Game Day Rnd 4 - Carlton v GC Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you watching a different game?
Coaching awesome today, soapy nailed it, backs and forwards right on top just need to win the contest in the middle c

I am watching the game and it’s putrid all round... our defence is holding up and gov is having a good afternoon...
We’ve looked ok for 15 mins. That’s it.
I’m all for positivity and have been very patient but our ball movement is a joke.

Give Cripps a break, he got himself back into the game.
Haha, shows how good Cripps is if you call that’s awful, one on one marks against a centre half back and you call him awful.

Cheers
Hes our best and highest paid player. Of course we should have high expectations. The guy is great but he's cost us with poor disposal today.

Feels like we’ve got the better of them. But it also feels like it’s a fine line between winning and stuffing this up.
If Cripps and a few others keep building on their game and the rest maintain their current firm we’ll win this easy.
Although I’m not at this game like last year, feels very similar.

Weiter’s even looking more confident in the interview stakes - along with Jones, he’s a massive positive from the season thus far.

I’m no strategic Einstein, but the commentators mentioned that at the quarter time break Bolts went straight up to our marking forwards, and emphasised the need for them to push up the ground to provide better marking options on the wings and flanks. This seemed to be a major reason behind our improvement in the second quarter, and if so then thumbs up to Bolts for some excellent coaching.

Really pleased to see some players who have been struggling to impact our previous games coming to the fore - Charlie, Fish, LOB, and Gibbons spring to mind. Charlie’s touch remains below par, but at least he’s ensuring that he’s impacting on the game, and imo the touch will come if he continues to put in those hard yards.

Go Blues!

Umpire position description :

1) you must be a nerd
2) can't have played Afl before
3) no nothing about Afl
4) running ability a must
5) you will get a job because we struggle for numbers

Useless campaigners

And people wonder a) why we have chronic shortages of umpires for park footy, b) why umpiring is so poor, and c) why there needs to be far, far more rules governing player/fan interaction with umpires.

Pull your head in.

I am watching the game and it’s putrid all round... our defence is holding up and gov is having a good afternoon...
We’ve looked ok for 15 mins. That’s it.
I’m all for positivity and have been very patient but our ball movement is a joke.
tissue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow seems to be a bit more cleaner with his disposals today as well.
That centre clearance late in 2nd qtr was a perfect kick to Harry. Just that Harry tried to chest mark it. Arms out and he marks a beautiful kick. Good sign from Dow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Umpire position description :

1) you must be a nerd
2) can't have played Afl before
3) no nothing about Afl
4) running ability a must
5) you will get a job because we struggle for numbers

Useless campaigners
as ignorant a post as I have read on sports adjudication - well done

Seriously soap - call that for what it is a pathetic half of football all round.
We played well for 15 mins that qtr and that’s all we’ve done and we are in front such is the level of the opposition. Rubbish. Coaching is putrid and players lack confidence, skill level is a joke as is the case most weeks where we lose games due to poor skill and execution.
Your optimism is tiring.

Kennedy should be playing, we should not be playing Fisher in as many centre bounce clearances as we do. We are miles off it and a Monty for the spoon in my view and bolts will go this year mark my words. Talk is cheap.

You just need the win at this point. Doesn't matter how convincing it is, confidence will come with wins on the board.

Much better, but still butchering passes into our 50. And wtf was that free against Gibbons? That’s in the back every day of the week.

The game has been allowed to go on by the umps all game...not paying a lot of frees.
To be fair we've had a few frees or non-calls go our way too that i thought we were lucky to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back