Autopsy Roast and toast vs Hawthorn and changes for Essendon

Best vs Hawks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Pickett has been average this year and has been called out by the media plenty of times. Cornes said he should’ve been dropped. Furthermore, Pickett has played under 50 games and is just 20 years old and he STILL averages more goals per game than George.

So basically, a 20 year old who is yet to hit fifty games having a down season is still outperforming George in three key statistics for a small forward (goals, tackles and tackles inside 50).

If anything, your post highlights just how bloody woeful George is.
And he was a 1st round pick and is expected to be at a higher level

After watching the VFL I'd be comfortable if the changes were:

Out: Balta, Nyuon, Pickett
In: Miller, Gibcus, Ross/Dow

Ross and Miller would not excite me one little bit. Would rather Tarrant than Milller.
Throwback to the good old days with the VFL playing a curtain raiser at the G on Saturday, early start at 2.45 but I’m heading in to watch. Hopefully they have the beers flowing.

Gates open at 2.30

Thanks for the heads up on that one mate. Might get there early for most of that one.

Lol. Pickett has been average this year and has been called out by the media plenty of times. Cornes said he should’ve been dropped. Furthermore, Pickett has played under 50 games and is just 20 years old and he STILL averages more goals per game than George.

So basically, a 20 year old who is yet to hit fifty games having a down season is still outperforming George in three key statistics for a small forward (goals, tackles and tackles inside 50).

I'd quoted that post to say exactly the same thing, it's a pretty terrible comparison to prove George's value (or lack there of)
Ross and Miller would not excite me one little bit. Would rather Tarrant than Milller.
So a 33 year old with hip issues that caused him to miss the 2nd half of a VFL match, over the guy who was arguably BOG for us in the same game?

Thanks for the heads up on that one mate. Might get there early for most of that one.
Don’t know if you have seen the VFL game but Tarrant was pretty poor. Played a half. Had 10 or so possessions and must have turned it over 6 or 7 times. Looks a little low on confidence maybe.
Miller was among the best in the first half.

I’d stay with Biggie for another week and back Grimes and Gibcus to be able to give him a chop out against Wright.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo going off tap about Lynch immediately after exhorting Essendon to hurt people… no self awareness.
PS: These are the same flogs that said nothing to see here after Dangerfield elbowed Vlaustin out of the 2020 GF!

This is the same Robbo who said the drugs saga is still hurting Essendon a decade later, and in the next sentence said Hird is in consideration to be the next coach of the Bombers and Robbo didn’t shoot that idea down. Whately called him out on it and Robbo didn’t have a viable response. He’s a fanboy who idolises Hird who can’t take his scarf off when providing commentary on the Bombers…. it’s embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but did anyone notice what happened when Dusty grabbed the ball, close in, in the pocket and pinged one through. Did anyone else notice that MRJ was hovering over the Hawks defender so Dusty just heaved him out of the way before he grabbed the ball!
Never seen that before!
What, like levitating?

Let’s be clear, I don’t rate George. But Pickett is a very highly skilled #12 draft pick playing forward in the best team in the comp and has played 47 games. George has more score involvements than Pickett and gets more of the ball and takes more marks.

What about Dan Butler who plays in a top-6 team?:

Possessions: 13.1 v 9.6
SI’s: 4.4 v 3.3
Goals: 1.0 v 0.6
GA’s: 0.7 v 0.8
Tackles: 1.9 v 4.5
Eff: 61% v 61%
Metres: 244m v 155m

Izak Rankine is a #2 draft pick whose stats are very similar to George as well.

The point is the small forward role is hard to play consistently and Pickett, Butler and Rankine prove this point.

Let’s be clear, I don’t rate George. But Pickett is a very highly skilled #12 draft pick playing forward in the best team in the comp and has played 47 games. George has more score involvements than Pickett and gets more of the ball and takes more marks.

What about Dan Butler who plays in a top-6 team?:

Possessions: 13.1 v 9.6
SI’s: 4.4 v 3.3
Goals: 1.0 v 0.6
GA’s: 0.7 v 0.8
Tackles: 1.9 v 4.5
Eff: 61% v 61%
Metres: 244m v 155m

Izak Rankine is a #2 draft pick whose stats are very similar to George as well.

The point is the small forward role is hard to play consistently and Pickett, Butler and Rankine prove this point.

Think George’s stats reflect that of most of those iffy “2nd” small forwards
Every team has one Geelong Miers & Dauhlouse, Saints - Butler, Sydney - Bell Brisbane - Rayner

You couldn’t literally find a similar player on every list getting similar numbers

HRS should take Pickett's spot after his excellent performance in the VFL and at 188cm and AS tough as STEEL looks like a genuine footballer. Really like him.
aNYONE SUGGESTING tARRANT to return must be dreaming as he went of with hip soreness and Biggie should stay before either him or Miller. I think he deserves a second look although he's not ready, but essendon is hopeless and I would prefer he plays.

Don't care if Darcy Parish touches it 55 times bc he's a handball into trouble king, terrible kick and poor decision maker. If I had to describe his effectiveness it would be someone farting in Werribee.

African (Ghana) but born Melbourne
They tried to use him last year and pass it off as if no one would notice
Next thing you know they'll put ginnivan in black face and try and pass him off.

We will have to be on our game this week … On The Couch guys really winding up the Bombers for this week…. You can bet ya balls the bombers will come out like mad men ….need to go at them hard and put them on the back foot straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back