Rumour Robbie Williams AFL grand final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt surprise if Kylie showed up to do kids with him
It would be unreal if she did. I kinda feel if she hasn't already done the grand final there's a reason for it, maybe she costs too much or thinks it's beneath her.

Her last album was garbage though so maybe it's time.

He'll drop an Australian classic too. He covered Men at Work on his 2018 tour. Would pretty lazy to do that again, maybe You're The Voice, Under the Milky Way, or Throw Your Arms Around Me would be good.

He's probably camp enough to cover Kylie if he dared.
Could get Kylie on for a ‘Kids’ duet!

Win win win.

Can’t understand the negativity on this one. Relative to some of the utter cringe we’ve been subjected to over the years Williams is probably as good as we can expect.

He’s an entertainer used to large venues, the whole crowd has actually heard some of the songs before and as far as I’m aware his voice hasn’t gone to s***.
Agreed. For half time put ABBA avatars up on the big screen. The whole world went crazy over that a few months back....

Not sure why everybody wants Australians bands either. Australia might be the worst producers of music in the world. Our bands stink and always have
I don't know man, birds of Tokyo are awesome, just listen to the updated West Coast song, it's just so awesome.
I was at that gig. He was brilliant. Possibly the best live performance I've seen ... and I've seen plenty.

Most of the GF performances have been uninspiring. Ed Sheeran ... FFS!! Best one was Hunters & Collectors.

Having said that, I'm old, so perhaps my opinion doesn't count?
You're old is only one box ticked, white and male are the other two.
My boomer parents are hyped. Man your about to see slot of rich old white boomers at the AFL Grand final
Is Robbie Williams the man equivalent of pink? Pretty sure you have to be a middle aged woman to be a pink fan, so perhaps you need to be a middle aged man to be a Robbie Williams fan?
Let Me Entertain You, that's a banger. Don't listen to anyone who says it isn't.
Correct if you're talking about queens let me entertain you.

Can’t understand the negativity on this one. Relative to some of the utter cringe we’ve been subjected to over the years Williams is probably as good as we can expect.

He’s an entertainer used to large venues, the whole crowd has actually heard some of the songs before and as far as I’m aware his voice hasn’t gone to s***.

Me neither and I can't stand his music. By AFL GF standards this is a high quality act.

Some of the current chart toppers would draw blank stares anyway. Plenty of corporates in their 40s/50s who were young when he was huge. Good fit, for better or worse.
Completely agree. If you get a current chart topper or a current Australian act, 80% of the crowd will be scratching their heads wondering who it is. I don’t really like his work but he is a good choice for the GF.

Probably not allowed to sing that anymore in this day of PC madness....
As someone who is pretty left-wing, I have to say there is no issue with being dirty or suggestive. Stuff like Blurred Lines - which plays on the idea of “I know you want it but you won’t tell me” - that’s what gets you cancelled.

Surely with Neighbours ending we could get Kylie and Jason together for a duet?
Why stop there? Get all the Ramsey St. favourites back.
Would love to see Craig McLaughlin & Check 1-2 busting into "Hey Mona!" before Craigy boy strips off and gives us a little bit of "Sweet Transvestite".

Why stop there? Get all the Ramsey St. favourites back.
Would love to see Craig McLaughlin & Check 1-2 busting into "Hey Mona!" before Craigy boy strips off and gives us a little bit of "Sweet Transvestite".
I hear Craig’s pretty available these days so I think it’s a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know who he is
She’s one of the biggest artists of the last three years. It’s pretty much her, Bad Bunny, Taylor Swift, BTS, Bieber, Ariana Grande, The Weeknd.

But that’s kind of the point - if you get someone in their prime, everyone over a certain age goes “who?”. If you get someone past their best, at least they have broad recognition.

Oh have a look at all you guys - all cool and alternative and contemporary...

Yeah Robbie is older but is a dead set global name and even though this clip is very aged, it's hard to watch/listen to this and not get the ole goose bumps and hair standing up on the back of the neck happening.

Guy is a global rock star, albeit a little older but AFL needs to appeal to more punters than the 16 - 30 set.

God I wish I had of been at this Knebworth gig...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Robbie Williams AFL grand final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back