Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

God. This campaigner doesn't even work there anymore and he still isn't done sabotaging our club.
You should hear him commentating our games. You can easily see how we ended up wooden spooners under his influence. It's all get Rory in the guts, go harderer for longerer, this loss is a learning experience

Yeah if that's a straight quote all those calling Rory a champion of the club can gtfo
It's a really bad look. I'll admit I've often thought some of the criticism of Sloane was over the top but I'm starting to come around to the narrative that this guy is only in it for himself and doesn't give a shit about what's best for the club.

It's a really bad look. I'll admit I've often thought some of the criticism of Sloane was over the top but I'm starting to come around to the narrative that this guy is only in it for himself and doesn't give a s**t about what's best for the club.
I mentioned before I understand the competitive nature that produces this thinking - but to say it out loud???

He can stay on in the Matty Wright role if he wants to help the club and keep playing in some capacity. Otherwise it's a "thank you for your service and here's a lap around Adelaide Oval in the back of a HiLux" time.

It's a really bad look. I'll admit I've often thought some of the criticism of Sloane was over the top but I'm starting to come around to the narrative that this guy is only in it for himself and doesn't give a s**t about what's best for the club.
I don't think he's all that selfish, I think he's just super basic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suuuurely not. How tone deaf can someone be.

I honestly had the hope he wouldn't be like this and could read the room after correctly giving up the captaincy to Dawson.
Did he though? Or was that just something we said? Remains to be seen.

In which case, if we had the courage to force that change, surely we have the courage to force the other?
I'm not sure Tim would survive a barrage of knitting needles

Understand the point you make but one is putting Baby in the corner - the other is putting Baby in the bin. One is difficult but necessary and the last is a minefield

Understand the point you make but one is putting Baby in the corner - the other is putting Baby in the bin. One is difficult but necessary and the last is a minefield
I shouldn’t laugh, but that conjured up such a funny vision!

I'm OK with another year for him as long as we are clear that he's not getting full game time, (spending a number of games in the SANFL), and less CBA's if he is selected in the AFL side to ensure we promote our younger players first. He becomes a mentor of sorts, but not a best 22 for every week (as he shouldn't be now). We've already seen the merits of throwing some of these kids to the wolves (more by accident than design), e.g. Nankervis last week, Michalanney (from week 1), and how Worrell has progressed this year. We have to start placing trust in these kids. The same applies to Smith and even Tex to a degree.

I'm OK with another year for him as long as we are clear that he's not getting full game time, (spending a number of games in the SANFL), and less CBA's if he is selected in the AFL side to ensure we promote our younger players first. He becomes a mentor of sorts, but not a best 22 for every week (as he shouldn't be now). We've already seen the merits of throwing some of these kids to the wolves (more by accident than design), e.g. Nankervis last week, Michalanney (from week 1), and how Worrell has progressed this year. We have to start placing trust in these kids. The same applies to Smith and even Tex to a degree.
'' I dont care I will claw my way to a spot in the starting 22 , I will use my senior influence to tell a scared 5 game rookie to GTFO out of the centre square and call that senior experience required''

That's one thing that makes me think we've told Rory we're not re-signing him, or at least waiting until the season is over.

He's still being very vocal about wanting a deal next year in a way Tex wasn't this year once he knew his deal was definitely happening. So maybe hoping he puts some pressure on the club, let everyone know I still want to play, if I don't it's the club's fault and hope the barrage of public opinion sways the decision to give him a deal.

He can stay on in the Matty Wright role if he wants to help the club and keep playing in some capacity. Otherwise it's a "thank you for your service and here's a lap around Adelaide Oval in the back of a HiLux" time.
I think that his would be great for the Club if Rory could take over from Matty Wright who has proven to be a great captain in the SANFL. The other alternative could be Matt Crouch who will struggle to get picked up by another AFL club.what are the rules for having retired players in the SANFL side? Either one would have lots to offer our SANFL side.

'' I dont care I will claw my way to a spot in the starting 22 , I will use my senior influence to tell a scared 5 game rookie to GTFO out of the centre square and call that senior experience required''
I've respected your posting over a long period of time, but some of the stuff you've come up with lately astounds me. How could Sloane or any other footballer, senior or other, tell another footballer to get the f out of the midfield if the coach told him to play there? This is on a par with your assertion that Jones early form was a result of senior footballers giving him self-serving instructions and confusing him. Where is the evidence for either of these claims?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back