Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Close suspended, Dangerfield injured, Stengle still out, Henry still out, Menegola still out, Guthrie still out, Rohan still out, Stanley still out. Couldn't get the cats at a better time.
That brad close suspension is bullshit how can a tackler control a tackle with a player falling forward

They were dark days indeed. Mind you, the side did have a presidential feel when Richard Nixon got a game.
Indeed. The only bigger inclusion was the other Richard. The legendary Richard Lounder. He kicked 4 in an early season win against North and I'm fairly certain that our season took a sharp nosedive the very next week or maybe the week after. I don't even think he touched the ball again let alone score.

There was an incident that really highlights how differently the game was officiated back then, albeit in a reserves match. It was a week or 2 before the North game and we were playing Footscray (we won easily, which is ironic given how our season turned to 💩 seemingly just as easily).

Lounder was yet to debut in the seniors and was resting at full forward near the end of the reserves game when he led out and marked on his chest only 15-20 metres out dead in front. As he was jogging to his mark (still with his back to goal) a dog's player came across to try and force the much, much bigger Lounder to go around him. RL, much to the delight of the all Richmond crowd at the Punt Rd end goals, simply (but forcefully) introduced his left elbow to the poor sod's jaw, knocking him out cold.

Result: The giant potato went back and calmly slotted the goal as the Dogs player was carried off. No report, not even a free against him for it, lol. From memory he made his career highlight debut against North the next week.

Last edited:
Brad Close suspended, Dangerfield injured, Stengle still out, Henry still out, Menegola still out, Guthrie still out, Rohan still out, Stanley still out. Couldn't get the cats at a better time.
Their defence is elite though and we struggle to score.

I'm worried about Hawkins and Cameron. They can potentially monster our backline.

I'm worried about Hawkins and Cameron. They can potentially monster our backline.
All about the pressure we put on their forward entries. If we can do that we're in with a chance. Grimes to Cameron and Balta to Hawkins I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed. The only bigger inclusion was the other Richard. The legendary Richard Lounder. He kicked 4 in an early season win against North and I'm fairly certain that our season took a sharp nosedive the very next week or maybe the week after. I don't even think he touched the ball again let alone score.

There was an incident that really highlights how differently the game was officiated back then, albeit in a reserves match. It was a week or 2 before the North game and we were playing Footscray (we won easily, which is ironic given how our season turned to 💩 seemingly just as easily).

Lounder was yet to debut in the seniors and was resting at full forward near the end of the reserves game when he led out and marked on his chest only 15-20 metres out dead in front. As he was jogging to his mark (still with his back to goal) a dog's player came across to try and force the much, much bigger Lounder to go around him. RL, much to the delight of the all Richmond crowd at the Punt Rd end goals, simply (but forcefully) introduced his left elbow to the poor sod's jaw, knocking him out cold.

Result: The giant potato went back and calmly slotted the goal as the Dogs player was carried off. No report, not even a free against him for it, lol. From memory he made his career highlight debut against North the next week.
Maybe Lounder fancies one or two ruck contests in the Pussies forward line next week?

Balta to Cameron
who plays on Hawkins , hasnt grimes gone to him previous
I'd look at playing Broad on Cameron. He's done a number on Chol and Darling since coming back. Broad has the tank to go with him all over the ground. Jezza has too high footy IQ for Balta IMO. Balta has the strength to match Hawkins and got him covered athletically.

Last edited:
Their defence is elite though and we struggle to score.

Solution. As Donald Trump says
"Grab em by the Gelong" then,
"You can do anything"

I'd look at playing Broad on Cameron. He's done a number on Chol and Darling since coming back. Broad the tank to go with him all over the ground. Jezza has too high footy IQ for Balta IMO. Balta has the strength to match Hawkins and got him covered athletically.
I think you’re right Balta has gone to Hawkins previous, reckon grimes may have gone to Cameron before , either he or broad

reckon he will outdo rd3 2019 vs us?

View attachment 1681352
I don’t think so , weve got players back now , midfield has played well last couple of weeks , it’s goals that have been the challenge . With danger out they have a young mid group , I expect we will take the game right up to them , it’s a dead set danger game

So which Cat player is going to take out which Tiger this time?

We had Danger knocking Vlastuin out in the GF

Hawkins pushing Balta square in the back into Soldo, taking him out of footy for 18 months

Stewart absolutely taking Dions head off last year

The Cats have a real habit of injuring our players….

Back