5 - Greater Western Sydney
6 - Greater Western Sydney
7 - Gold Coast
8 - Port Adelaide
9 - Richmond
10 - Fremantle
11 - Western Bulldogs

NAB AFL Rookie Draft selections
Adelaide (7 selections): 5, 23, 41, 58, 73, 83, 89.
Brisbane Lions (4): 4, 22, 40, 57
Carlton (4): 14, 32, 50, 67.
Collingwood (6): 17, 35, 53, 70, 81, 87.
Essendon (6): 11, 29, 47, 64, 78, 85.
Fremantle (5): 8, 26, 44, 61, 75.
Geelong (3): 18, 36, 54.
Gold Coast (9): 2, 20, 38, 56, 72, 82, 88, 92, 94.
GWS (5): 1, 19, 37, 55, 71.
Hawthorn (4): 16, 34, 52, 69.
Melbourne (4): 6, 24, 42, 59.
North Melbourne (5): 10, 28, 46, 63, 77.
Port Adelaide (3): 3, 21, 39.
Richmond (7): 7, 25, 43, 60, 74, 84, 90.
St Kilda (5): 12, 30, 48, 65, 79.
Sydney (9): 13, 31, 49, 66, 80, 86, 91, 93, 95.
West Coast (4): 15, 33, 51, 68.
Western Bulldogs (5): 9, 27, 45, 62, 76.

Your views on our picks and who may be around at each one etc...

Chris has done some more recruiting on our behalf on the Phantom Drafts board if anyone is interested. A few other phantoms have us stocking up on tallish players for some reason.

Chris has done some more recruiting on our behalf on the Phantom Drafts board if anyone is interested.

I finished up our drafting yesterday...

Zac Dawson - KPD
Gibson Turner - small forward/midfielder
Jackson Coleman - KPF
Dylan Gabron-Uhe - KPD
Dylan Orval - KPF
Drew Gallard - midfielder/half back
Travis Tuck - midfielder

We wont draft anything like that on Tuesday unfortunately. Chances are we'll take Dick, maybe a couple of Cook/Mitchell/Pearce, perhaps Lee and a ruckman.

I finished up our drafting yesterday...

Zac Dawson - KPD
Gibson Turner - small forward/midfielder
Jackson Coleman - KPF
Dylan Gabron-Uhe - KPD
Dylan Orval - KPF
Drew Gallard - midfielder/half back
Travis Tuck - midfielder

We wont draft anything like that on Tuesday unfortunately. Chances are we'll take Dick, maybe a couple of Cook/Mitchell/Pearce, perhaps Lee and a ruckman.

That will give us 3 Dylan's on our list.
Could Gabron-Uhe and Orval wear headbands?

I was interested that you took Coleman in front of Sheahan Chris25.

What was your rationale there? I don't know anything about Coleman but I don't mind Sheahan, and I know you don't mind him either. Just wondering...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with Travis Tuck? Purely from a football perspective, he is a better player than a Kane Mitchell or Ryan Cook. And since we always seem to take a mature aged midfielder, he'd be a good pick up. Could take over from Rhys Palmer in the midfield from Round 1.

And unlike Fevola and Lovett, have you heard anything about Tuck this year? The only stories I've heard have been positive ones.

As for Coleman and Sheahan, I do like the both of them. Sheahan might be the better player at the moment, but I think Coleman has the higher ceiling. Especially seeing how he improved as this season went on. And although they are a similar height, Coleman seems to play taller. So I wanted him as the big target deep up forward, especially because I was planning on drafting Orval with a later pick - who plays a similar role to Sheahan.

What's wrong with Travis Tuck? ...Could take over from Rhys Palmer in the midfield from Round 1.

Didn't realise we "needed" someone to take over from Palmer. On the rest wait and see what the mix lolly bag brings. Rookies do offer plenty of interest. But it seems the clubs now are really using the ND v PSD v RD strategically.

i.e. Try to take less risky players in the ND. PSD to fill needs from recycled players. Then use RD to find talented but rough diamonds and just let them sit and develop on minimum wage. The quicker the better, but if not no real biggie.

What's wrong with Travis Tuck? Purely from a football perspective, he is a better player than a Kane Mitchell or Ryan Cook. And since we always seem to take a mature aged midfielder, he'd be a good pick up. Could take over from Rhys Palmer in the midfield from Round 1.

And unlike Fevola and Lovett, have you heard anything about Tuck this year? The only stories I've heard have been positive ones.
Sure we've heard nothing but good news on him this year, but it hasn't exactly been regarding his barnstorming performances. Not confident he'd slot in to our 22. That'd be like saying Hinkley would slot in on our wing from rd 1 seeing as we're slow and everything. :D

As for Coleman and Sheahan, I do like the both of them. Sheahan might be the better player at the moment, but I think Coleman has the higher ceiling. Especially seeing how he improved as this season went on. And although they are a similar height, Coleman seems to play taller. So I wanted him as the big target deep up forward, especially because I was planning on drafting Orval with a later pick - who plays a similar role to Sheahan.
Chris would have thought Tuck and Cook would be similar ability wise and given Cook doesnt have any strikes against his name and is already well settled in Perth ...that he would get the nod.
Also find the no love for Tunbridge a bit puzzling,surely we would grab him if available with one of our first couple of picks,,,,given his ability and preference for staying in Perth
I also cant see the point in re rooking Pearce who is a good wafl player but seems to struggle at the next level and Dick is a big risk,we might as well re rookie Timmy Ruffles

Our targets should be Tunbridge, Dick, Jayden Schofield, Menagola, Manson, Horsley, Busher, Dowler, Hartigan, Lee, Marley Williams, Spurr, Florio, Coad, Jordan Wilson, Dwyer, Tighe, Tuck and Malcolm Leach.

Rather go for Mature age rookies and second chancers as they seem to have a better chance to work out.

I'm no expert but Marley Williams looks to be a Clancee Pearce clone. His Draft video was hardly a glowing endorsement.

Don't know about the Clancee Pearce clone bit but a mate of mine who plays at claremont reckons Williams is not AFL standard.
He did say Tom Lee would be a great choice though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie Draft Order By Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back