Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Top 5 v North

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We all understand we are short on troops and new coach, new gameplan etc etc etc, and I think for the most part supporters are onboard as far as the pain we are going to suffer for the immediate future. I think for me, Yze just needs to show a bit more of an enforcer approach than Mr nice guy. If a player turns the ball over resulting in an opposition goal then make it known at the time and let the player in question have time on the bench to ponder what they have done.

Don't care if they are a seasoned campaigner or a 1st year player. We bring players off for a spell if they kick a goal, yet a player misses a target by a long way from 15 metres and from what I can see they more often than not stay out there. Get these guys off and reinforce the standard expected.

Obviously I don't see what occurs behind closed door player reviews on this front but on gameday the impression I get is that Yze is a little too accepting of mediocrity at times and in lieu is happy with the intention/effort. I do get this to a degree with the younger guys but my overall perception, rightly or wrongly, is that expections of player standards is less than what they were prior to Yze's arrival, especially in relation to the more experienced players.
My biggest issues with him is he sets low standards and doesn’t have equal standards for every player. senior players get a let off whilst younger players are practically dropped the following week for making less errors.

We need to take a chill pill here.

We can afford to give the team time to build.

We will get some good players in the draft. We will get some of our oldies off the list.

Rebuild will not take that long.

Last game against gold coast will be pretty special with the last games for our club by a number of premiership champions.

This year is not too different from 2016

List management with trading and drafting have failed us with Meehan as the cherry on top to totally destroying us.
The other issue was keeping stars too long and not moving on fringe players like Kmac and Graham earlier when they had currency.
JH and TT were a massive mistake.
U suggesting we should have retired jack and cotch short of 300 , TT and hopper were to fill vacancies of our retiring mids , we’ve been exposed in other areas like the forward line more than the midfield this year as we can’t score despite getting forward more than the oppo . Prob really only needed TT ,,,,The thing we should have done differently is R5 last year was start playing youth , not sure how much diff it would make to wheee we are now given the injuries we’ve had playing practically every single player on the list

Surely those calling for Yze to be replaced are just venting and aren't actually serious. That is back to early 80s type of knee jerk reactions where we had Jewell, then Bourke, then Patterson, then Sproule, then back to Jewell between 1981-1986. Let's just back the bloke in, who has had to deal with a season from hell in his first year and at least let him have a clear run at it for a couple of seasons where the list is built around what he wants and now having to make do with Hardwicks leftover sausages

U suggesting we should have retired jack and cotch short of 300 , TT and hopper were to fill vacancies of our retiring mids , we’ve been exposed in other areas like the forward line more than the midfield this year as we can’t score despite getting forward more than the oppo . Prob really only needed TT ,,,,The thing we should have done differently is R5 last year was start playing youth , not sure how much diff it would make to wheee we are now given the injuries we’ve had playing practically every single player on the list
TT and JH were poorly rated midfielders bc their disposal by foot undoes all their good work.
The club should’ve done their homework so that’s incompetence there.
Jack and Cotch weren’t the issue. It was more like Sheds , Grimes, Lambert and even Ashbury.
Castagna was cooked with Caddy and they lingered for too long. We got it all wrong in 21 as when we didn’t make the 8 the rebuild needed to start yet we took shortcuts and it’s now ugly.
Our youth are mostly rubbish so it doesn’t help as we stuffed up the 21 draft and the 22 trades killed any hope of getting better kids in.

but u said hawks were worse than us, which isnt true cos we're winning the spoon
And Yze has coached the worst Richmond team since 1897 with 15 premiership players and TT and JH on top. Sorry today wasn’t good enough and the season is a shambles and it’s on the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Yzehas coached the worst Richmond team since 1897 with 15 premiership players and TT and JH on top. Sorry today wasn’t good enough and the season is a shambles and it’s on the coach.
bucks woulda had this team in the 8 even with the injuires

The FIGJAM prick recommended him on the selection panel whilst Balmey was the entertaining guest speaker at the RFC Grannies function. 😜
even mini wouldve been better

Exactly right- we didn't draft a decent key forward or any forwards for years even with Jack n Lynch getting older every year. Poor list management to not have had an eye on the future and having someone ready to step up when Jack and Lynch retire(d)

how many have out-performed expected improvement though?

HRS?

Mansell maybe.

He has played the kids a fair bit, which is good.
serious nit picking with this one mate

Wanting examples of improvement but ruling out essentially every example because it was expected anyway

Seems like loaded question where you have made up your mind and weighted the possible responses to justify your position

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Back