Rodney Was Right

Remove this Banner Ad

Sylvia Saint said:
Geez, talk about sour grapes.

Whether White's free was there or not, good sides don't let 22 point leads deep into the final quarter slip.

Call me a troll, tell me to ******** off your board, I don't care. ^ is the truth.

The umpiring was bad. It was really really bad.

But you are correct. 100% correct. The umpiring was bad and we were still 22 points up and we let it slip.

The last decision cost us the game, but we were already ********ed by then anyway.

When you're full back kicks it straight out the wrong side, you know you're ********ed.

That free kick where Robertson jumped on Harris's back WORST CALL IN FOOTBALL HISTORY !

Melbourne's win wasnt convincing just 4 points Melbourne wont go far in the finals

Why do people say it was a good come back and bulldogs should of won , it was early in the 14th minute mark of the last quarter

For the umpires they favoured Melbourne with 22 frees for Melbourne and 16 to the Dogs

the ghost of alby smedts said:
Add the travel call on Griffen to the list.
I watched it in slow mo and counted 10 and a half steps.
As for Skipper he was looking at the ball holding his position when White cannoned into him and went to ground. As a matter of fact if Skip went to ground he may well have got the free.

Griffen travel call was disgraceful, he took twelve steps at the most.

Another bad call was the 50m penalty given to Hargrave when he attempted to hold Miller up after he marked. Miller then dropped the ball. The umpire said Hargrave knocked the ball away. Bad bad decsion.

They were just some of the bad calls made by the umps, there were also many frees that the should have got but were not paid.

Ah well, life goes on....

Nah - disagree on the Griffen one - I was sitting with Onslaught and Cyberdoggie - OS counted 18 steps, I counted 17 (this was from the replay on the scoreboard) - I didn't think it was a kick when it was paid, but I guess it was there....the fact it happened 10 other times during the game but was not picked up is another story.

I agree with Sporty on the Harris/Robbo incident...Harris had one intention - shepherding - and it looked a kick to me...the worst thing was, Grant would have marked it anyway - Harris didn't have to do it, but Robbo was giving him a bath and he had stopped concentrating on the ball.

I disagree with the White kick - White (and Skipper for that matter) were not even the ruckman - Holland and Minson were...it was soft, disgraceful, everything. And we seemed to get a pretty raw deal at other times during the night - a couple of holding the balls were really upsetting...But, 4-kicks up at the 22-minute mark? Should have won from there...

I'll say it again. The frees they gave may have been there (soft as they were) but if you pay them pay them to each team, all the way through the game and at both ends of the ground. I think there was no consistency last night and a good game of football was ruined by over umpiring.

mjp said:
Nah - disagree on the Griffen one - I was sitting with Onslaught and Cyberdoggie - OS counted 18 steps, I counted 17 (this was from the replay on the scoreboard) - I didn't think it was a kick when it was paid, but I guess it was there....the fact it happened 10 other times during the game but was not picked up is another story.

I agree with Sporty on the Harris/Robbo incident...Harris had one intention - shepherding - and it looked a kick to me...the worst thing was, Grant would have marked it anyway - Harris didn't have to do it, but Robbo was giving him a bath and he had stopped concentrating on the ball.

I disagree with the White kick - White (and Skipper for that matter) were not even the ruckman - Holland and Minson were...it was soft, disgraceful, everything. And we seemed to get a pretty raw deal at other times during the night - a couple of holding the balls were really upsetting...But, 4-kicks up at the 22-minute mark? Should have won from there...
I counted `12 on the replay. Otherwise I agree with you about the other two free kicks.

Leon said:
Jeff White.

You are a squib. Nothing more, nothing less.

And Melbourne, you wont go ****ing well anywhere in the finals you soft, overrated bunch of ****ing pretenders.

Furious. Absolutely furious.

****!

hahahaha........i like you.

twist said:
hahahaha........i like you.

Swings and round abouts.....

Good luck getting up for the Bombers. Nothing Sheedy likes more than upsetting his students...

BTW, Neale's reaction, over the top. You still need to win this week. I doubt you enough not to be confident you can!

Draft Pick said:
That decison in the second quarter when Harris was penalised for sheparding Robertson was the worst umpiring decison I have seen in my 24 years watching football. :rolleyes:

I actually agree strongly with you here.

Walls tried for 5 minutes to justify the umpires call here.

As far as I could see, Harris stood in one spot, now regardless of whether he was watching the football or not, since when does the rule book state he has to get out of the way of another player running from behind?

Harris didn't force Robbo to jump into his back, nor did he actually impede Robbo in any way. Robbo jumped from way too far back and landed on a bloke a metre away from the ball. At mst, it should have been a free kick to Harris - Although I would have just let the game go on given Grant had taken the mark. The decision was absoloutely bloody disgraceful and will be lost in the wash up - Outcry over the White free kick. Even though personally, it was the more disgraceful decision. Even if the White free had a bigger impact on the game.

ErnieSigley said:
Can someone explain the free to White(?) in the 3rd quarter in the centre square and why the ump had to take the ball off him for 10 seconds then give it back?

The free was against Daniel Cross, who was hit by his opponent off the ball, and then retaliated.....as usual only the retaliator was seen by the ump.

The free kick against Brian Harris was incorrect. Harris did not move into Robertson's path, Robertson initiated contact with an unrealistic attempt to mark => free to Harris.

The free kick against Wayde Skipper was incorrect. White initiated contact. The contact to White was to his side. Schmitt paid "in the back".

Ryan Griffen bounced the ball and then ran approximately 12 metres before kicking the ball. Yet another wrong decision.

The three umpires from Saturday night, Michael Vozzo, Steve McBurney and Justin Schmitt had a very bad night and most likely cost themselves any chance of a finals appearance.

beaumont911 said:
Did anyone see Eagle get hit in the head in the third quater, from where I was sitting, he got knocked out cold and the ump calls play on, and since we were a man down, they kick a goak.

That was similar to the bump Pickett was rubbed out for - maybe worse.

flamethrower said:
The three umpires from Saturday night, Michael Vozzo, Steve McBurney and Justin Schmitt had a very bad night and most likely cost themselves any chance of a finals appearance.

Disagree with this, they made the umpiring fraternity proud and AFL love them. They'll be on next years AFL Hall of Fame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft Pick said:
That decison in the second quarter when Harris was penalised for sheparding Robertson was the worst umpiring decison I have seen in my 24 years watching football. :rolleyes:
That decision was correct, Harris had no intention of going for the ball.

This thread is a joke! When your 22 points up in the last half of the last quarter, it no ones fault other than the team's fault, plain and simple. We can blame the umpires all we like, at the end of the day we let Melbourne back into the game with stupid errors, the umpires were not at fault for our stupid errors and poor decsion making!!

bogan4life said:
I dont like blaming the umps, we should not have let them come back in to the game.

Exactly we should have never been in that posistion, we should have been 6 goals up by then and still attacking.

gridlocked said:
Another bad call was the 50m penalty given to Hargrave when he attempted to hold Miller up after he marked. Miller then dropped the ball. The umpire said Hargrave knocked the ball away. Bad bad decsion.

This one happened right in front of where I was sitting. Miller took the mark uncontested, with Hargrave right on his hammer.

Hargrave grabbed Miller after he had landed and was moving back to his mark. Predictably, the whistle blew and 50 was paid.

The umps have been red-hot on defenders trying to hold up players who marked uncontested all season, and this was what the 50m was paid for.

I am trying to move on from Saturday night, but it's not easy!!

Listening to my Dad rant about the umpiring last night for over an hour hasn't helped in the recovery process, either :)

I have been in a bad mood all morning, not helped by having a Melbourne supporting colleague tell me that the Robertson free kick was because 'that other guy grabbed his legs'!

In short- the umpires are having too much influence on games, and I can't see this changing whilst Demetriou and the other clowns dig their heads in the sand and deny that there's a problem, and then slap fines on anyone who dares to speak out.

Oh well, go Bombers!!!!!

Sporty Spice said:
It was there. Harris looks at Robertson and backs into him. You can't do that.

How can you back into someone if they are sitting on your shoulders riding you to the ground. Harris may have looked, but then Robertson's over-compensation by infringing on several fronts would warrant at worst two negatives, therefore the mark taken by us should have been the only decision. Paying that as a shepherd is ridiculousness personified. Anyway, Michael Vozzo umpires lucking a f%$#ing peanut every week, so we should expect no less from the $%%^&& *&^%#$#@ &&^%$%#!!!!!

desipura said:
That decision was correct, Harris had no intention of going for the ball.

Nor should he have - as Granty was going for the mark!!!! What was he supposed to do - get out of the way to give the opponent a free run at Granty?

yeah, harris was blocking, which was the right thing to do, he just didnt do it smart enough. all he had to do was keep his eyes on the ball and raise his arms in the air in a little half-hearted 'Im going for the mark, no truly I am' sort of way, and he would have been fine. but he glanced behind him as he was positioning himself and then flung his arms out as a barrier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rodney Was Right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back