Roos stay put at Arden St OFFICIAL

Remove this Banner Ad

after all all the grand hooha from king eddie about the state of the art lexus centre it hasnt done much for the pies . Maybe its about the people in the club that breeds sucsess !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On pure sentiment, I love the decision. As others have pointed out, we stay at our home AND we get to screw Carlton over.

<Puts neck over chopping block>

But, I have to say that I think we made the wrong decision. Sure, we get a $2million injection, but that's going to be used to make the grand stand fulfill the safety regulations and we have no guarantee of future money to upgrade the actual training facilities. And with that, we've passed up the chance to share the usage of a new $20million training facility with all the funding in place. I would also think it would mean that we'd be operating with a lower overhead and that the costs of future upgrades would be split.

Our success as a football club has always been based on ruthless decision making. From signing Barassi and exploiting the 10 year rule to becoming the first club to play games on Friday night and in Sydney, I reckon the board has taken a conservative course that may cost us in the end. I love Arden Street and all the history that it represents, but I reckon we would be better served by giving our players the facilities that are of a good standard.

davefromjerra said:
Glad to see I'm not the only Kangaroos supporter not thrilled with this news. Don't we want our club to have the best facilities available. If JYD and the senior players are in favour of the move I can't see a problem with it.

I think it’s more of a matter of being sick and tired of being dicked around over the last few years with the name of the club, the club song, home ground (???) etc. that when finally we have a statement that comes out from the club that is based on us staying at our home base and being proud of the fact despite enormous pressure from outside forces that I for one am absolutely wrapt!!!

And if we can shaft Carlton along the way – all the better!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Shinners, I can understand where you are coming from, I just disagree. I don't think this is purely sentiment. I don't believe the board is that irresponsible as to make a decision based on sentiment. Only time will tell if it is correct, as not all our ruthless decisions have been successful.

Carlton tried to take us over by force and from what I've heard their president is giving us a bum deal at our home ground. Don't forget that we netted Wells because they were caught rorting the system too.

CARLTON CANNOT BE TRUSTED. EVER.

NEVER EVER.

thumping said:
Great decision by our Board!!!! :D

We might not have a Lexus centre,But what we do have all the money in the world cant buy...

Interesting little article last week in the paper. Brendan Gale,President of the Players Association, visited the Lexus Centre and Arden Street last week and concluded that,despite the obviously disadvantaged conditions,Arden Street would be more likely to breed team success than Lexus.

So the powers that be decide to stay at Arden St.

Good on them.

Shared facilities would more than likely have led to one team shafting the other and vice versa.Unworkable.

Collingwood , Adelaide , Port and Essendon have had the luxury of state of the art facities for what result? Admitttedly Port has current bragging rights but season 2005 so far is better left unsaid for Port.

I'll be happy as long as we have a state of the art coaching panel , recruiting team ,Club administration and a growing membership base.

On the other hand the Blues

C ould
A lways
R ent or
L ease
T elstradome
O n the
N ever never.

Would that work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the points on here about doing it the hard way led me to think of the book Dune. If any of you have read the series, you'll know that the author tended to follow the belief that a hard life would breed the best warrior's. There could be some interesting parallel's to football. If one were inclined to make such comparisons...

Optus Oval has always been an annoyance to the surrounding residents. Optus Oval should be demolished so there is more parkland. The AFL, MCC could then redirect the money to NMFC to build new state of the art traning facility at Arden St, Carlton can join us as tenants, but they can have the old grandstand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos stay put at Arden St OFFICIAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back