at all. My opinion is that Collingwood were playing much better football in the year they lost 4 /drew 2 games than the year they lost 3 games. This is more evident if you are to just compare the way the team was playing in the 2nd halves of both seasons.

Players like Didak, Maxwell, Dawes, Brown, O'Brien, Jolly all played much better in 2010. No guarantee that these players will capture the 2010 form (especially Brown who is gone).

It is possible to play badly and still win - The Adelaide game last year as an example.

Whatever changes we do make, there are two things we must do on Friday night:

1. Take our chances we have them. Kicking straight against Collingwood is a real key.

2. Really limit our turnovers. Collingwood kill you on the counter attack.

Do both of these well on Friday night, and we're up to our neck in this game. Do one or both badly, and the 4 points will be going to the Westpac Centre.

Dead right HBF. Its all about hitting targets, whether between the big sticks or someone in navy blue. Gotta do it to be in contention, in this game or for flag.

This is too close to call for me. Pies won flag in 2010 and only lost 3 games last year so to underestimate them is flirting with disaster.

Who are these 8 senior players?

Maxwell - real borderline player - Duigan is better. Both could be back this week
Wellingham - Good player
Brown - Missing him most of last year anyways
Didak - Deserves to be dropped mid way through last year. Was a liability in the GF
Johnson - Good player
Kraekour - Good player - Walker is better, both will miss

Not sure who the other two players are that are so important

For Carlton, we've been without Warnock and Jamison also (who would be more important than any of the players Collingwood are missing) and also Ellard.

Ok firstly from our best 22 we lost Leon Davis (retired),Krakouer,macaffer.
Leroy Brown (retired) but let's not count these guys.

The eight or so players missing, from Hawthorn game were TARRANT,WELLINGHAM,DIDAK,JOHNSTON,BEAMS,MAXWELL,N BROWN,WOOD.

This week we get back Wellingham,Beams just came back last week,Wood,Johnson,and an under done Maxwell.

So we are still missing half our backline TARRANT AND BROWN
We will get a bit of midfield grunt back this week in Wellingham and Beams.
But our backline is still dicey,HarryO,Reid, and an under done Maxwell with heath shaw so still a lttle weak in that area.Once we have Tarrant and Brown back with the rest then we look rock solid.This area is where we will get exposed.

So lets see take out 8 good players from Carltons side and where are you then? You see!

Sat in front of Bryce at the comedy festival lastnight. The comedian asked what he did for a living, he said he was unemployed, so the comedian ripped on him about centerlink the whole show. Don't think he was enjoying it.

Haha surely he wouldn't get angry about some comedian ripping him about being on the dole. Clearly he knows he has a job at the greatest football club in the world :) , and most people sitting around him would of known aswell.

Out of state comedian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back