Robson to resign today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now for the golden standard of predictions, Daytripper:

I tell you what will happen.

Nobody will be suspended, nobody senior will resign.

The story will be forgotten as soon as footy starts next week - its even starting to shrink back into its shell now going by the make up of both the HUN and The Age today.
Two down, one to go.

This entirely relates to the governance review conducted by Ziggy. When Ziggy's report came out what was it 4 weeks ago now, I knew Robson's days were indeed numbered.

If I recall correctly, I actually stated that Robson would go..have done many times. As CEO he was ultimately responsible for the hiring and firing of staff. He had the final say.

The long and the short of it is had he not given the go-ahead for Essendon to contract Dank into the club, we'd be in the clear. So he had to go. But, I'm glad he has chosen to resign rather than the board sacking him.

As to the replacement - well the rumour is already out there that is to be non football-related CEO to take it over.

Two alternatives have been mentioned.

Paul Little of Toll Holdings, who was on the board not so long ago;

and

Ziggy Switkowski.

Think about the latter for a minute. That report he presented would read very well as a fine job application.

Now they just need to find out who he gave the go ahead to

Well with everyone under the sun calling for someones head I suppose from a PR point of view it would make sense to start with the club CEO.

This entirely relates to the governance review conducted by Ziggy. When Ziggy's report came out what was it 4 weeks ago now, I knew Robson's days were indeed numbered.

But this wasn't one of Switkowski's recommendations. Essendon said no decisions would be taken until the ASADA investigation was complete. What's changed?

If I recall correctly, I actually stated that Robson would go..have done many times. As CEO he was ultimately responsible for the hiring and firing of staff. He had the final say.

The long and the short of it is had he not given the go-ahead for Essendon to contract Dank into the club, we'd be in the clear. So he had to go. But, I'm glad he has chosen to resign rather than the board sacking him.

As to the replacement - well the rumour is already out there that is to be non football-related CEO to take it over.

Two alternatives have been mentioned.

Paul Little of Toll Holdings, who was on the board not so long ago;

and

Ziggy Switkowski.

Think about the latter for a minute. That report he presented would read very well as a fine job application.
Paul Little is a very smart operator but I think you will find he is too busy with his Little Projects business. If he was available he would have been a great choice except for his closeness to Evans and Horsbrough.

Ziggy lives up in the ether and the EFC job is too far down the food chain. He just would not have the skills to manage a day to day business.

The long and the short of it is had he not given the go-ahead for Essendon to contract Dank into the club, we'd be in the clear. So he had to go.

So in a regular organisation, if a CFO hires a Finance Manager and the Finance Manager messes up the CEO has to go?? Ridiculous.

Is the CEO meant to interview/hire everyone in the organisation individually? What about at a large company like Telstra or BHP???

Now they just need to find out who he gave the go ahead to

I'll give you that answer straight away.

The head of the football department - Paul Hamilton.

If you are the head of football at a club, you are more senior than the coach. In fact you end up deciding who is coach, who the assistant coaches are, who is responsible for which departments under the football department banner and so on.

So the football manager in 2010 in fact, made the call to hire Hird and Thompson and whoever. He then made that recommendation to the CEO - who as a member of the board, gave the final tick of approval.

The same would have happened with Dank's hiring. Dean Robinson recommended Dank to Thompson. Thompson would have told Hird. Hird not knowing any differently made the recommendation to Hamilton, who would have done the same to Robson who would have done the same to the board.

Therefore, Hird cannot be held directly responsible for the hiring of Dank - he was perhaps a participant in it, without the information about Dank available to him.

But this wasn't one of Switkowski's recommendations. Essendon said no decisions would be taken until the ASADA investigation was complete. What's changed?

As Robson has just repeated just now - the CEO must be responsible for everything that happens in their organisation. That was in the Ziggy report. Clearly stated in fact. That is why Robson has acted to fall on his sword.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he will get a nice little handshake for falling on his sword & he will find a gig very quickly in the corporate world. Meanwhile for those who were at the coalface of this whole debacle it will be business as usual. This just demonstrates that the Essendon Football Club continue to miss the point.

Quote from Ziggy's report

"The CEO must be accountable for everything that happens within his organisations," it said.

"Coaches cannot bypass him, and boards must work through him."

Basically calling for his head although Ziggy forgot to add,

"In saying that, I WAS the CEO at Telstra sooooo..... after this report im not really doing anything..."

Quote from Ziggy's report

"The CEO must be accountable for everything that happens within his organisations," it said.

"Coaches cannot bypass him, and boards must work through him."

Basically calling for his head although Ziggy forgot to add,

"In saying that, I WAS the CEO at Telstra sooooo..... after this report im not really doing anything..."

Clear as day.

Well with everyone under the sun calling for someones head I suppose from a PR point of view it would make sense to start with the club CEO.

More accurately, from a PR point of view it makes sense to do it on the day Buddy is an "altercation", somebody hacks off the head of a British soldier on the streets of London and Ford announces it is shutting down its Australian operations.

A brilliant day to bury bad news.

But now every time a new development breaks they can say "We've already sacked the CEO!"

This is all about attempting to fire-proof the Golden Boy because they fear that sacking Hird would devastate the club.

Instead they are just delaying the inevitable and magnifying the pain.

If you are the head of football at a club, you are more senior than the coach. In fact you end up deciding who is coach, who the assistant coaches are, who is responsible for which departments under the football department banner and so on.

So the football manager in 2010 in fact, made the call to hire Hird and Thompson and whoever. He then made that recommendation to the CEO - who as a member of the board, gave the final tick of approval.

The same would have happened with Dank's hiring. Dean Robinson recommended Dank to Thompson. Thompson would have told Hird. Hird not knowing any differently made the recommendation to Hamilton, who would have done the same to Robson who would have done the same to the board.

Therefore, Hird cannot be held directly responsible for the hiring of Dank - he was perhaps a participant in it, without the information about Dank available to him.

Hey the funny thing is, I didn't mention Hird's name at all, your subconscious is trying to tell you something. By the way at the original press conference Hird took full responsibility, has he changed his mind.

LOL

I actually laughed at this.

I spose Eade's in charge at Collingwood too.

Neil Balme at Geelong? LOL

Rob Wiley at Carlton?? I could just imagine Mick's response if Wiley kept telling him what to do. Imagine Wiley going to the CEO and saying he wasn't happy with how a player was being treated. Then Swanny goes down with his big stick and tells Mick to pull his head in. :D:D

Robson.​
sacrificial-lamb.jpg

LMAO....they have embraced the Switkowski report...wow what a great club..the CEO should know what is going on and I didnt so I resign...now all we need to know now is who did know fools...someone or someones did...and they did a good job in making the CEO not know...over to you now fools..;)

If you are the head of football at a club, you are more senior than the coach..

pazza. please. Apologism is one thing, but there is no need to insult our intelligence. Everyone who has followed footy for more than 2 seconds knows there is no-one at Essendon even remotely above Baby Jesus. Today is just further proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back