Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hugo should never get another game again had an opportunity to cement a spot and blew it again how many times are we going to put up with his weak efforts
I got told he was doing ok on the game day thread bc he ran the most kilometres. I didn't realize we were playing little athletics out there. He's got no heart at the contest, sadly you can't teach that so must go.

I’m not angry about the loss but I’m pissed that kmac again doesn’t deliver and the list goes on Pickett ,Graham, HRS piss them all off asap

We should have traded Jayden short 2 years ago while he had currency those types of players are easy to replace and now he is worth zero and no team would have him imo

Hugo should never get another game again had an opportunity to cement a spot and blew it again how many times are we going to put up with his weak efforts
You want to make 3 unforced changes when we have 6 players to choose from?

What has Hopper done since he's been at TIGER LAND?
one good game out of 15? I wouldn't be calling him best 22. until he proves himself.
how many games he miss last season and this due to injuries. Hard to prove himself until he can get a good run at it.

22 touches, 7 inside 50s, 5 clearances, 3 tackles, 2.2 v Port Adelaide.

25 touches, 8 inside 50s, 3 clearances, 3 tackles, 2.1 v Sydney.

19 touches, 3 inside 50s, 2 clearances, 4 tackles, 4.1 v Saints.

21 touches, 2 inside 50s, 8 clearances, 1 tackle, 3.1 v Eagles.

I must have forgotten us dominating all these teams and Shai downhill skingg to rack up these stats. How odd.

He's literally been one of the top players in the league and kicked the 4th most goals league wide. No games have been easy so I do wonder how you can be a downhill skier when you're performing at an elite level in 1-5 team 🤔.

At some point you gotta wonder what you have against the guy, because it's not football related 😬
And how many of those touches were when we were under the pump. Great to get 8-10 touches in one quarter when the team is up and going, but needs to be more involved when we are struggling.
He is a highly talented player and love watching him when he is on fire, but does my head in when prances around being showy when we need him to be more effective.
My point originally being that if he is our best and most reliable player we have problems.
Shai is the cream on top, not the solid base we really need to build from.

Glad I didn't watch the game, but it's obvious the injuries we have copped over the past 5 weeks are taking a toll.

Our strategy should be simple, pick the best players in the MSD any players with niggles or senior players coming off shorter breaks should be rested.

It's going to be a long painful year.
The good old days....

For those who like to look deeper into players contested and uncontested stats plus turnovers etc this gives some good insight into our boys thus far.

Young, Sonsie, Short and Macintosh not tracking well enough below average. I guess time to throw sonsie into the deep end like Dow midfield and see if he's got it. Contested stuff low. Dow I don't know one week i think he shows a bit then next he looks scrawny as against the bigger mids and i don't believe he works hard enough contest to contest. This impacts his lack of involvement in chains around the ground.

The thing that I hate the most about the media is that flags don't seem to count for anything anymore except the month after ya win.

Media mobgrels like corn discount past success for here and now, don't read into the bullshit, if you had offered me 1 flag let alone 3,I'd take this situation for 15 years.

We need patience and a new medical department

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how many of those touches were when we were under the pump. Great to get 8-10 touches in one quarter when the team is up and going, but needs to be more involved when we are struggling.
He is a highly talented player and love watching him when he is on fire, but does my head in when prances around being showy when we need him to be more effective.
My point originally being that if he is our best and most reliable player we have problems.
Like most lightly build mids, I assume you are talking about when he plays midfield, because the ball barely went forward and when it did he scored our goals, they require some bulk in there to do the heavy lifting. Expecting lightweight mids against a WC's heavily built midfield to win the contested ball is optimistic.

Bolton pounces on loose balls and is away. There was little loose ball yesterday as they were too strong inside and quick and powerful on the outside. Plus they had their dander up, hard to stop a side that got a sniff after years of hell. It was boys against men all over the park.

I don't know, how many? Please tell me. How do you even qualify what under the pump is?

Not to mention when you're team is under the pump, all players numbers are down. That's why you're under the pump. Especially for a guy that gets most his touches in the forward half, if your teams getting done, then youre not getting the ball forward are you?

He's one of the most damaging players in the league, so why is it a problem that he's our best? Silly

Richmond v Saints. 3Q. Saints kick 6.6 and Richmond kick 2.0 - Shai kicked both of those goals. Is that under the pump?

Richmond v Sydney. 4Q. Games on the line and Bolton has 8 touches and kicks our only goal of the quarter.

Downhill skier 🤔

We need to go poaching younger players from gws and sun's
Yeh we should be aiming for this bargain players that are talented but just can't get a game because of they have so many.

You can pick up those type of players for 3rd or late second and helps build up the amount of young talent quickly

I would bring in Smith for Short next week and Cumberland for whomever.
Smith looks ready and who cares what Cumberland has done or not done or this or that, we need more unpredictability right now.

Without Lynch and Balta or structures are all wrong so we need to play to our strengths. Kick the ball to space up forward, get it on the grass and have dynamic players there who have some goal sense and have pace, Martin, Bolton, Lefau, MRJ, Cumberland, Mansell.

Maybe even plonk Ryan up there for the long ball when we need to, then get at his feet.

100% agree. thank god we got three flags because the way our list is at the moment we are going nowhere.

If we don't stock up on great young talent we are done for a very long time.
Prestia and grimes should retire.
hopper and TT should be D listed with a capital D.
and we should be getting some pace in the midfield who can also use the ball.
We cannot undo the TT and Hopper deals so get over it and move on. However you are right about getting more speed and ball use in the midfield. Was disappointed Yze didn't give Sonsie a go in the midfield. Or swap Graham back and put D Rioli in the middle. If our mids aren't back after the bye I would give Cumberland or Smith a go in the centre. West coast kicked 16 goals to 6 after the first 15 minutes of the game. What is the value of stability if the worst team in the competition is kicking almost 3 goals to 1 against you. Don't do nothing, throw the magnets around and see if we can find something that works.

Richmond v Saints. 3Q. Saints kick 6.6 and Richmond kick 2.0 - Shai kicked both of those goals. Is that under the pump?

Richmond v Sydney. 4Q. Games on the line and Bolton has 8 touches and kicks our only goal of the quarter.

Downhill skier 🤔
Ahh dem facts

The kid needs to be played in a position that suits him which in this team is probably on the wing. To do that we need to drop KMac. Surely after this game he has to be dropped. If HRS can't make it then let's find out and then delist him.

The thing that I hate the most about the media is that flags don't seem to count for anything anymore except the month after ya win.

Media mobgrels like corn discount past success for here and now, don't read into the bullshit, if you had offered me 1 flag let alone 3,I'd take this situation for 15 years.

We need patience and a new medical department
I almost misunderstood the BOLDED as a contradiction there mate. Lucky you got your spelling right. lol

I understand the point you're making.

I'm asking the question that what is the point in banking an early draft pick when your midfield is VFL quality? Unless you accept that we fall as low as North and WCE have in the past couple seasons (which I personally don't), then a bigger priority back then would be to ensure that a blackhole appears in our midfield.

You can carry an older key fwd much more easier than an older midfielder, and you can also make do with make shift fwds much easier than make shift midfielders. Did today not show this perfectly? Did we watch the same game today?

The club clearly agrees since they went and got 2 midfielders. So going by that logic, if the club chose to not trade for those midfielders, then they would have tried to draft them instead.

Which leads me to ask the question, who are those midfielders?

You keep generalising about "banking youth", so name names then. Who would you have picked with the picks we had instead?
Our midfield isn’t vfl qty when we have TT and Ross available, numbers prove that against top 4 sides
Not sure what the hysterics are expecting with 16 unavailable, alas at least we will get a top 2 pic and ooze can Infuse the list with some much needed top end talent . Everyone adjust your expectations and put your misery away and enjoy the journey

there midfield had kids also and our backs were under the pump bc of our clearance loss after red time in the first. djspank posted this at the start of the last during game day , but i think he meant 27min mark of the first quarter.

View attachment 1960183
Theyve been shit for so long that their kids are all top end talent, we havent had that luxury. They also had Yeo and Kelly, two very mature bodies with one playing his best game in years.

You cant compare their midfield to what we played.
Their key backs much better than ours

You have to look at our outs, and if you cant see that as a reason for such a loss, then you dont want to, because its clear as day.

No team has the injuries' we have, in fact, its not even close.

Lets look at,

Short Gibcus Tresize
Grimes
Ross Prestia
Balta
Lynch
Hopper TT

Now you can argue that some are maybe not best 18, but you could also argue that they are, and that's at least half our best side not playing, HALF FFS

You can nit pick, you can point the finger, you can carry on, but the facts are, HALF our best team is not playing, ****ING HALF! Let that sink in. No team can cover that, not one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Back