PoidaCat

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Andrew Mackie
:thumbsu: All this does is further prove that he is overated.

Biggest media hype player in the AFL.

Selector 1:
troll1.jpg

Selector 2:
Mountain_Troll.jpg

Selector 3:
trolls-en.jpg

Selector 4: (was asked to smile for the camera)
trollface.jpg

Pretty obvious that Rioli is the best small forward in the league. There will always be a few ferals like the OP who can't see past simple goal tallies, but for those of us who aren't blind-sided by one particular stat, Rioli is the smart choice.

Terrible decision and one that justifies his tag as overrated.

Actually defies it. This is pundits like Gerard Healy, Leigh Matthews, and so on involved in a closed-doors consultation on the team of the year, not media hysteria or a popularity contest.

So the forthright, no-nonsense judges have waved Rioli in, while the overrated Bartel continues to sit in the outer.

Why do Geelong fans hate Cyril?...... Let me think.... Oh thats right, I remember.

I don't hate him at all. Brilliant player on his day, but his inconsistency and output prove his tag as overrated.

Typical "highlights reel" mentality, do one or two nice things per game and people will take notice.

I hate Milne but he does have Cyril covered quite comfortably in output.

Actually defies it. This is pundits like Gerard Healy, Leigh Matthews, and so on involved in a closed-doors consultation on the team of the year, not media hysteria or a popularity contest.

So the forthright, no-nonsense judges have waved Rioli in, while the overrated Bartel continues to sit in the outer.
Which explains why Matthews quit being a selector.
He fought tooth and nail to get Cyril in the squad but the other selectors said to him if we do this you have to quit as people are going to know this is too unbelievable, the public know better than to think that Cyril has been one of the best 40 players this year

Typical "highlights reel" mentality, do one or two nice things per game and people will take notice.

I hate Milne but he does have Cyril covered quite comfortably in output.
Easily.

Oh wait, am I now part of some Geelong anti-Cyril conspiracy because I rate others higher than him?

Pretty obvious that Rioli is the best small forward in the league. There will always be a few ferals like the OP who can't see past simple goal tallies, but for those of us who aren't blind-sided by one particular stat, Rioli is the smart choice.
Come on Plugga - you can't get fed better material than this !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't hate him at all. Brilliant player on his day, but his inconsistency and output prove his tag as overrated.

Depends on what you call inconsistent. If you go by outputs around disposals and goals then he has up and down weeks. He is never really down on tackles, score assists, score involvements and I know that is an important measure for what we need out of him at this time. As he spends more time in the middle then we will want more disposals, clearances etc from him. At the moment I am sure he is consistantly doing what he needs to and that seems to be enough for what the all Australian selectors want too.

Duigan was a better small forward than Rioli this year

..and he only played forward twice (and in one of those games he was shit)

It's actually these highlights which blind many footy fans to the superior output of Rioli over Milne. Remember, there's no stat for 'highlights reel' in Champion Data, yet Rioli creams Milne to the tune of 30 points a game, despite being a sub for the last two games of the season. Looks like Rioli will continue to be underrated, but he's been in great form the last couple of months, getting over 100 points a game in Champion Data virtually every time he hasn't been subbed in or out.

That's consistency and output, proven over Milne and the other small forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

ROFL - Cyril Rioli in All Australian Squad - LOLs were had

Remove this Banner Ad

Back