Robert Harvey - worst bloke ever! Sledging Bartel's estranged father and then sooking like a baby

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how he hates overrated footballers yet he sticks up for the overrated Bartel who has been proven as the most overrated player in the competition. Double standards much?

Funny how he hates overrated footballers yet he sticks up for the overrated Bartel who has been proven as the most overrated player in the competition. Double standards much?

images

...In his book Hold the Line, Scarlett says he "enjoyed sledging", and discusses the ugly spat he had with St Kilda great Robert Harvey.
During the 2008 qualifying final, Scarlett said Harvey had sledged Jimmy Bartel about his estranged father, just days after their relationship was made public in a newspaper report, which "had shaken Jimmy up".
Rallying around Bartel, Scarlett said to Harvey: "You’re just a selfish old c***. You’re never going to win a flag. Your career has been a total waste."
The Cats would win by 58 points, and Harvey had little influence with 19 disposals.
"We totally got under his skin, and he was furious for the rest of the game," Scarlett said.
"After the game, I went up to shake his hand. 'You right, mate? The game's over,' I said. That's how I played football. What happens on the field, stays on the field, and when the siren goes you always shake hands and walk away.
"You're a f***wit,' he said as he ignored my outstretched hand and walked off."
seriously, people who idolise Robert Harvey need a good swift kick in the plums............just ask Malcolm Blight what he thinks of Robert Harvey and his two sidekicks of the day, Nafan Burke and Stuart Loewe.

Rallying around Bartel, Scarlett said to Harvey: "You’re just a selfish old c***. You’re never going to win a flag. Your career has been a total waste."
The Cats would win by 58 points, and Harvey had little influence with 19 disposals.
"We totally got under his skin, and he was furious for the rest of the game," Scarlett said.
"After the game, I went up to shake his hand. 'You right, mate? The game's over,' I said. That's how I played football. What happens on the field, stays on the field, and when the siren goes you always shake hands and walk away.
"You're a f***wit,' he said as he ignored my outstretched hand and walked off."

Does somebody have video of the incident? Scarlett actually saved his big barb for after the game was won (being the coward's tough man he always was), and Robert Harvey had to be pulled off him. Not just a f***wit and a poor excuse for a human being, he's also blatantly lied to make his story.

Seriously, people wishing cancer on Scarlett are probably being unkind to cancer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously, people who idolise Robert Harvey need a good swift kick in the plums............just ask Malcolm Blight what he thinks of Robert Harvey and his two sidekicks of the day, Nafan Burke and Stuart Loewe.

I couldn't give a rat's tossbag what Malcolm Blight thinks, he was only at St Kilda for the money and to play golf.

Except there should be an addendum to Scarlett's code. "What happens on the field stays on the field. Unless I decide to write about it and make some coin."

Hypocrite much?

I reckon Scarlett is a shit enough bloke to lie about what Harvey said, he's just trying to justify his own pathetic behaviour, resentment and poor sportsmanship :thumbsdown:

Scarlett is a dog that isn't fit to lick the shit off a champion like Harvey's boots.

You only have to look at how many slanging matches and dog acts Scarlett was involved in compared to Harvey to see who is a worse bloke.
That's because Harvey was a plodder who couldn't get to enough contests to effect them with his dog acts.

I reckon Scarlett is a shit enough bloke to lie about what Harvey said, he's just trying to justify his own pathetic behaviour, resentment and poor sportsmanship :thumbsdown:
Rings pretty relative in regards to you coming back for more and more. :)

Stop it man, you're gonna overload the hotmail server if you continue creating more e-mail accounts after accounts, after accounts, after accounts just to keep this charade going. :p

I remember that night pretty clearly actually, and Robert Harvey showed that he could dish it but not take it...........I also remember him having a vague memory when questioned by journos if hed said the things about Jimmy and his Dad at the time. Didn't even have the balls or the conviction to admit what he said, instead he played the victim. Pretty much sums up St Kildas pathetic history really.
One of the biggest justices in football was seeing this self centred middle paced flog, deprived of any premiership success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey - worst bloke ever! Sledging Bartel's estranged father and then sooking like a baby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back