Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll go the last option please.

It’ll make their supporters the least worst bearable next year.
It's a tough one.

Watching their spoon" winning abject failure was glorious, but so too was watching them build up hope but have us "close like the grim reaper" to destroy that hope.

Just found out today’s results and coming to grips with the consequences. Pretty cranky right now tbh. Tough year but I’m struggling with the fact we gave up so many leads in the last quarter as it just takes me back to 1970 as a 10 year old. Can I get a prescription for some cannabis gummies to help with this PTSD syndrome?🥴

When the family moved from Melbourne to Sydney in 1974 all anyone and everyone in Sydney knew about AFL and my beloved team was the term Colliwobbles. 50 years later……….
I’ll deal with it and be barracking as hard as ever next week and next year but struggling at the moment.
Thankfully I can share my grief with a bunch of likeminded Pies people here❤️.
Bring on 2025
My first real grief began in 66. 1964 hurt a little because my dad was upset but I was still just coming to understand and love the game but that one point loss to the Saints was a knife to the heart. Then of course our generation endured a nightmare no other fan of any club comes close to in terms of heart break.

To this day my son and his mate don't fully understand why me and his mate's dad are so jumpy and pessimistic when the finals come around and we are playing in them. I think that PTSD is a reality. Once bitten twice shy. Try 12 times bitten....very shy.

My first real grief began in 66. 1964 hurt a little because my dad was upset but I was still just coming to understand and love the game but that one point loss to the Saints was a knife to the heart. Then of course our generation endured a nightmare no other fan of any club comes close to in terms of heart break.

To this day my son and his mate don't fully understand why me and his mate's dad are so jumpy and pessimistic when the finals come around and we are playing in them. I think that PTSD is a reality. Once bitten twice shy. Try 12 times bitten....very shy.
Thankfully 66 didn’t get imprinted in me like 70. Oh well, I don’t want to dwell on my disappointment at not making finals after last year’s joy.
I think we’ll be contending again very soon and hope Fly and the team can put teams away when we have the upper hand late in games.

I think we have still played in more finals, won more finals, lost more finals than anyone else in the comp. Soon we’ll be clear on the GF victory tally😀. Go Pies!!!!!!!

Same here

only difference is my oldman and rest of family follow Richmond so I was on my lonesome

Thankfully 66 didn’t get imprinted in me like 70. Oh well, I don’t want to dwell on my disappointment at not making finals after last year’s joy.
I think we’ll be contending again very soon and hope Fly and the team can put teams away when we have the upper hand late in games.

I think we have still played in more finals, won more finals, lost more finals than anyone else in the comp. Soon we’ll be clear on the GF victory tally😀. Go Pies!!!!!!!

And the good news is - no other team will pass our flag tally this year.

Although I won’t rest until Carlton are knocked out of the race before or during the finals.

There is an argument that not having the bye could be an advantage if you get through with no injuries.
Everything can be argued - lots of arguments are poor however. It might help them win their second final (equivalent to their current first final) but what about their 3rd, 4th or 5th(flag)?

It's a tough one.

Watching their spoon" winning abject failure was glorious, but so too was watching them build up hope but have us "close like the grim reaper" to destroy that hope.

This is not something to get complacent about.

You don’t muck around and waste time juggling chainsaws for giggles.

The sooner Carlton’s season ends the better.

This is not something to get complacent about.

You don’t muck around and waste time juggling chainsaws for giggles.

The sooner Carlton’s season ends the better.
I can see your point, but still think it's worth spending some time thinking about the scenario that will maximise Carlton misery and our pleasure from viewing it.

Everything can be argued - lots of arguments are poor however. It might help them win their second final (equivalent to their current first final) but what about their 3rd, 4th or 5th(flag)?

The road to the premiership from 7th/8th should be incredibly hard, if u want it easy then u should finish top 4.

Blaming losses on umpiring decisions is loser talk.
Or, it’s just people that want to watch an entertaining game of footy that is exciting and isn’t decided by narcs with whistles in their mouths that want to control it…losing is definitely our fault, but the umps need to take responsibility for making the game harder to watch and get excited about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Road to the Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back