Review Rnd9 : Review/Rant/Roast megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking over from the game day thread, fire away.

Our forward line cost us this match. Some players with issues around confidence

Re: Rnd9 : rant/roast megathread

Post your thread before me will ya?

Aawww gotta have something to do to get sidetracked from the loss :eek:

Re: Rnd9 : rant/roast megathread

Aawww gotta have something to do to get sidetracked from the loss :eek:

curses.jpg

l thought Pearces first game was one of the worst l have seen.To all the big footy posters who react with wanting to put kids up who arent ready you reap what you so. His opponents collectively kicked 5 goals. Ves had a shocker and who ever was tagging Johnson they can come out of the shed now...the game is over. Overall most did ok and they are showing heaps of spirit. Just lack class. Geelong are only a shadow of last few years imo.

professional footballers missing set shots from 20 metres. makes me lol and rage hard at the same time.

Austin absolutely smashed Pods for most of the match and Hawkins ended up only kicking a couple from cheapies not against his direct opponent.

Skinner was very poor. Sometimes the endeavour is there and sometimes it isn't.

Jones and Roughy both presented well up forward and clunked some strong marks. Their inability to kick the goals was a massive problem and hopefully we have Grant or someone work with them this week.

Minnow, Lake, Murphy, Austin, Libber, Wallis all tried their guts out tonight to get us across the line. We sorely missed Griffen's and Dahlhaus' run though. Both were well tagged

Great to win the contested possessions. I really thought like the collingwood game that we should have won this game also !

Once again, similar to the collingwood game, the front runners in the cats team squibbed a few lucky , flukey arse goals when it really it mattered ! We had them on toast, but 3 piss easy misses to Roughead, 1 to Griffen, and i think 2 to Jones was our demise unfortunately !

All i can say is look out when we get our act together up forward as i am liking this no compromise, hard effort , tough style of play ! We have a conversion rate inside 50 of about 45% and this needs to improve !

On another note, I have to slap Giranciracusa tonight . He is good when the opponents are average, but when it really counts and when there is good opposition like tonight, he is just an ordinary footballer. On too many occasions, he went to ground, he didnt apply enough pressure, and he let his opponent lead him to the ball. His body language sometimes suggests that he gives up and doesnt chase.... Yes he got a couple of goals and a goal assist which was a good effort, but he needs to do more than this:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have won the game, both games which we have played on a Friday night we should have won.

As its been said, the forward line really needs to be sorted. Those behinds in the 3rd and 4th quarters absolutely killed us. Midfield was great, dominated when the heat was on and the backline was great, in only leaking hack goals in the goal square.

Pearce was very ordinary, and Skinner was horrible. Give Moles a run FFS.

Overall a great performance tonight. Very happy with the boys. Frustrating, yes, but class showed out in the end. I think it was a win for us on a lot of levels. Our forward line looked a lot better, apart from set shots, which was a bit wayward, but had a lot more shots, happy with that. Jones had a great game, probably his best for the year. Roughead in my opinion should be played at full forward for the rest of the year. Played a very Brad Ottens type game tonight, and thought he looked solid.

Gia and Higgins did well to keep us in the game in the last, Dahlhaus, Wallis and Libba great again, especially Wallis. Love this kid, he really is becoming a very important mid for us. Zeph's hands are terrible. I know he's only played 3 games, so not up to it yet. What pisses me off, really pisses me off, is shadow type/ forward of the ball shits like Motlop. Jesus I've broken a few TV remotes over the years with these bastards. Another one is Phil Matera. It's like they hide behind the goal posts, these guys, and pop out and kick those cheap goals. Stokes was another one. Absolutely frustrating.

I said earlier this week that Johnson was the important one, looks like the coaching staff didn't see my post on that! :thumbsu:

Minnow, Lake, Murphy, Austin, Libber, Wallis all tried their guts out tonight to get us across the line. We sorely missed Griffen's and Dahlhaus' run though. Both were well tagged

Bit harsh on Dahl. He made a few goals out of nothing again tonight. Skinner and possibly Pearce are not up to it at the moment.

Wallis and Libba great again.

Ran out of puff at the end, Take away the first ten minutes an the last ten minutes and we smashed them. Just have to persevere with the forward line. Backline is doing well bar the ball getting out the back. Wallis is going to be a superstar. Minson would be in the top five ruckman in the league. Jones despite missing goals shown some signs from last year.

I was happy with tonights performance. A bit of luck/class wins you those tight games and at the moment we don't have that. Even though Gia kicked 3 he was still very disappointing, he can't sprint at all and is poor in marking contests but scores cheapies though Dahl's and others hard work. Next week week I would omit him and Zeph I still feel isn't ready for the big league.

Higgins kicked three goals but was constantly second to the ball for the entire game. He was beaten on the lead with his opponent rebounding out of defense and launching a counter attack. It killed us every time and appeared to be a weakness Geelong aggressively exposed. He needs to be held accountable for this because it had a big impact on the game.

Promising game, wasn't expecting a win was pleasantly surprised when I got the chance to watch the 2nd half. Thought the midfield was great, rucking is a bit suspect. Defense was decent but Pearce played poorly, Ves wasn't good either. Forwards were average.

Cannot wait till Jones/Cordy become big threats as once you have good marking talls everything else falls into place. When that happens hopefully by end of next year we can start talking premiership window again.

Also really excited about Skinner, hopefully he can get a full game or atleast 3qtrs soon.

Promising game, wasn't expecting a win was pleasantly surprised when I got the chance to watch the 2nd half. Thought the midfield was great, rucking is a bit suspect. Defense was decent but Pearce played poorly, Ves wasn't good either. Forwards were average.

Cannot wait till Jones/Cordy become big threats as once you have good marking talls everything else falls into place. When that happens hopefully by end of next year we can start talking premiership window again.

Also really excited about Skinner, hopefully he can get a full game or atleast 3qtrs soon.

wha? no ****ing chance.

Guys remember we are still without Morris and Marko! Our backline is holding up very well, its just our bloody forwards that let us down week in and week out....we really lack in that department and until we sort it out, i am afraid we will be losing many more games because of it.

Vespremi had a shocker also. I thought that unfortunately for him, he was switched onto bigger cats players when they were going forward and it cost us at least 3 goals

The new kid pearce was bad and made that front runner Motlop look good ( He isnt good by the way ) but i suppose we cant expect much more from a first gamer... It was amazing that Macca kept him on Motlop for so long, but i suppose thats how you become a better player......

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rnd9 : Review/Rant/Roast megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back