Toast Ross Lyon and us members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to give Ross a bit of a wrap after some of the flack he copped earlier in the year from the younger guns on BF. I think his coaching and working through the dilemmas has been outstanding and has made us a better team in the long run as many experienced hands predicted. He experimented, blooded young ones, returned to proven positions, and look were we are , 9-3, when many predicted we would be lucky to be top 4 or in some eyes even top 8.

Secondly I love the way at nearly every press conference he mentions us, the members, how passionate we are, how it is important for the team to play well for the members etc.etc.
Great coach and from what I can see a thoroughly decent man.

Any thoughts guys?

I hope the general observation that a St Kilda that knows how to play without Riewoldt, with Riewoldt coming back, is better than a St Kilda who's had Riewoldt all along.

But yes Ross has done a fantastic job with the Forward line, I just wonder what will happen with Rhys Stanley when the Roo comes back, he's shown so much I don't want to cut his development time out of the less important games.

Ross has been great again this year. He's done a fantastic job to get us up into 2nd place with Riewoldt missing and all the other dramas we've had.

I must admit I was a little critical of him when we first lost Riewoldt. Thought he made a mistake by reshuffling our defence and not playing the Stanley Knife but thankfully he saw the light and the last few games we have got back to playing much better attacking footy.

For all the criticism we cop for our playing style, I know quite a few other clubs would love to have a coach like Ross. I've heard a few West Coast supporters even talking about trying to get him to replace Worsfold next year. Too bad he is contracted to the Saints for the next few years.:D

Wouldn't want anyone else coaching us, love the professionalism and consistency he has brought to the club. He has the team playing a great team oriented brand of football. Will hopefully be coaching us for a long time yet.

He's had quite a few blips along the way, but his increased media presence over time (and his honesty in answering most questions) is great for the fans. Agree we've had our share of distractions but the boys seem to have kept the focus. Maybe he'll even fix the injury list one day ...

Probably the only coach in a long time who I've had 100% faith in. Sure, I've doubted some things he has done, but he is extremly smart, loves the clubs, respects the media, respects everyone, is a smart tactical coach, knows who the stakeholders are, and best of all, he isn't a lying piece of shit like Malthouse.

Since losing to Sydney in Roudn 12, 2008, then dropping Milne and Dal Santo...

St Kilda has 40 from 50. Losses to West Coast, Collingwod, Geelong, Hawthorn, Essendon, North Melbourne, Geelong, Port Adelaide, Carlton & Essendon.

Victories against Fremantle, North Melbourne, Carlton, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Fremantle, Adelaide, Essendon, Collingwood, Sydney, Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Essendon, Brisbane, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, Geelong, West Coast, Adelaide, Western Bullodgs, Sydney, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Sydney, North Melbourne, Collingwood, Fremantle, Western Bulldogs, West Coast, Adelaide, Richmond & Fremantle.

Impressive, huh?

Lyon is great!

As it stands Geelong and St Kilda both have 31 loses from the last 34 games they have played - pretty fuking impressive by both teams. And to only have dropped 10 out of 50 games MY GOD we are doing good.

There seems to be a certain bit of fear for him, he may be a great guy but they know they have to perform or they may not be there no matter who they are.

Let's hope we can go all the way this year and Roo comes back just like the old Roo (or even better)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, in all interviews RL mentions the members, makes me feel part of the club more than any other coach, and there has been a few in my time, ever has. I think his allowing Channel Seven in for a look was more for us than anything else. Well done Rossy

Was just thinking about starting a thread on Ross...

My thoughts...

Since he's arrived,

- Out injury concerns are a thing of the past, not coincidence either
- ALL players been put on alert to hold there spot, no favouritism
- Got rid of the injury plagued players
- Drafted extremely well from limited options
- Got us playing #1 for defense in the league

Mainly though, we are playing as a hard, tough unit where no one individual is required to hold the rest up and i credit all of that to Lyon. No point even tagging any player in our team now in my opinion because everyone is dangerous and deserves respect and again Lyon in my opinion has bought this professionalism to the club and has made every player on our list accountable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Ross Lyon and us members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back