Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is, I get where Bell is coming from, and that is to be commended in its own way

That said, what's the end game? Try and hold onto Lobb and win a flag? And if that doesn't happen?

Lobby clearly wants to be in Melbourne, and he strikes me as a bit of a mercenary. There would be nothing stopping him moving on to one of several Melbourne clubs next year for almost nothing, if he elected to be spiteful

Lobb had high trade value atm, it may be best to maximise a return rather then lose him for very little next year

If Lobb doesn’t want to be at Freo what would be stopping him going easy on the body preparation and getting a few soft tissue injuries keeping him out? (While he recovers in Melb).

If Lobb doesn’t want to be at Freo what would be stopping him going easy on the body preparation and getting a few soft tissue injuries keeping him out? (While he recovers in Melb).
The fact that he wants one last big contract. No one is paying a 31 year who's spent the last year injured $1.5 mil over 3 seasons.

Thing is, I get where Bell is coming from, and that is to be commended in its own way

That said, what's the end game? Try and hold onto Lobb and win a flag? And if that doesn't happen?

Lobby clearly wants to be in Melbourne, and he strikes me as a bit of a mercenary. There would be nothing stopping him moving on to one of several Melbourne clubs next year for almost nothing, if he elected to be spiteful

Lobb had high trade value atm, it may be best to maximise a return rather then lose him for very little next year
Fremantle has a great list except for forwards.

Keeping Lobb gives us time for Amiss or Treacy to develop or we get a replacement next trade period.

With Lobb we will be a top 4 contender and I’m happy to lose a mid second round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are the Dogs after him? JUH, Bruce, Naughton, English etc

presumably to play a forward line of naughton, lobb, JUH with lobb helping English with some ruck.

Darcy intercepting down back until he fills out. Realistically he would be a placeholder for Sam Darcy
We can go Naughton, Darcy, JUH forward now but it's a really inexperienced forward line.

the jury is still out as to if Bruce is cooked or not after his ACL. we'll see after a preseason

yeah, on par. but he's fallen off a cliff. he hasn't been good even before his injury. I want nothing to do with him unless we pay hin 450k and give coll a late 2nd round pick.

We are either going to be paying Gawn or Grundy big money to play their primary role/position less than 51% of the year

Doesn’t sit well with me when there are other options

I'm not really sure what you're trying to suggest here.

Are you saying that your post, in a thread full of people trying to argue about the trade value of Lobb, deliberately massively over valued him in an attempt to get people to call you out on it?

If so, what do you get from doing such a thing?

I work with a lot of different people with all sorts if issues but the psyche of some bigfooty posters is truly bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back