Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I would love to see a list of all the instances of Cotch being a sniper/dirty. I feel people are still just angry that he got off the Shiel bump in 2017 to play the grand final and that's all there is to it.
Things exploded again in the final against the saints over a tackle that slipped high. All the commentary around it was brought up again.

Genuinely have no idea where it all started though?
It started because big footy posting boof-heads who cant control their base instincts and prejudices are offended that Cotch is a sensitive new-age family guy who respects his wife and loves his children - does not play to their understanding of "grunt - tough man plays footy whilst wife keeps quiet in kitchen" typecast...

The fact that on the field, Cotch is a genuine hard contested but fair footballer contradicts this belief - the knobs.

Honestly, I would love to see a list of all the instances of Cotch being a sniper/dirty. I feel people are still just angry that he got off the Shiel bump in 2017 to play the grand final and that's all there is to it.
Things exploded again in the final against the saints over a tackle that slipped high. All the commentary around it was brought up again.

Genuinely have no idea where it all started though?
Agree Cotchin's just hard at the ball he is no sniper, never seen him go the man.

It started because big footy posting boof-heads who cant control their base instincts and prejudices are offended that Cotch is a sensitive new-age family guy who respects his wife and loves his children - does not play to their understanding of "grunt - tough man plays footy whilst wife keeps quiet in kitchen" typecast...

The fact that on the field, Cotch is a genuine hard contested but fair footballer contradicts this belief - the knobs.
It's appalling the way he is percieved.
I feel it's the same having conversations about Reiwoldt and people still refer to him as a sook because of his on-field behaviour over a decade ago. Can't accept that he became the ultimate team man and a genuine top 3 in the key forwards of the last 10 years.

100%. I used to love the way Budda Hocking played back in the days where you gave it out and got it back. Hocking was as hard as nails and unlike Cotchin he would give it out sometimes illegally, but just enough to get away with it. Not dirty, but almost. Things were tougher back then in that respect.

Cotchin as you say is that sort but in today's footy which has far less 'grunt'. His hit on Shiel was professional and hard but fair, just. He led the way into that finals campaign by his attack on the ball, and it spread to of the rest of the team. Selwood, Hodge and Cotchin were all cut from the same cloth, and that is why all three have a swag of Premiership medals. Great leaders that led by their deeds. Some supporters hate Cotchin because he represented the 'Richmond way', which they hate because previously to that we were easy pickings - the knobs.

Wow, I hadn’t heard that story! But given that the guy’s number one attribute seems to have been his size (203 centimetres/116 kilos), I’m guessing the Footscray player wasn’t the brightest bulb in the pack. I think someone once opined that Lounder was just far too slow for AFL level (which makes you wonder why they couldn’t have figured that out before using the number one draft pick on him!).

I have a mate who played with and against Richard Lounder in under 17s and under 19s. He was actually quite skilled and mobile for his size and played some great early football for Centrals in the SANFL.
Not saying he would have been a star or anything like that, but his failure to carve out a decent career was all about conditioning, preparation and his lazy attitude.
Remember, these were different times in the AFL/VFL. Players trained three nights a week after work or study. It's not the full-on, full-time commitment it was these days.
The Flea Weightman references some of the issues in his book. Lounder would simply not turn up to training some nights and would always have an excuse, such as 'my car has broken down ... again'.
Apparently one night a club official turned up at his house to see why he hadn't come to training and Lounder was on the couch with a lovely looking lass with dozen or more VB cans on the coffee table.
He wouldn't last four weeks these days in the system, let alone the 15 months he did back then.
Make no mistake, he had ability, but zero application and work rate.

So which Cat player is going to take out which Tiger this time?

We had Danger knocking Vlastuin out in the GF

Hawkins pushing Balta square in the back into Soldo, taking him out of footy for 18 months

Stewart absolutely taking Dions head off last year

The Cats have a real habit of injuring our players….
The 4 umpires have put paid to Scott’s blueprint to beat the tigers , that is KO our prime mover with gutless sniping thuggery. 3p in it last time

I cant get the still on the you tube clip that I could off footage at the time Cotchin Shiel
I was confident Trent hadn't transgressed , but was nervous about the tribunal/mro just the same

My take is
the ball was in dispute
Trent come in low and hard
Trent got his head over the ball first
the initial contact was point of shoulder to point of shoulder
trent , the whole time had his eyes on the ball, and gathers the ball

I strongly believe Trent's intent wasn't to go head or legs , rather shift his body off the line of the ball and get possession
and that he did

there was a lot of "talk" about Trent taking his head out ,
all the footage after of Shiel clutching his shoulder , says he was hit in the shoulder
and it hurt like all hell , I don't think he was pretending

1683517054592.png

1683517109855.png

1683517036137.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put Milller on Hawkins and put Young forward. What do we have to lose? If Soldo is not available then bring Biggie in as second ruck.
Why would we play Young forward when he's showing great promise as a key defender?

He kicked straight sure but his goals were due being in the right place at the right time. They either came from the hard work of others or horrendous mistakes from West C.
He kicked straight.

That is literally something we haven't done ALL YEAR. So credit where credits due, he was the game breaker . If he didn't kick those goals we would of done the same shit and choked

Taranto into equal 17th in the coaches votes....Kane.

View attachment 1682004

He does love a good jumper punch...

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I cant get the still on the you tube clip that I could off footage at the time Cotchin Shiel
I was confident Trent hadn't transgressed , but was nervous about the tribunal/mro just the same

My take is
the ball was in dispute
Trent come in low and hard
Trent got his head over the ball first
the initial contact was point of shoulder to point of shoulder
trent , the whole time had his eyes on the ball, and gathers the ball

I strongly believe Trent's intent wasn't to go head or legs , rather shift his body off the line of the ball and get possession
and that he did

there was a lot of "talk" about Trent taking his head out ,
all the footage after of Shiel clutching his shoulder , says he was hit in the shoulder
and it hurt like all hell , I don't think he was pretending

View attachment 1681833

View attachment 1681835

View attachment 1681832
It was Astbury that collided with him the next quarter that gave him concussion. Please find that incident

Back