Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Top 5 v North

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

serious nit picking with this one mate

Wanting examples of improvement but ruling out essentially every example because it was expected anyway

Seems like loaded question where you have made up your mind and weighted the possible responses to justify your position
seriously, who have you thought about this year 'that was unexpectedly good'?

HRS for me, Mansell, Seth?

Not that others haven't improved, just looking for out-performs

seriously, who have you thought about this year 'that was unexpectedly good'?

HRS for me, Mansell, Seth?

Not that others haven't improved, just looking for out-performs
Miller had a great start to the year before a recent form slump

Lefau super impressive for a first year player as well

Ross looked very good before injury

Exactly right- we didn't draft a decent key forward or any forwards for years even with Jack n Lynch getting older every year. Poor list management to not have had an eye on the future and having someone ready to step up when Jack and Lynch retire(d)
We actually did have chol and ccj specifically for these roles , lynch came in and jack kept on going so they left for more opportunities, mind blowing that we’ve neglected that to a point that our f50 is baron

spoon drinking GIF
Quality
But if anyone posted this on Geelongs board after their team beat them you’d cop a 1 year ban

Here are the VFL rules regarding player participation in finals, this may explain why Blight is playing VFL

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.

Unsure how many VFL games played by Blight so far but guessing 4-5

Here are the VFL rules regarding player participation in finals, this may explain why Blight is playing VFL

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.

Unsure how many VFL games played by Blight so far but guessing 4-5
He has now played 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 team next year
B-- C.smith - j.blight. - j.tresize
Hb- t Travaglia- j gibcus- t brown
C -- h.r.s -- f.osullivan -' s.banks
Hf- j.clark -' l.fawcett.-- j.berry
Ff- j.bauer -' c.gray. -- mjr
R - nank '- tarranto -- j smith
Int' x.lynsday- j.ross.- n balta-s Campbell
K. Mcaullife

We need to take a chill pill here.

We can afford to give the team time to build.

We will get some good players in the draft. We will get some of our oldies off the list.

Rebuild will not take that long.

Last game against gold coast will be pretty special with the last games for our club by a number of premiership champions.

This year is not too different from 2016

This year is completely different to 2016 it's more like 2008/09 era but with a stronger group to build around.

We had to start from scratch then but in 2016 we already had our A graders (Cotch, Jack, Dusty, Rance) with 100 games experience and in their prime.
We literally have nobody like that talent wise!

I can handle poor results

But name a player that Yze improved

Name a game day innovation he introduced (don’t mention the camel pls)

Surely he has been waiting for his chance to unleash his new ideas that have been brewing the last decade

I see no new ideas.

It’s not personal, it’s just business, I can see that he would be an excellent assistant coach and great club person.

I could be wrong.

Players that are have played better in 2024 than they played in 2023:

Hugo
Seth Campbell
Mansell
Miller
Brown
Rioli
Vlastuin
Nank
MRJ
Banks
K Smith

Any of those players play better in 2023 than they have in 2024?

This season has been a sh*t show due to injuries and senior players hitting the wall physically or mentally.

The progression of our youth has not been an issue IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

OMFG This is amazing. Glad i’m 12 cans in.

View attachment 2067963
Gee memories this is us pre game a few years ago. Far right Tiger71 as usual on the phone get all the latest Next to him me, middle is Tugga next to him Richo71 from memory lol and last far left Tiger Imposter photo taker CB17 producer hasenburg (forgot how to spell it lol) :family:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Back