Rolling Ashes Squad Thread, now featuring Haddin XII v Hick XII beginning p. 147

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Warner is straight back into any other the national teams then I am done with cricket

The argument goes ‘he’s a cheating twat’. An argument not without merit.

Cheating twat who will have more than done his time. Smith and Warner would have to have had the biggest cricket suspensions for cheating to gain an advantage (as opposed to spot fixing) ever surely. Warner is an unbearable hypocritical flog but he`s a champion batsman and clearly our 2nd best and will be back in as soon as he can.

Think Sayers and Bird are great calls for back-up bowlers, think we would need to see an incredible loss of form or injury to one of the big 3 for them to get a game.

Australia A will kill Australia as the backup bowlers will do better in English conditions than the main Aussie attack and we know the Aussie batsmen cant make runs on anything other than a WACA Highway

But Siddle has to be in the mix and I assume him being with the squad now is with an eye to the Ashes
Siddle? Put the white flag up.

If Finch is out for the series I would bring Burns in to open, Wade in for Handscomb as a pure bat. Would like to drop Smarsh, but he has secured his spot with some mediocre knocks. Don't think they mean anything given he defies conventional understandings of form with his non-scores, but in the absence of someone really beating down the door he stays.

Cheating twat who will have more than done his time. Smith and Warner would have to have had the biggest cricket suspensions for cheating to gain an advantage (as opposed to spot fixing) ever surely. Warner is an unbearable hypocritical flog but he`s a champion batsman and clearly our 2nd best and will be back in as soon as he can.
I don’t disagree but a lot of people see Warner as the ringleader and simply don’t want someone of such dubious character in the team. I’m not fussed either way, though I do find it a little amusing that many were far more willing to piss him off before it became obvious just how shit we are.

No Pukovski in the A team?

The bloke has passed 50 3 times in his life in FC cricket. Why don't we actually wait and find out if he's any good before putting him into one of the harshest tours on earth ffs

The bloke has passed 50 3 times in his life in FC cricket. Why don't we actually wait and find out if he's any good before putting him into one of the harshest tours on earth ffs
What has he got to lose by being included in the Australia A side that’ll be preparing in England while the World Cup squad is playing? He’s obviously a special talent.

What has he got to lose by being included in the Australia A side that’ll be preparing in England while the World Cup squad is playing? He’s obviously a special talent.

Put him in the squad, I'm talking about the people who have him in the top 6 for the ashes.
He's not obviously a special talent, there have been plenty of 'special' talents who couldn't handle the step up

Renshaw is a special talent who is averaging 20 at FC level this season after a poor season last year.
Let's not destroy the kid before he has a chance.

Put him in the squad, I'm talking about the people who have him in the top 6 for the ashes.
He's not obviously a special talent, there have been plenty of 'special' talents who couldn't handle the step up

Renshaw is a special talent who is averaging 20 at FC level this season after a poor season last year.
Let's not destroy the kid before he has a chance.
You don’t think the youngest kid to score a shield double ton since Ponting as a 19 year old is a special talent? Geeze tough crowd.

Renshaw is playing poorly at the minute but let’s not forget he went over and averaged 50 in country cricket this year. Form is temporary, class is permanent. This break in shield cricket will do him the world of good IMO.

You don’t think the youngest kid to score a shield double ton since Ponting as a 19 year old is a special talent? Geeze tough crowd.

Renshaw is playing poorly at the minute but let’s not forget he went over and averaged 50 in country cricket this year. Form is temporary, class is permanent. This break in shield cricket will do him the world of good IMO.

I'm not saying Renshaw is shit mate, but his FC average is 38. Which is fine because he's still a young fella but he's not ready to be a test opener.

Pucovskis double century was awesome but it was 1 innings, will he play plenty of FC cricket? Probably.

Do you know that he is capable of averaging over 40 in FC cricket for his career? No

Take away that 1 innings and his first class average is 28. He's not ready to come in at 4-67 in swinging English conditions

It is an Australia A team FFS, how is that one of the harshest tours on earth?

In his half a dozen FC matches he's already made 188 and 250, I think it's obvious he's pretty decent.

It is an Australia A team FFS, how is that one of the harshest tours on earth?

In his half a dozen FC matches he's already made 188 and 250, I think it's obvious he's pretty decent.

He's played 13 innings. 2 amazing scores and 11 others for 150 runs which is less than an average of 15 for those who don't know maths.
So he's capable of scoring big but it's way too small of a sample size.

Happy for him to tour with Australia A but I've read suggestions of him in the 6 for the ashes which is ridiculous

He's played 13 innings. 2 amazing scores and 11 others for 150 runs which is less than an average of 15 for those who don't know maths.
So he's capable of scoring big but it's way too small of a sample size.

Happy for him to tour with Australia A but I've read suggestions of him in the 6 for the ashes which is ridiculous
You quoted me suggesting he should be in Australian A squad

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a tour game before the Ashes that is basically Aus v Aus A.

Australia
Warner
Harris
Khawaja
Smith
SMarsh
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Aus A (This group of players becomes your back up to the first 11)
Renshaw
Bancroft
Burns
Handscomb
Maxwell or Finch.
M Marsh or Stoinis
Wade
Remain
Bird
Sayers
O'keeffe or Holland or Agar.

Anybody not playing in the World cup should be playing the remaining SS games then heading to England and playing country games.

this is not a lock yet.

the other alternative is to play a test v Ireland.

I don't think aus playing aus A sorts anything out to be honest. 4 more test matches and the remainder of the Sheffield shield should be enough to put together a 16/17/18 man squad for the Ireland/England tour.

this is not a lock yet.

the other alternative is to play a test v Ireland.

I don't think aus playing aus A sorts anything out to be honest. 4 more test matches and the remainder of the Sheffield shield should be enough to put together a 16/17/18 man squad for the Ireland/England tour.
The Australia A squad isn’t being used to finalise a test squad. I believe they are using it to give the players who aren’t at the World Cup every chance to get accustomed with the conditions before the first test.

"A leopard does not change its spots" David Warner is a dickhead ( look at me ) and will be a terrible call For CA
to return him to the side. We do not need him, we are going OK with out him. Remember because of his CHEATING we are the laughing stocks of international cricket
i will not renew my 30 year membership

If they wanted to ban him for life they could have done so. Once he has served the suspension, he should be picked if he is in the best 11. It is the job of a leadership team to manage talented idiots like Warner. The mistake was having him in a position of power, not having him in the team.

"A leopard does not change its spots" David Warner is a dickhead ( look at me ) and will be a terrible call For CA
to return him to the side. We do not need him, we are going OK with out him. Remember because of his CHEATING we are the laughing stocks of international cricket
i will not renew my 30 year membership
Why should we have one rule for one of them and a different rule for the others?

He's serving a bam that was handed down by CA. Let him do his time. As much as I can't stand the bloke, he hasn't killed anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back