Roos in Sydney cont....

• Thread starter Pete
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloodstained Angel

I wouldn't lose too much hope from your past two results. The thing is, the Swans can go two ways here. If they let it bite at them, make them lose confidence in themselves and each other, then they'll deservedly miss the finals. Or they can use it as a learning and motivational tool, take the experience and become a stronger and better team for it. I reckon that Rodney Eade is a good enough coach to make sure that the Swans take the latter route rather than the former.

Also, look at the Swans team. O'Loughlin is a fantastic player. Creswell, Dunkley and Schwass (and hopefully Kelly to return) are the heart, Fitzgerald and Barry are full of potential, Stafford is a very good ruckman, Goodes will come...um....good again.....and I forgot to mention earlier, I thought that Crouch did some good things too. I think that the Swans will make the finals and I don't think anyone will want to take them on, especially at the SCG.

I agree with you that North won because of our mental toughness, but I also detect a new enthusiasm that the players seem to be showing. In the last couple of seasons, goals would result in a few pats on the back and then back to position, but now the players are really celebrating their goals. It was that excitement that I think went a long way to that run of goals at the end of the third quarter. Also, our younger players like Lange, Makepeace, Rawlings, and Kingsley are getting a run and others like Harvey and Clayton seem to have taken the next step up. It's a big call, but while I still think that Essendon are clearly the best team in the competition right now....not only with their best 22, but with their depth....I think North have closed the gap just that little bit.

Anyway, I think the Swans will beat Richmond, and beat them quite well. Keep the faith, okay?

Absolutely heartbreaking........how did we manage to let that one get away??
Way too many scoring opportunities wasted by taking the wrong option.

The roos were good though, some other teams would have thrown in the towel.
You just never have the kangas beat until the final siren.

Last week against the pies i didn't feel quite so bad.....i thaught we were slightly outplayed that day.
This was one that we let slip.
Need a BIG win against the tigers to get back on track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos in Sydney cont....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back