Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Steele wants to play on
Nothing is set in stone, but just because a player wants to play on doesn't mean very much. I'd say more than half of the players that retire WANT to play on, but get a tap on the shoulder (unless injured forced or they know its time)
Does anyone ever want to finish up? Unlikely.

Nothing is set in stone, but just because a player wants to play on doesn't mean very much. I'd say more than half of the players that retire WANT to play on, but get a tap on the shoulder (unless injured forced or they know its time)
Does anyone ever want to finish up? Unlikely.

Steele’s decent form in addition to the lack of up and coming talent, doesn’t scream he’ll get the tap to me.

Steele’s decent form in addition to the lack of up and coming talent, doesn’t scream he’ll get the tap to me.
Just saying. Nobody knows.
Could offer him a 1 year deal with him accepting he would be willing to play vfl.

I think we are going to find that that game last week where we were 27 points up 15 minutes into the last quarter will be the difference between us making the finals and not unfortunately. Absolutely had it in our grip, and fumbled it, which has been a trend for us this year.

I think we are going to find that that game last week where we were 27 points up 15 minutes into the last quarter will be the difference between us making the finals and not unfortunately. Absolutely had it in our grip, and fumbled it, which has been a trend for us this year.
Thread should be renamed to add 2025 on it

Could really say the Freo game was season defining.
Giving up that lead to go on to draw. The way the season has panned out, that draw (which we were the loser in), could be all the difference. Two more points.

A few other games could also be cited as ultimately season defining now. Even when talking about percentage, which may also be our undoing. Letting so many bigger leads slip to go on to just scrape in.

It will be the season of what ifs because we’re so close, but likely no cigar.

Absolutely a live shot now. Has anyone seen Carltons injury list? It's unbelievable. Literally down to 25 to pick from. Like us at the end of 14.
West Coast and StKilda start favourites against them. Port will knock off freo and we're in.
Need to get over the Lions first. But beat them an dees that's 52pts which is standard for 8th. 50 got you 8th last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11. COLLINGWOOD​

Won: 10, Lost: 9, Drawn: 2, Points: 44, Percentage: 100.1

PREDICTED FINISH IF COLLINGWOOD:​

WIN TWO- 10th (12-9-2): Miss finals.
The Pies need to jump past three teams to make finals. The most likely way we could see that happening is if they surpass Essendon, Carlton and Fremantle. The Bombers are odds on to lose at least once, then the Pies are relying on the Dockers and Blues to lose both their remaining games.
WIN ONE- 11th (11-10-2): Miss finals.
Mathematically Collingwood could make the top eight with one win, but it’s so ridiculously unlikely we won’t be breaking it down.
WIN ZERO- 13th (10-11-2): Miss finals.
If the Pies fell to 13th it would be the equal-lowest finish by a reigning premier.

VERDICT: WIN ONE
R23
: Brisbane, MCG (L)
R24: Melbourne, MCG (W)
Predicted finish: 11th (11-10-2)

then the Pies are relying on the Dockers and Blues to lose both their remaining games.
This is just not true. We are only relying on Dockers to lose both, Blues can either WL or WD as long as the former is achieved and we win out. Herald Sun guys haven't done their ladder predictions

This is just not true. We are only relying on Dockers to lose both, Blues can either WL or WD as long as the former is achieved and we win out. Herald Sun guys haven't done their ladder predictions
I think thats because Blues have higher percentage wise that we would need them to lose both. Unless we beat dees by a big margin to make up the percentage.
If carlton lose both and we win both, we go ahead by a game
If Carlton lose 1 and win 1, and we dont make up the percentage required, they will be ahead of us.

I think thats because Blues have higher percentage wise that we would need them to lose both. Unless we beat dees by a big margin to make up the percentage.
If carlton lose both and we win both, we go ahead by a game
If Carlton lose 1 and win 1, and we dont make up the percentage required, they will be ahead of us.
Oh yes I understand in that context, and they've probably written this before the 6+ Blues injuries were official. I just don't see where Blues scoring comes from at all at least for this week so I'm hoping for an Eagles boil-over so that % isn't even a factor :)

Oh yes I understand in that context, and they've probably written this before the 6+ Blues injuries were official. I just don't see where Blues scoring comes from at all at least for this week so I'm hoping for an Eagles boil-over so that % isn't even a factor :)
Yeah, this week for them is a danger game v eagles
They can win, if they find a way to score. Be very curious who comes in for mckay and curnow. Are they expected back next week?

Yeah, this week for them is a danger game v eagles
They can win, if they find a way to score. Be very curious who comes in for mckay and curnow. Are they expected back next week?
All listed as "1-2 weeks" on official injury list. Dare I say if they lose vs Eagles the Scum would be too proud to risk missing finals from here they'll wheel them out on the field if they have to - possibly at their own peril.

Games of relevance to follow:
  • Essendon vs Sydney = Sydney win
  • GWS vs Fremantle = GWS win
  • Collingwood vs Brisbane Lions = Collingwood win
  • Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne = North Melbourne win
  • West Coast vs Carlton = West Coast win
The most important of that lot outside of our own match is GWS vs Fremantle in my opinion followed by West Coast vs Carlton.

The most important of that lot outside of our own match is GWS vs Fremantle in my opinion followed by West Coast vs Carlton.
The north one has taken a hit with Sheezel been ruled out.

Coasters are now favourites on Sportsbet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back