Robbo's 2015 end of season Top 50, Opinions?

Remove this Banner Ad

True. But as I said in my post, if Slobbo was weighting Finals heavily then Rioli gets ahead. Betts did well in games against lesser teams but was schooled by Hawthorn twice. Rioli had a few quiet games, a few great games, and a phenomenal game in the GF and was an integral part of us winning.

Much like our Best and Fairest awarding double points for the Grand Final (plus they have the option of awarding bonus points when every voting coach agrees to it), then Rioli jumps a long way up the list.

One thing I had never seen was Betts talking before. He is a deadset legend. Such a humble, wonderful man. And when he talked about just being happy to be alongside Wingard and Rioli it was such a genuine, beautiful thing to say.

Carlton, how could you let him go for $50k a year or whatever piddly amount it was???

Valid points mate.

At then end of the day Robbo has Betts, Wingard and Rioli all pretty much grouped together anyway which I suppose aligns itself with how the three are rated by us experts on BigFooty. Plenty of debate and we all have our opinions but there is not a whole lot between the three of them, with each bringing his own individual talents to the table.

Agree on Betts, a humble and impressive person he appears to be.

Not really.

Betts was the best small forward in the comp this year. Wingard is a better player overall but on output this year alone, Betts deserves every bit of kudos he gets.

Betts had a great year. Still think Wingard provided more over the season. Gets underrated around these parts I think. There's more to football than just finishing, not that it's unimportant or Betts is a limited player. Wingard is just more rounded.

******* Hodge?

Piss off. What a joke.
Don't rate finals footy? Not surprising, given the club you support rarely participates.

Not the worst list of this type I've seen. Everyone will find a player from their own team that should be in there (no Gunston!?) but I think the top of the list is pretty on point for 2015.

Funnily enough I don't rate Robbo as the most astute judge of the game. Not that interested in who he picks

Correct.... 10/10

Robbo should stick to his tried & trusted 'New Idea' format....It's the only thing he's any good at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my biased opinion would have Tory Dickson in the top 50 over some of the others. 50 goals from a small forward is pretty handy, to use the Betts argument

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo's 2015 end of season Top 50, Opinions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back