Autopsy Roast & toast vs Saints, changes for Cotchin’s final home game

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that has bugged me all season is our forward line set up. When are we going to start playing genuine forwards?

We have constantly filled roles down their with the likes of Pickett and Graham and it is madness that we keep rotating players through like Hopper, Cotch, Baker, Short, Prestia etc.

I can understand Dusty and Shai rotating through but no wonder some of these blokes get no consistency to their games they are moved around that much.

Out of all our midfield options Taranto is the best option to play a forward role, I would back him in for goals more than I would Dusty.

Baker to me should be midfield, he has a dip every bloody week.

If Graham plays he has to play as either a tagger or a genuine centreman, he is not a winger and he is not a flanker. If he can't do those first two roles then he doesn't play.

Problem being, as plenty have alluded to, Graham is nowhere near the midfielder Dusty, Taranto, Prestia, Hopper, Bolton, Baker, or even Cotch (right now) is - or Jack Ross for that matter.
So he shouldn't and doesn't get the gig in there.
But they are obsessed with playing him, so they find a less suitable or any role for him.
On team balance, he doesn't play!

You really need to stop making sense, that’s exactly what it looks like and I remember an old Cheech and Chong skit, looks like dogshit smells like dogshit tastes like dogshit…..
coach knows hes leaving,doesnt think,he knows, so signs up a cooked 32yr old on the way out,some call it sabotage,id agreee with em
remember the days when RFC tapped club legends on the shoulder like Sheedy,Balme end of '79 ? neek minnit 1980, Premiership,whod of thort:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Don’t think it was our on ball brigade that was the issue yesterday

We won the midfield battle with more centre clearances and contested ball

The issue was more our outside Mids and wings
We didn’t have anyone offer to be viable marking targets when kicking long down the line and the saints did chopping off our counter attacks out of D50 but also they failed to work hard enough to provide viable options for a switch once again forcing long kicks down the line that got picked off

Kmac, Graham, Pickett, Soldo failed in that department

That forced Bauer and Jack to push higher up the ground but in term that left our forward line with only one marking target making it easy for Saints defence to set up

We didn’t have anyone offer to be viable marking targets when kicking long down the line and the saints did chopping off our counter attacks out of D50 but also they failed to work hard enough to provide viable options for a switch once again forcing long kicks down the line that got picked off

That forced Bauer and Jack to push higher up the ground but in term that left our forward line with only one marking target making it easy for Saints defence to set up

KMAC and Pickett belong in the VFL. We need upgrades on both positions.

KMAC and Pickett belong in the VFL. We need upgrades on both positions.
Issue is that it’s the same position as well

Both meant to be our taller wingers
Neither are viable marking targets for long kicks down the line or offering that run to be an outlet option in space

Our only half decent winger yesterday was Ross but it’s hard work to do that on his own

Our defenders also pretty poor but I put some of it down purely to the amount of times they need to defend the quick rebound attacks they are facing

Hard to be organised if the players up the ground aren’t putting in the work

Coulthard showed some signs again. He has a touch of class and has smart, I like his decision making. I think he has a strong chance of making it. I think he is a talent.

Bauer made inroads to. He definitely needs more games to help him grow and develop even down back as well as forward
Should be played every week. More they play, the better they will get.

Should be played every week. More they play, the better they will get.
Can’t really fault any of our younger players yesterday it was our senior boys who let them down

Ross, Young, Coulthard, Dow and Bauer all played to expectations and even guys like Young and Dow going above and beyond and playing better than the established names

None should be facing the axe this week

our forward line looks like it's been outnumbered for weeks, this is definitely a coaching situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s Cotchins & Probably Riewoldts last game in front of us

This NEEDS to be a win, a bloody good win mind you

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
youre right GIF

our forward line looks like it's been outnumbered for weeks, this is definitely a coaching situation.
Out numbered because or forwards are going long periods without seeing an inside 50 so they push up the ground leaving us a forward or two short when we finally do get an inside 50

Which means that our mids are not doing their job.
Depends what you mean by mids

Our on ball bregade absolutely are

It’s the rebounds that are hurting us with our wingers who are a part of the midfield group who are dropping the ball

Even our Rucks who are not taking or at least bringing to ground those long kicks down the line that we are being forced to do because our wingers aren’t working hard enough

I’m really starting to hate Balta as our man down back, he’s consistently conceding match winning bag’s to his opponents

Might be a great interceptor but his defensive game overall is dog s**t, must be close to conceding 1000 goals this season

I want him in the middle
Last month in particular I reckon he’s been really poor, was very good prior to that ,, teammates aren’t helping him however he’s being caught out too often

Perfect time to bring in some kids but it won't happen , Bradke , Brown should come in
Regardless of form we need to have a look

Not really, if we play the kids against North and North thump us, 90% of posters in here will lose their collective minds LOL

"North youth better than ours" "The sky is falling"

I'd rather we played a tired old team and lose to North instead. We are in for a few years of pain, 1 more week isn't going to make a difference.

Maybe some ok looking youngsters. But speed is more critical these days. Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin not quick. Pickett runs hard for a chase down tackle but otherwise runs half pace with ball and he and McIntosh just don’t use speed. Graham slow. What midfielder do we have who isn’t slow? Bolton. Ross not quick and nor is Dow or Sonsie. Where is the speed on the list coming through? Big issue for me

I’m really starting to hate Balta as our man down back, he’s consistently conceding match winning bag’s to his opponents

Might be a great interceptor but his defensive game overall is dog s**t, must be close to conceding 1000 goals this season

I want him in the middle
Probably has more to do with the ease in which the opposition has moved the ball across the ground in the last few weeks. Our team defense was much better a couple of months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast vs Saints, changes for Cotchin’s final home game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back