Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Best 5 vs Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Theyve been s**t for so long that their kids are all top end talent, we havent had that luxury. They also had Yeo and Kelly, two very mature bodies with one playing his best game in years.

You cant compare their midfield to what we played.
Their key backs much better than ours

You have to look at our outs, and if you cant see that as a reason for such a loss, then you dont want to, because its clear as day.

No team has the injuries' we have, in fact, its not even close.

Lets look at,

Short Gibcus Tresize
Grimes
Ross Prestia
Balta
Lynch
Hopper TT

Now you can argue that some are maybe not best 18, but you could also argue that they are, and that's at least half our best side not playing, HALF FFS

You can nit pick, you can point the finger, you can carry on, but the facts are, HALF our best team is not playing, ******* HALF! Let that sink in. No team can cover that, not one.
Someone with common sense I like. Take all them out of Geelong they would struggle.

Someone with common sense I like. Take all them out of Geelong they would struggle.
Any team would, its not even just the numbers, its the position and importance.

We cannot undo the TT and Hopper deals so get over it and move on. However you are right about getting more speed and ball use in the midfield. Was disappointed Yze didn't give Sonsie a go in the midfield. Or swap Graham back and put D Rioli in the middle. If our mids aren't back after the bye I would give Cumberland or Smith a go in the centre. West coast kicked 16 goals to 6 after the first 15 minutes of the game. What is the value of stability if the worst team in the competition is kicking almost 3 goals to 1 against you. Don't do nothing, throw the magnets around and see if we can find something that works.
I can't undo that one, but I agree with the rest of your post.
I said we are finishing bottom 4 this year and most laughed, this is going to be a slap in the face for most people.
We are not shit, but we are missing a chunk of talent.

I can't undo that one, but I agree with the rest of your post.
I said we are finishing bottom 4 this year and most laughed, this is going to be a slap in the face for most people.
We are not s**t, but we are missing a chunk of talent.
You will be right due to our injuries, not our talent. hardly gloat worthy.

Theyve been s**t for so long that their kids are all top end talent, we havent had that luxury. They also had Yeo and Kelly, two very mature bodies with one playing his best game in years.

You cant compare their midfield to what we played.
Their key backs much better than ours

You have to look at our outs, and if you cant see that as a reason for such a loss, then you dont want to, because its clear as day.

No team has the injuries' we have, in fact, its not even close.

Lets look at,

Short Gibcus Tresize
Grimes
Ross Prestia
Balta
Lynch
Hopper TT

Now you can argue that some are maybe not best 18, but you could also argue that they are, and that's at least half our best side not playing, HALF FFS

You can nit pick, you can point the finger, you can carry on, but the facts are, HALF our best team is not playing, ******* HALF! Let that sink in. No team can cover that, not one.
So you quote me on the talent of their kids and put up a list of mostly old farts which shows how poor our list is as the old farts with the current kids will not win us a flag? We lost 4 picks on kids the last two years . Some of our kids have been on the list for 4-6 years so the excuses are pathetic for them. What you're basically saying is our kids are inferior to theirs , which was one of my points. We had JGTI , KMAC , Pickett and a plethora of other experience, but they're list cloggers and can't get the job done anymore. So you think Prestia and Hopper and Tranto will improve our midfield to be a premiership side as this is what DH told us? Last year tells me not. We need to do exactly what you've hinted and bottom out and get our jets like they've been doing. Unfortunately Clarke was terrible for most of his time. You have contradicted yourself and supported my argument. Thank you for that.

Last edited:
For those who like to look deeper into players contested and uncontested stats plus turnovers etc this gives some good insight into our boys thus far.

Young, Sonsie, Short and Macintosh not tracking well enough below average. I guess time to throw sonsie into the deep end like Dow midfield and see if he's got it. Contested stuff low. Dow I don't know one week i think he shows a bit then next he looks scrawny as against the bigger mids and i don't believe he works hard enough contest to contest. This impacts his lack of involvement in chains around the ground.

Agree that we need to chuck Sons in the midfield rotation

With Dow, he’s played every game this season in the guts and copped an injury…must be pretty knackered
I can excuse him for switching off and on…he’ll develop consistency…and bulk (hopefully)

Last edited:
So you quote me on the talent of their kids and put up a list of mostly old farts which shows how poor our list is? We lost 4 picks on kids the last two years . Some of our kids have been on the list for 4-6 years so the excuses are pathetic for them. What you're basically saying is our kids are inferior to theirs , which was one of my points. We had JGTI , KMAC , Pickett and a plethora of other experience, but they're list cloggers and can't get the job done anymore. So you think Prestia and Hopper and Tranto will improve our midfield to be a premiership side as this is what DH told us? Last year tells me not. We need to do exactly what you've hinted and bottom out and get our jets like they've been doing. Unfortunately Clarke was terrible for most of his time. You have contradicted yourself and supported my argument. Thank you for that.
Nice picking choosing there old balls ;)

Firstly, apologies as not all of that rant was aimed at you or that one post, but the melts, including yours are ridiculous given our circumstances.

The list of injuries are hardly a list of old farts FFS, come one mate, I reckon you could wake getting a blow job probably complain you were sleeping.

Simple, we tank to get 1 top 10 pick and another in the top 20. Lunch and Dusty to play a few games here and there get them both right for 2025. Let the kids develop and have a solid 10-15 games experience. Overhaul our high performance team is the priority.

Lets plan for next year, realistically this year is over.
Ummmm - we don't have to be tanking to ensure a top 10 pick :huh:

every team has injuries, we got beaten by the bottom team by a fair margin, if we had a chunk of young talent we wouldn't be sitting close to the bottom of the ladder.
That's just a ridiculous statement when you look at our list of outs and the respective positions.

The AFL average for medium to long term injuries by rd 5 is 3.5.

We have 17, 17!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you quote me on the talent of their kids and put up a list of mostly old farts which shows how poor our list is as the old farts with the current kids will not win us a flag? We lost 4 picks on kids the last two years . Some of our kids have been on the list for 4-6 years so the excuses are pathetic for them. What you're basically saying is our kids are inferior to theirs , which was one of my points. We had JGTI , KMAC , Pickett and a plethora of other experience, but they're list cloggers and can't get the job done anymore. So you think Prestia and Hopper and Tranto will improve our midfield to be a premiership side as this is what DH told us? Last year tells me not. We need to do exactly what you've hinted and bottom out and get our jets like they've been doing. Unfortunately Clarke was terrible for most of his time. You have contradicted yourself and supported my argument. Thank you for that.

I think the very fact you use a single game to compare lists means your opinion holds no weight. Upsets happen, worse teams beat better teams, players have good games and bad games.

That's a pretty shit way to evaluate list strength. What does that same logic say about this list?

That's just a ridiculous statement when you look at our list of outs and the respective positions.

The AFL average for medium to long term injuries by rd 5 is 3.5.

We have 17, 17!
please name the 17 injuries? and while you're at it that's the reason for our loss?

please name the 17 injuries? and while you're at it that's the reason for our loss?
go to the injury thread, but yes that is the reason for our loss, obviously.

I think the very fact you use a single game to compare lists means your opinion holds no weight. Upsets happen, worse teams beat better teams, players have good games and bad games.

That's a pretty s**t way to evaluate list strength. What does that same logic say about this list?
no i use my eyes from past two seasons and DH saying we were his best list ever and only to be doing deals after 5 games to move elsewhere. lol
He knew like others like me that we were cooked.

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Noah BaltaKnee4-6 weeks
Jacob BauerHamstring4-6 weeks
Mate ColinaBackTBC - long term
Thomson DowAnkleTest
Liam FawcettBackTBC - long term
Josh GibcusACLSeason
Jack GrahamQuadTest
Dylan GrimesWristTest
Jacob HopperKnee2-3 weeks
Tom LynchHamstring10-12 weeks
Kane McAuliffeAnkleTest
Dion PrestiaHamstring3 weeks
James TreziseAnkle3-5 weeks
Updated: April 9, 2024
So we need to remove McAuliff, Dow and Graham from the list, taking it to 10, but need to add Taranto, Ross, Clarke and Short. So 14 by my count. Of that 14, Balta, Gibcus, Hopper, Lynch, Prestia, Taranto, Ross and Short are all best 23. So 8 out to be fair and objective. Trezise is borderline if you want to get technical and I left Grimes out. So some could argue 9 or 10 out.

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Noah BaltaKnee4-6 weeks
Jacob BauerHamstring4-6 weeks
Mate ColinaBackTBC - long term
Thomson DowAnkleTest
Liam FawcettBackTBC - long term
Josh GibcusACLSeason
Jack GrahamQuadTest
Dylan GrimesWristTest
Jacob HopperKnee2-3 weeks
Tom LynchHamstring10-12 weeks
Kane McAuliffeAnkleTest
Dion PrestiaHamstring3 weeks
James TreziseAnkle3-5 weeks
Updated: April 9, 2024
So we need to remove McAuliff, Dow and Graham from the list, taking it to 10, but need to add Taranto, Ross, Clarke and Short. So 14 by my count. Of that 14, Balta, Gibcus, Hopper, Lynch, Prestia, Taranto, Ross and Short are all best 23. So 8 out to be fair and objective. Trezise is borderline if you want to get technical and I left Grimes out. So some could argue 9 or 10 out.
Prestia is cooked this year, as I said all teams have injuries. As I also said if we had a chunk of young talent we wouldn't be sitting close to the bottom of the ladder. If we had played our youngsters through 21 -23 we probably wouldn't be in this position.

Prestia is cooked this year, as I said all teams have injuries. As I also said if we had a chunk of young talent we wouldn't be sitting close to the bottom of the ladder. If we had played our youngsters through 21 -23 we probably wouldn't be in this position.

I think your take is incorrect. But that's ok, it's the internet. You're entitled to your POV.

Unfortunately when we get our full fit lot back he will drop the kids . Bet on it.

Thats like saying, all teams wins games or all teams lose games. Its so narrow minded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast R5 vs West Coast & Changes for The Bye

Back